It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unchecked authority

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The phrase may detain Belligerent is concerning as in the definition.

"A non-belligerent may nevertheless risk being considered a belligerent if it aids or supports a belligerent in a way proscribed by neutral countries."

Although at the end of the day if there are no checks and balances then there is no point to law as the law is being crafted in such a way as If I say your a bad guy your a bad guy and you have no way to defend your actions because I have the bigger stick.
Its very uncivilized and back to the days of Kings law. If the king says it is so then it is so.

I consider checks and balances necessary to stop terrorists taking control of the peoples government. I am not saying this government is controlled but I study history and those who ignore the lessons of history are doomed to repeat it.

Solution for a country which is drowning in debt who cannot help its own citizens in the middle of natural disasters because it is securing archaic energy resources overseas.

A referendum to consider ways that the people can all have a voice in the countries decisions. If electronic voting can be securely rolled out then let the people vote on budgets. Let the people vote on security laws. Make it that a certain percentage of citizens must vote monthly on important issues and let all citizens table ideas for voting. Like Jury duty. Let them be compensated for their time with tax breaks.

A system that is controlled by two parties who do not differ in the end result is not really choice. There is no society evolution here but atrophy and limitation to those holding the purse strings. I am not talking communism I am talking about an evolved form of democracy using the technology that is freely available today. This can be done.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Very interesting times ahead I'm sure.
Let's see where this takes us to.
They got some at Ruby Ridge.
They got several from Waco.
But the people are a lot more educted and prepared than we were 20 years or so ago.
Poke the hive too many times and there will be a swarm, but I'm sure they knew this already.
Interesting times indeed.

edit on 26-5-2011 by g146541 because: bad spellar

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

You sir are absolutely ,,100% correct ,, and i quote if i may "Its very uncivilized and back to the days of Kings law".
Bravo,,, well understood,,
We just haven't got the right KING yet

(Last time they tried that,, they shot him,, not the driver,,duh,, the guy sitting , beside the driver,,--> slow Limo,,swivle turn,, from sitting position,, use drivers shoulder for support,, fire,, turn back towards car windshield, with gun drawn,, look for hostiles,,,Jackie , bolts towards trunk of car thinking she's next,,
edit on 26-5-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2011 by BobAthome because: Camalot

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Actually Posse Commitatus prevents the military from being used against civilians. It also protects the states from being invaded by the federal government by laying out the requirements for use of military against a state.

That was the intent of the Posse Comitatus Act; however, Homeland Security seems to have taken a different view of the matter:

The Myth of Posse Comitatus (by) Major Craig T. Trebilcock, U.S. Army Reserve

Link: www.homelandsecurity.org...

And other:

The Posse Comitatus Act and Homeland Security (by) John R. Brinkerhoff

Link: www.homelandsecurity.org...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
There America goes one more goosestep on the way to becoming the new Nazis.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I have been paying attention, and you are still wrong. State guard units are exempt from posses commitatus because they answer directly to the State Govenor and adjutant General of the state.

Do I really have to spell this out for you? HERE:

The President today signed an Executive Order establishing a Council of Governors to strengthen further the partnership between the Federal Government and State Governments to protect our Nation against all types of hazards. When appointed, the Council will be reviewing such matters as involving the National Guard of the various States; homeland defence; civil support; synchronization and integration of State and Federal military activities in the United States; and other matters of mutual interest pertaining to National Guard, homeland defence, and civil support activities
-January 11, 2010 (emphasis mine)
Link

Full exectutive order

Do a dam search and you would of found this thread

Xcathdra, this is about the 6th or 7th time I have seen you spreading mis-information. I constantly correct you, and yet you never thank me and just argue. I have my suspicions about you and others do as well. Tread carefully

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

""You cannot have a war on terror. Terrorism is a tactic. It would be like Napoleon declaring a war on flanking" -Self quote "

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Guess that's why Black water was created
en.wikipedia.org...
That being said, your military has been caught out quite a few times recently involving themselves in domestic issues e.g seat belt checks. You can find these articles yourself though. That's if you are interested in the truth.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

Joplin has been declared a local disaster, a state disaster, and the PResident declared it a FEderal Disaster, which is why FEMA is on the ground and federal funding has opened up for resources.

State Guard units are oin the ground in Joplin, along with law enforcement from 4 different states now.

