It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ZOMG!!! got stopped by a cop just now, anomalous behavior on officers part

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Exactly which of the OP'ers rights were violated?

Sweet merciful crap, I am not going to state this again. Read the thread.

There is nothing to read, as their were no rights violated by the officer, contrary to what others may think.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

maybe it's time to change avatars dude know what i'm saying?

Look he did change his avatar.

Maybe next you can ask Xcathdra to stop spreading mis information, maybe he will listen to you then too

One can hope

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Dont get frustrated with him, he does this constantly. You give him facts, prove him wrong over and over and he repeats himself like a broken robot. Just let it go, you and I both know what rights were violated.

Keep this in mind the next time you come across the individual

-Skerrako

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

In your quest to proetct your "rights" you really should learn what they are and how they work. You should also understand that what you dimiss (Terry stop case) is critical to what we are trying to tell you. If you would check your arrogance at the door for a moment and actually listen, you might learn something.

A terry frisk is NOT a search. It is a pat down of your exterior clothes, and is completely legal and allowed under scotus rulings (the court cases you are dismissing while protecting your perceived rights).

If you match a description, your going to be checked on. In this instance, and as much as the phrase if you have nothing to hide annoys me, plays a key part in this instnance. If your not invovled, we dont want to waste your time playing games with you. In this rare instance, it would behoove all involved to assist the police in this manner by cooperating and ending the encounter as quickly as possible so they can get back to looking for the the suspect.

It has nothng to do with porotecting your rights, becuase none of your rights are being violated. It has everything to do with being a member of society and trying to assist where you can. In this case, your assistance in assisting police in dismissing you as a suspect in an expediant manner goes a long way. The longer we screw around with people and your mindset, the less time we have looking for the real suspect.

You dont have a right to resist an investigative detention. Its not a violation of your 4th amendment right either.

People are trying to explain to you how this works, and you respond with contempt and arrogance. Maybe you shojuld listen to what people are trying to say.. It might save you some trouble down the road.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

There was a time way back, when I thought you were one of the good cops, if you are even a cop as you claim. Now it is not the case, if you really are a cop, you think too highly of that tin badge. I am swaying more to the side that you are not really a cop, but wish you were. A renta-cop maybe.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Third, it's called a right to privacy as well as the right to deny search and seizure. It's also his right to be informed of WHY he is being stopped.

He was informed of why he was stopped!.....he matched the description of a felon, the officer told him that!....he was obviously not the felon, so he was allowed on his way.......I fail to see the story/problem here

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

You are forgetting something. He matched the description of a suspected felon. Innocent until proven guilty, unless maybe PR doesn't have the same kind of justice system.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Argyll

You are forgetting something. He matched the description of a suspected felon. Innocent until proven guilty, unless maybe PR doesn't have the same kind of justice system.

Who accused anyone of being guilty?.....he matched a description, he was approached and questioned, which is what the police do........it's called police work.........the officer ascertained that he was not the person they were looking for, and he was allowed on his way, and it was all conducted in a civil and polite manner......I fail to see a problem here!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

There was a time way back, when I thought you were one of the good cops, if you are even a cop as you claim. Now it is not the case, if you really are a cop, you think too highly of that tin badge. I am swaying more to the side that you are not really a cop, but wish you were. A renta-cop maybe.

My job is not to play the popularity game with people. I am explaining how this works, which is nothing like its being descrobed by the person I am responding to. I am a police officer, and could really care less if you believe me or not, as its not my intent in life to prove myself to you or anybody else.

The simple fact you think I should have to shows you think you are way more important oif a person than you actually are.

Exactly what part of my explanation do you disagree with? and what do you disgaree with? What do you think should occur and why? And what legal basis do you use to support your view?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Argyll

Disregard my last questions for you. Your response here tells me you have absolutely no idea how the law works, let alone how your rights work.

You can be suspected of a crime.... The guy matched a descirption of a person who was armed and is suspected of committing a felony.

As I said before, its called an investigative detention. Its not a search, its a terry frisk.

If you want to question my background, maybe you should actually understand the topic and what you are talking about before engaging in this debate. Clearly, you have absolutely no idea.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skerrako

Dont get frustrated with him, he does this constantly. You give him facts, prove him wrong over and over and he repeats himself like a broken robot. Just let it go, you and I both know what rights were violated.

