It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ZOMG!!! got stopped by a cop just now, anomalous behavior on officers part

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
went out for a bit and was on my way back just minding my own business,

when i consciously register the tail end of an exchange between a cop on a bike and a dispatcher from a police radio nearby.

*** translated from the spanish

cop:"does the suspect have long hair?" ***
BREOOPP!!

dispatch "affirmative"
BREOOPP!!

approaching an individual who matches description at [gives st. address]
BREOOPP!!

10-4 copy
BREOOPP!!

he gets off the bike and puts his hand on the holster

excuse me sir!

yes ?

would you mind taking your hands out of your pockets?

sure officer, could you reciprocate by taking your hand off that gun?

would you mind placing your hands on that wall there sir?

why?

we're on the alert for a suspect whose description matches yours, this will be over quickly either way,sir

so i "assume the position" my Wyrrd isn't acting up and i'm not even feeling nervous so...

sure , no problem, though i have to advise you that i don't have any ID on me at the moment.

i get a quick pat-down [non tsa-version] while i refer to my Semitic appearance which is referred to in local spanish as "arabe"

oh no sir! it's nothing like that at all. [turns out it's a case of armed robbery.
would you mind removing what ever that is in your pocket sir?

it's just a leather pouch with 4 flash drives which i show explaining that i repair computers.
oh may i have your name sir?

i give him my legal/given by parents name [ the one with the squeaky clean record]

thank you sir and makes to leave...

and halfway there turns around [Colombo came to mind] and returns
holds out his hand and introduces him self
have a nice day sir.

and then gives a full description of my appearance and clothes so i won't be stopped again!
BREOOPP!!
copy that
BREOOPP!!

and rides off

2 minutes later a patrol car slows down as it passes by and a police woman stairs at me makes a dismisive gesture to the driver and they speed off

2 police helicopters are flying around the neighborhood by now.

i kinda feel sorry for officer Bumper*, he won't last long with that attitude.

if you came here for a session of bash the cops
Sorry my friends.

this is more for the "Defenders of the Indefensible" who are always Bitching' about no good cop threads
and as an example of proper police work for them to follow [yeah how likely is that]

well then here you go.

BREOOPP!!
BREOOPP!!

* name changed to protect the innocent

edit on 27-5-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit

edit on 27-5-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional clarification

edit on 27-5-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional clarification

+24 more 
posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
While I get your point, it complacency like this that is leading to the elimination of our rights.

I would have politely declined his requests until he had a better reason to search me. A cop does not have the right to put his hands on you, just because you 'fit a description'.

+5 more 
posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Definitely anomalous behavior, he didn't taze and beat you, then ask questions later.

Seriously though, long hair is the description.... That totally narrows it down eh? Whoever gave that description was observant as hell, a regular sherlock I tell ya.
edit on Fri, 27 May 2011 12:48:54 -0500 by TKDRL because: spelling error...

+1 more 
link   
Nice read. I'm glad you had a pleasant experience.

I don't take a pro- or anti-cop stance. Each one is an individual and will treat other people based on who they are as people. Some people are respectful and nice. Others are wads. Same with cops.

link   

Thanks for this. So often anymore we tend to only get word of the negative encounters, but it does us well to remember there are actually a lot of good average people wearing the shield and doing what they can to help us.

Now if they could just weed the others out of their midst and completely become public servants once again.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I think your impression of a squad car or motorcyle's sound effect going "Breoop" is one of the best I've ever heard. (Or imagined)

Keep up the good work and you'll be as good as MIke Winslow from "The Police Academy" films in no tme.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

not complacency i assure you i have over 25 yrs with dealing with Psycho-cops both here in PR and in my hometown NYC.

this guy didn't trigger my Wyrrd and thus left with no nasty and disturbing stuff in his head as is usual in my case

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

What is a Wyrrd? I'm old and don't know such things...

edit on 5/27/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Sadly I agree. And what if the OP had not been so darn cooperative...who knows. Seems to go down like this alot. But when or if you give even the slightest questions they just turn into a**holes.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

lol:

i actually was famous for that in Jr high

especially video game sounds.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Here's Mike in a Poker Tournement in Vienna.

www.youtube.com...

