It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unchecked authority

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Caji316

Ah yes.. "TPTB"

Please, who are The Powers That Be? Where are they? How do they choose people? Where do they get funding from?

If they are all powerful, and all controlling, why is it a small segment of thempopulation thinks they are real?

Where di you hear about them from? How do you knwo they are real?

hmmm naming names never done that...

Notable ICG Board Members: George Soros Kenneth Adelman Samuel Berger Wesley Clark Mohamed ElBaradei Carla Hills Notable ICG Advisers: Richard Armitage Zbigniew Brzezinski Stanley Fischer Shimon Peres Surin Pitsuwan Fidel V. Ramos Notable ICG Foundation & Corporate Supporters: Carnegie Corporation of New York Hunt Alternatives Fund Open Society Institute Rockefeller Brothers Fund Morgan Stanley Deutsche Bank Group Soros Fund Management LLC McKinsey & Company Chevron Shell
blacklistednews.com...

this stuff is getting more mainstream every day Scared TPTB your naked for the world to see. So whats you waiting for? Time to get some balls and :resist:

maybe I ought to repost that one here sometime....
edit on 27-5-2011 by UcDat because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2011 by UcDat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

lol... thanks for the effort.

One of many groups people name as being TPTB.

I think if we had a comprehensive list, it would contain the name of every single man woman and child on the planet.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Obama and his cronies are putting it together a piece at a time.Websites like this will be gone under some sort of anti propaganda legislation.He's already started with his "Truth policy". This is getting beyond scary to the thinking person. He is plainly insane and wants to be ruler,not president. If he is voted back into office, this country is done. The frightening part is, most of the population doesn't know what he's up to and may be taken in yet again by his charm. We are in deep #$%^

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I think if we had a comprehensive list, it would contain the name of every single man woman and child on the planet.

I hope you mouthwash after spewing all your hot crap.

This is what I mean: Are you really arguing that the NWO (institution that want a one world government) does not exist? Groups such as the trialteral commission and Council of foreign relations have openly came out and said that they want a one world government. But once again, instead of doing your own research, you just wallow in your ignorance and argue

A sign of an idiot or dis-info, my guess is both.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a man with a rifle behind every blade of grass." Admiral Yamamoto

Some of us have several.

/TOA

My question to you sir, and everyone else in this thread who call themselves Patriots, who amongst you is ready for the day this happens? Who amongst you is man enough -- FEARLESS ENOUGH -- to stand up and defend this great nation? WHO AMONGST YOU IS READY TO TAKE BACK YOUR COUNTRY?

I am ready to DIE FOR MY COUNTRY AND MY CHILDREN's FUTURE FREEDOM! WHO AMONGST YOU ARE READY FOR THE SAME???

There is no doubt what is happening here. We are losing our freedoms, day by day, minute by minute. This corrupt government -- and I MEAN ALL OF THEM -- DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS -- all are corrupt. EVERY DAMN ONE OF THEM!

How many senators do you think we would have if the salary were cut to an average middle class income?

How many representatives would we have if their lavish lifestyles were restricted and lobbyists were forbidden?

HOW MANY ? ITS THE MONEY!

How long do you think America will survive with the current trend we are on?

How long will the dollar survive before it is worth the text on this thread?

This is the beginning of the end, and brave men AND women are going to have to make a choice soon.

WHAT WILL YOUR CHOICE BE? FIGHT? COWER?

In five years, this message would cost me my freedom. I wont be able to write this in a public forum. This type of speech will be outlawed and criminalized!

So I say it today -- DEFEND FREEDOM! We are the last free land on this planet!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
Obama and his cronies are putting it together a piece at a time.Websites like this will be gone under some sort of anti propaganda legislation.He's already started with his "Truth policy". This is getting beyond scary to the thinking person. He is plainly insane and wants to be ruler,not president. If he is voted back into office, this country is done. The frightening part is, most of the population doesn't know what he's up to and may be taken in yet again by his charm. We are in deep #$%^

This I can agree with - did you know "THEY" (at the risk of being slaughtered) say that the uprising in Egypt could not have happened without the help of Facebook and Youtube - I have no doubt that the internet had gone beyond the control of any PTB, and that scares the _____ out of them - they'll do and say anything to feel like they're in control of it.

And yes, the frightening part is that too many are "unaware". Not just on this issue but on even the little ones.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Oddly, this discussion seems to have devolved from potentially useful to personally offensive.

I will avoid the distraction to offer some input for some to ignore and others to consider.

There seems a terrible disconnect in play regarding what is and isn't a fundamental change to the nature of governance in this country. I recall the days long gone when such changes in the way the government interfaces with the people would have seemed not only utterly inconceivable, but also akin to embracing what we have been fighting against (even if only in theory) since the establishment of the United States.