Keep this in mind the next time you come across the individual

-Skerrako

Wait...Me? If you mean me, then look at my post history...I do no such thing.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I will then disregard everything you have to say, from now on. You have proven yourself as part of the enemy to the people. I don't care what happens to you from now on. I hope you wake up, and realize you are wrong. If not, if you get killed, I will not shed a tear. And I still think you are probably not a cop, but a rentacop that failed the dismal test to become a cop, and that is sad as hell. Keep licking the jackboots, it won't help you any. You will still be a failure.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Losing an argument and resulting to unfalsifiable insults much? lol

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I will then disregard everything you have to say, from now on. You have proven yourself as part of the enemy to the people. I don't care what happens to you from now on. I hope you wake up, and realize you are wrong. If not, if you get killed, I will not shed a tear. And I still think you are probably not a cop, but a rentacop that failed the dismal test to become a cop, and that is sad as hell. Keep licking the jackboots, it won't help you any. You will still be a failure.

Insanity is alive and well........and living on ATS

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Oink oink, that's the sound of the police! I hope you defenders of the police will be let off easy. You seem like you know not what you do. I hope you aren't defending these people knowing the implications. Maybe I am too nice, and give y'all too much credit. Maybe you know exactly what you are doing, and do it because of the pig powers nowadays. I hope that is not the case. If it is, I will not shed a tear when you are hung beside the police that murder people.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

The OP'er behaved in exactly the way that an innocent member of the public should behave

correction i gave that impression

reply to post by banandar123

not rude flip it's a pscychological stratagem a psycho will respond by barking at me then i go to the next trick if things start looking bad my Wyrrd starts up and whatever happens is out of my hands
reply to post by AwakeinNM

By George you've gotten the point of this thread!

reply to post by TKDRL

reply to post by banandar123

reply to post by Argyll

local news reports of the bank robbery in question
www.abovetopsecret.com...
my POV re the subjects being argued by the above
www.abovetopsecret.com...
as you may not have read them

reply to post by Skerrako

:LOL:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
anamalous ?

there must be literally 100's of thousands of these types of encounters every week in this country

you get 1 knucklehead a week on youtube doing vile things and only an ingnorant fool would think that is normal

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
While I get your point, it complacency like this that is leading to the elimination of our rights.

I would have politely declined his requests until he had a better reason to search me. A cop does not have the right to put his hands on you, just because you 'fit a description'.

I can't beleive how many stars you got for this stupid responce.

Surely you would be very happy to help the cops catch an armed robber by allowing him to quickly eliminate you from the enquiry? This way other cops (As demonstrated) will not waste there time looking at you when they should be out looking for the real criminal.

It is good to see polite police working with a polite citizen to acheive a common goal - to remove a criminal from the streets.

Your stance would have hindered his work, wasted his time, and caused you inconvenience. How stupid is that?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I will then disregard everything you have to say, from now on. You have proven yourself as part of the enemy to the people..........

On the off chance your remotely intrested, this is where I stopped reading.

When you decide to rejoin the debate and want to understand how your rights work, let us know and we will answer your questions. If you want to continue your argument that is based on lack of knowledge, thats your problem.

oink oink thats the sounds of the police.... lol to funny man.. Typical response form a person who doesnt understand how the law works, let alone your own rights. Ignorance like yours is why you perceive rights are being violated.
edit on 28-5-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

I will then disregard everything you have to say, from now on. You have proven yourself as part of the enemy to the people..........

On the off chance your remotely intrested, this is where I stopped reading.

When you decide to rejoin the debate and want to understand how your rights work, let us know and we will answer your questions. If you want to continue your argument that is based on lack of knowledge, thats your problem.

oink oink thats the sounds of the police.... lol to funny man.. Typical response form a person who doesnt understand how the law works, let alone your own rights. Ignorance like yours is why you perceive rights are being violated.
edit on 28-5-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

I have left this thread because it has quickly devolved into pointless namecalling and tripe, but for the record, if it were up to cops, such as yourself, do decide what our rights are and what they are not, A)We would have none; and B)There would be no need for trials.

Thanks for playing though.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join