He's pretty popular in Europe.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I like this story. I do things that are deemed illegal, which I feel are ridiculous laws put in place to stress power. On one hand I feel "im not doing anything wrong therefore i can smoke my pot" the law feels otherwise. Point is is that these guys have a job to fulfill. Ive been pulled over about 10 times and I have received ONE ticket. And it was for a seatbelt. We always say cops abuse there power but on the other hand we find it hard to say we citizens abuse our power. Yes freedom Yes freewill but where is the line drawn? Cops gotta do there job jsut as we have to fulfill ours. I am not saying hey lets give cops unlimited power but I mean reall....if they feel I match a description let them do there job and count me out as a NON-Suspect. There is NOTHING wrong with that. People like to put up a fight just because they can, because they know a little about the law. but the truth is is that if you have NOTHING to worry about let the man/woman do their job and carry on...

P.S. I have been caught with Marijuana a bunch of times (although its practically legal) I found honesty and cooperation are the best way to get out of trouble.

Good story OP! S&F

+4 more 
posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
A cop does not have the right to put his hands on you, just because you 'fit a description'.

Yes, yes he does. If an armed robbery just occured in the area and a description was given, and then a cop sees you nearby, and you fit the description, he can and should treat you as though you might have done it. If they couldn't act on matching descriptions at the time and in the location of the crime, how would they catch anyone?

It sounds like the cop was pretty cool about it. If it had been you in the OPs position, and you had resisted, it would have ended worse for everyone. (Except that you'd likely have a frontpage thread bashing cops for excessive force...)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
While I get your point, it complacency like this that is leading to the elimination of our rights.

I would have politely declined his requests until he had a better reason to search me. A cop does not have the right to put his hands on you, just because you 'fit a description'.

How else do they catch the guy? Seriously, armed robbery, he matches the description and they just walk on by? What would your reaction be if he *was* the guy and he got away with it? More cop bashing, thats what.

Cant win with some people

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Were you wearing clothes?

How did he see your long pubis hair? Was the robber naked too? Very odd stuff going down in your location.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OnceReturned

Not really... Had the description, been a bit more descriptive, maybe.... Long hair, that's pretty bad. If they had some clothes color that matched along with the long hair, that I could see.

If the description was, dude was black, does that mean they can stop and pat down all black dudes? No.
edit on Fri, 27 May 2011 13:07:10 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

just a bit of Olde Anglish as it were

refers to shadowy aura/protective force that has manifested since childhood when I'm in danger and makes me say/do weird things though it has been known to get proactive and act independently in those cases i experience paralysis and on one occasion went blind for a few minutes when my sight came back the cops were driving off like the devil was after them, subject for a whole 'nother thread thou

think of it as a proactive spidey sense on steroids
Venom style

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I fail to see how this proved anything.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Point well taken

Often hardcore CT's get caught up in the enveloping Police State that IS most certainly threatening us....

Especially with the financial terrorism committed against Texas yesterday & the renewing of the Patriot Act last night:

Local law enforcement is going to be very, very important to our survival if things continue to deteriorate.... And there are a lot of good freedom loving Police that we WILL need on our side!!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I live in a tourist town.. Big weekend coming up.. One of my kids just started working at a resort for the summer.

First day of training they had the local police department come in for a "chat."

He let's them know they are staffed to the MAX..and just hanging out waiting for the DWI(drinking and driving) checkpoints to get set up,so if they see ANYONE that looks suspicious,call them immediatly because until they set up the checkpoints..they're BORED.

I thought that was a little extreme. Telling my kid to call them because they're bored until they set up the checkpoint?

Oh, I MEANT if they see suspicious activity. Yeah, we got a lot of those types camping all the time.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join