These are not esoteric and nebulous concepts. There is no magic that can conceal the nature of the changes, and the continuing (d)evolution of the government 'serving' the society we call America. What makes them so difficult to discuss is not that they are 'complex,' nor that they rely on 'special' or 'secret' knowledge to understand. The difficulty rests in the obfuscation of concepts and the fact that we can hardly examine one aspect without several others being tossed into the mix and blurred together.

Some of you feel inclined to accuse others about the confusion and misunderstanding, others seem compelled to ridicule and patronize to posture yourselves on the moral high ground.

Yet there is no moral high ground here. This is not about anything less than social-engineering and how we struggle to accommodate changes within our 'order' of things. Some of these changes are unwelcome, some are repugnant, some are inevitable, and some are simply impracticable.

Once the greasy ooze of ideology and partisanship seep into the discussion stereotypical sophistic form invades the discussion guaranteeing failure to achieve any understanding that isn't founded upon one or another form of bias.

Restore the debate. Discuss the topic, disagree when necessary, but add no element to the disagreement that wasn't there. And when facts are in play, remember that without common principles to guide the discussion, your wasting time.
edit on 27-5-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Beware the fusion centers...they are like 1930s Germany

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a man with a rifle behind every blade of grass." Admiral Yamamoto

Some of us have several.

/TOA

...and LOTS of ammunition.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

reply to post by SeesFar

Nothing has changed with POosse Commitatus - period. It was even discussed during hurricane Katrina.

It prevents fedral military unoits from engaging in civilian law enforcement. State Guard units are exempt since they answer directly to the Govenor of the State, or in other words their commander in chief.

The US Supreme Court has been very specific when suspending it comes up, with the last time being used during the civil war. State units were federalized during the civil rights movement to enforce the Supreme Court ruling of desegregation.

Posses Commitatus was not suspended during Katrina. There was a duel command in place, and federal units were not used for law enforcement functions.

Did you even bother to read the information provided in the links i supplied? From the first link:

www.homelandsecurity.org...

The Posse Comitatus Act has traditionally been viewed as a major barrier to the use of U.S. military forces in planning for homeland defense.[1] In fact, many in uniform believe that the act precludes the use of U.S. military assets in domestic security operations in any but the most extraordinary situations. As is often the case, reality bears little resemblance to the myth for homeland defense planners. Through a gradual erosion of the act’s prohibitions over the past 20 years, posse comitatus today is more of a procedural formality than an actual impediment to the use of U.S. military forces in homeland defense.

Or any of the second link i provided ( www.homelandsecurity.org... ), such as:

The Posse Comitatus Act is often cited as a major constraint on the use of the military services to participate in homeland security, counterterrorism, civil disturbances, and similar domestic duties. It is widely believed that this law prohibits the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps from performing any kind of police work or assisting law enforcement agencies to enforce the law. This belief, however, is not exactly correct. What is correct is that new rules are needed to clearly set forth the boundaries for the use of federal military forces for homeland security. The Posse Comitatus Act is inappropriate for modern times and needs to be replaced by a completely new law.

Both are on the homelandsecurity,org website. So, how is it that you feel so certain that 'nothing has changed' with the Act?
edit on 27-5-2011 by SeesFar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SeesFar

By the simple fact that its still illegal for FEderal Military units to engage in civilian law enforcement. Even though the info you cite calls for a change in that, the change has not occured, and posses commitatus is still in place.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SeesFar

Just stop trying, explaining the truth to him is like bashing your head into a brick wall. The only way he will get it is when it actually happens.

Everyone that is here knows as soon as a national emergency (state of emergency) is declared federal forces have free reign on all U.S. territory. We have shown irrefutable evidence of this yet he continues to argue the opposite.

This leads to only two logical conclusions, and I am pretty sure he does not have a learning disability...get my drift?

So lets move on, and keep this conversation in mind when you come across this individual in the future

-Skerrako

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

reply to post by ModernAcademia

Actually Posse Commitatus prevents the military from being used against civilians. It also protects the states from being invaded by the federal government by laying out the requirements for use of military against a state.

Defense spending authorization has no geographic boundaries because we have bases all over the world (which ould use some toning down in my opinion).

It does not prevent it..................It makes it illegal, but thats never stopped TPTB before.

Kent State ring any bells................1967 Detroit riots ring any other bells??

You post this nonsense constantly, if you really BELIEVE that just because its against the law it won't happen, then why are you employed in law enforcement?? If, theres a law against it, then nobody will do it, so, why do we need any LEO??

Parker
edit on 27-5-2011 by ParkerCramer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ParkerCramer

Riiight... again you need to learn your history before invoking it..

Kent State incident occured with Ohio National Guard units, not a violation of Posse Commitatus.

The 1967 Detroit riots involved Michigan National Guard Units, not a violation of Posse Commitatus.

Try again... and maybe this time if you are going to use an example from history you wont try to spin it as something its not in an effort to mislead and support your incorrect argument.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join