A curfew exists for areeas that are within the zone of destruction, and only in those zones to rpevent looting. People who are in the zones who live there are exempt and dont have to leave the area.

There is no confiscation of any weapons, no infringement on civil rights, no arrest without PC...

No one is being hearded into a FEMA train and sent to a make believe FEMA camp... and FEMA is not down here killing people off.

again... paranoia...
edit on 26-5-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SeesFar

Nothing has changed with POosse Commitatus - period. It was even discussed during hurricane Katrina.

It prevents fedral military unoits from engaging in civilian law enforcement. State Guard units are exempt since they answer directly to the Govenor of the State, or in other words their commander in chief.

The US Supreme Court has been very specific when suspending it comes up, with the last time being used during the civil war. State units were federalized during the civil rights movement to enforce the Supreme Court ruling of desegregation.

Posses Commitatus was not suspended during Katrina. There was a duel command in place, and federal units were not used for law enforcement functions.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Well for starters I am not spreading disinfo. Second, dont threaten me. Third, knock of the parnoid BS with the insinuation I am somehow a disinfo agent or some other parnoid nonsensical BS you come up with.

I dont thank you because when you correct me, you are wrong. When you get something right, I will thank you at that point.

If there is going to be some major takeover, why would the Federal Government, or as the tinfoils say "TPTB" include the State Governments in this ruse? You guys see conspiracies when none exist....

This is right up there with the FEMA Camp BS. While your at it, please research exactly what an Executive Order is, who it affects and how its enforced before citing them and including it in a conspiracy.

And yes, when I see people posting misleading or wrong information, I will argue. I deal with this BS on a daily basis, and 99% of the crap you guys come up with is non existant, or taken so far out of context its not even on the same planet.

seek help, or meds... your choice.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I wonder what these dumb s.o.b.'s would do if we all packed up and left this screwed up country? If about 50% of people that were decent people packed up and moved to another country, leave them with the derelicts and scum, I wonder how happy they would be then.? They would need 3 or 4 patriot acts then to keep these people off their A$$'s....It would be something to see.....I have often though that if I were to win the Mega-Million Lottery for say 895,000.000.00 Million dollars and took all the people this money could afford to take out of this country and set them up somewhere else. I would love to see the effect here on TPTB...It wouldn't take but about 50 us us winning this lottery to break TPTB's hold here....

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Ah yes.. "TPTB"

Please, who are The Powers That Be? Where are they? How do they choose people? Where do they get funding from?

If they are all powerful, and all controlling, why is it a small segment of thempopulation thinks they are real?

Where di you hear about them from? How do you knwo they are real?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

bilderberg2011.com...

www.google.com.au...=rothschilds&hl=en&prmd=ivns&tbs=tl:1&tbo=u&ei=BA3fTaK_I4K-sQPkxYytBw&sa=X&oi=timeline_result&ct=title&resnum=15&ved=0CH8Q5 wIwDg&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=2599316b8eeef86a&biw=1280&bih=881

WHAMMO!!! POP!!

Why is it that you are a member of ATS?? just wondering

edit on 26-5-2011 by chooselove because: extra thought

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Joplin has been declared a local disaster, a state disaster, and the PResident declared it a FEderal Disaster, which is why FEMA is on the ground and federal funding has opened up for resources.

State Guard units are oin the ground in Joplin, along with law enforcement from 4 different states now.

A curfew exists for areeas that are within the zone of destruction, and only in those zones to rpevent looting. People who are in the zones who live there are exempt and dont have to leave the area.

There is no confiscation of any weapons, no infringement on civil rights, no arrest without PC...

No one is being hearded into a FEMA train and sent to a make believe FEMA camp... and FEMA is not down here killing people off.

again... paranoia...

I appreciate your effort - if Fema is there then I was mistaken - however I take everything else you say with a grain of salt and read what everyone else is saying - since they seem to be debunking you like crazy, and I'm too stupid politically to know for sure - all I do know for sure is that something is not right with any of it, and will continue my attempts to understand.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Well for starters I am not spreading disinfo. Second, dont threaten me. Third, knock of the parnoid BS with the insinuation I am somehow a disinfo agent or some other parnoid nonsensical BS you come up with.

Number one, I never said anything about disinfo. I said mis-information, there is a big difference. mis-information implies that you did not do it on purpose, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. But thanks for being defensive about something I didn't say.....and I think that says something about you as well. Second, threaten you? by telling you more than one person has noticed your constant "defend the establishment" stance? Thats just the truth my friend, there is not need to be combative. How can anyone be threatened on an anonymous message board?

If there is going to be some major takeover, why would the Federal Government, or as the tinfoils say "TPTB" include the State Governments in this ruse? You guys see conspiracies when none exist....

It's not a conspiracy smart guy, did you even read the link? THIS IS EXECUTIVE ORDER 13528 signed by Barack Obama on January 11, 2011, and posted here on whitehouse.gov

Sec. 2. Functions. The Council shall meet at the call of the Secretary of Defense or the Co-Chairs of the Council to exchange views, information, or advice with the Secretary of Defense; the Secretary of Homeland Security; the Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism; the Assistant to the President for Intergovernmental Affairs and Public Engagement; the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Homeland Defense and Americas' Security Affairs; the Commander,United States Northern Command; the Chief, National Guard Bureau; the Commandant of the Coast Guard; and other appropriate officials of the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Defense, and appropriate officials of other executive departments or agencies as may be designated by the Secretary of Defense or the Secretary of Homeland Security.Such views, information, or advice shall concern:
(a)
matters involving the National Guard of the various States;
(b)
homeland defense;
(c)
civil support;
more
(OVER)
(d)
synchronization and integration of State and Federal military activities in the United States; and
(e)
other matters of mutual interest pertaining to National Guard, homeland defense, and civil support activities.

Try this on for size:

What is correct is that new rules are needed to clearly set forth the boundaries for the use of federal military forces for homeland security. The Posse Comitatus Act is inappropriate for modern times and needs to be replaced by a completely new law.

www.homelandsecurity.org...

If you think a white house directive and journal of a ranking member of homeland security is conpiracy, I think it is you that needs the meds.

I deal with this BS on a daily basis, and 99% of the crap you guys come up with is non existant, or taken so far out of context its not even on the same planet.

Us guys? you are here too are you not? or do you think of yourself as different from "us guys"? This is most telling as well.............

Please, who are The Powers That Be? Where are they? How do they choose people? Where do they get funding from?

There is an entire forum called "The New World Order" That can answer all of your questions and more. go educate yourself, dont wait to be spoon fed like a spoiled child, especially not on some one elses thread.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by chooselove

Guess that's why Black water was created
en.wikipedia.org...
That being said, your military has been caught out quite a few times recently involving themselves in domestic issues e.g seat belt checks. You can find these articles yourself though. That's if you are interested in the truth.

Posses Commitatus prevents Federal Military from engaging in civilian law enforcement functions. It does not prevent the State from using state military guard units.

Secondly, please provide me with some sources. When I searched I found nothing but traiungin excersises that were in conjunction with local law enforcement, approved by civilian government as well as the citizens fo the city, and any citizen who did not want to participate in it, did not have to.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Beleive who you want.. thats your issue. I am giving you a different side of the story that people ignore because it undermines there "the government is evil" argument.

And kindly show me where anything I said has been debunked.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

and as I said in my response smart boy, learn what an executive order is, who it effects, and how its enforced. When you are done with that, kindly puruse the Constitution for the other half of the answer to the question - then who passes laws if the EO is not a law....

Yes, you accused me of being a disinfo agent by insinuating my information is incorrect and that I knowingly give bad info.

None of my info is incorrect. Kindly show me what I have stated in this thread that is wrong.

Also, I know about the supposed NWO that the tinfoils claim is behind every decision on the planet. However, as you pointed out, the NWO has its own forum, under conspiracies. This is the breaking alternative news forum, which means its not conspiracy driven, but based in fact and is verifiable. The problem you are having with this is the verification part doesnt support what you are trying to say.

An EO is not law.

learn what an EO is, who it affects, how it works etc etc etc...
edit on 27-5-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaberTruth
I said it before the last (alleged) election: if Obama is chosen, it will be the last election, because he wants to be the first King of the North American Union. The czars, the bullying of states and private companies, the treatment of US citizens as the terrorists... it's 1984 all over again.

yep but its never been done this well before how many wars are you fighting really think its just the onew they admit too? How about the war on you? crazy you pay for the TSA to feel you up and for FEMA to set up massive concentration camps for dissenters when they go all out tits up.

The world is tiered of the empire its greedy and bloodthirsty and only wreaks destruction.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join