It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Uninvited: The Coombs Family UFO experiences

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Yes! I knew there was a hoax with the spaceman, some kid had admitted to it, but I didn't realise it was in Wales. I thought it was in the south somewhere :/

Should've put 2 + 2 together on that one if it was.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Not to rain on your thunder here but there is an even better account of alien visitation found here :
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Granted there is no book and no "professional UFO investigators" have become part of this amazing recount by the woman in the story, but if the truth be know it is one of the most solid pieces of evidence I have ever seen.

As for the family in the story here in this thread, sounds as if they went through hell on earth and that is what sells, people do not want to think about this in any other way than that it is a direct threat to themselves and imho that is far more dangerous as what you put out could be what you get back from certain visitors...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yeah, thats a fair enough and it seems like an interesting story in itself, but the reason this was posted was because people asked for it to be after we talked about it on the radio show.

I don't think there's a competition in who's experience is better or anything like that, but this is another overlooked case that more people should consider when speaking of UFO experiences. Wales had it's own speight of them, and a lot of people don't remember this, so I'm putting the UK stuff out there.

Not saying that it's all true or anything, I have no idea personally; and it's just been pointed out that someone admitted to hoaxing some of it. But they came across as pretty shook up by the experiences, and if it was the truth then people like to read about it.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

Good deal, just think that over the years it gets to be pretty exhaustive to see a certain type of story take the lead when choosing which ones to bring forward. In life there is always a balance and the closer people get to disclosure the further they find themselves from the truth imo.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I remember reading the book The Uninvited years ago. The only thing I remember now about it was Stack Rocks or something off the shoreline where some sightings where reported.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Well I mentionedd this, and Nef the 'British Roswell; which I'm sure there'll be threads on somewhere. There aren't a great deal of reports in the UK, and the ones that are reported don't get that much attention in the grand scheme of things. Plus, I mean, all UFO and alien reports end to be pretty similar anyway

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

Yeah, that's where they reported seeing 'figures' coming out of a door in the rocks after they had followed a spaceship along to the beach or something.

I should really read it again. I just skim-read it to write this.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
I thought that some people had admitted to hoaxing the 'Silver Spacemen'

The fact that inquiries led the RAF Police to suspect a hoaxer may have been responsible for some of the Welsh UFOs fits with a strong local rumour which persists to this day. Hilary Evans, who debunked some of the more exaggerated stories in an article published in 1982, heard that two members of a round table club were responsible for the sightings of “spacemen” at the Haven Fort Hotel and Ripperston Farm. They came up with the idea after borrowing silver-lined asbestos suits worn by local oil refinery workers for a fancy dress evening in Broad Haven shortly after the children’s sighting.

In 1996 BBC presenter Ray Gosling tracked down one of the jokers for a Radio 4 documentary on the West Wales flap. Shortly afterwards Glyn Edwards, a member of Milford Haven’s Round Table confessed his part to the Western Mail. He described the spaceman outfit as having: “… a solid in-built helmet so I would have looked about 7ft tall. Alien sightings were all the rage, so I took a stroll around for a bit of fun. I remember when I visited the garden of a certain lady, who later called the police, that I had to dive into a hedge because she appeared to be aiming a rifle or a shotgun at me.”

www.uk-ufo.org...

+

Many years later two members of a round table club in the area came forward and confessed their part in a practical joke that had gotten out of hand. Apparently they had been parading around in borrowed silver-lined asbestos suits worn by oil refinery workers which had built-in helmets and made them look 7ft tall.

babylonwales

+

Fast-forward to 10:20

+

Looking out of her window, she described seeing an object which looked like an "upside-down saucer" in the field next to the hotel and two 'faceless humanoid' creatures with pointed heads.

Speaking to BBC Wales' news website, Mrs Granville recalled the object: "It was a bit like an upside-down saucer - it looked like a jelly to start with."

"There was so much heat - I was by the window - my face felt burned.

"There was light coming from it and flames of all colours. Then [the creatures] came out of these flames, that's what I don't understand.

"I shouted 'Hello, what are you doing there' - they looked faceless. I couldn't see their features."

She said she went to find other people in the hotel to show them, but that when she returned to the window a few minutes later, the objects and the men had gone.

When she visited the site of the alleged landing in the morning, she added there were "two inches of burned ground there".

BBC

Now we could categorically say that the silver suited 'beings' were purely the work of the hoaxer Glyn Edwards and his associates. However in the above documentary (after the timing) he said that he wasn't reponsible for one incident. which was of the alleged sighting at Ripperston Farm. But if we look at the quote from the babylonwales blog, it's noted that two individuals wore the suits. Even though the documentary gives the impression that Mr Edwards was the sole suit wearer. In addition, Rosa Granville the hotel proprietor who alleged to have seen two humanoid figures and an object; said she saw a bright light emanating from the object with the figures having emerged from flames. And that she could feel intense heat on her face, as if her face was burning. Now if she isn't exaggerating, lying or mis-remembering - could the hoaxers have staged an elaborate lights and pyrotechnics show like that? There is a similarity as she described them as having "pointed heads" that were "faceless". As far as I know, she didn't report them to be wearing silver suits or something similar. As for the Coombs family sighting at Ripperston, have they ever admitted to fabricating that sighting? Even though the police officer who attened their emergency call said they were visibly terrified. I don't know what quite to make of it. Common sense would dictate that all of the 'humanoid' sightings were down to the hoaxers wearing suits. But then there's the school children who were adamant about their sighting. And there's something about Mrs Granville's account which makes me think she wasn't subject to a hoax. Which is something she's adamant about. Perhaps it's a case of something genuinely unusual happening that unfortunately happened amidst some hoaxing?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I knew the Author Clive Harold very well and spoke to him several times about this book. He was a lovely honest man who had worked in Fleet Street (And played a part in the Film as a journo in Grand Prix 1966) and had become alcoholic and lost everything. I worked with Clive when I worked at The Big Issue and supported him for many years back in 1999. He went to school with Prince Charles and one time when he was at St Pats Hostel Charles paid a visit. He had told us many times he knew Charles and when he met the Hostel residents from the back of the group Clive shouted 'Oih Big Ears' to our aghast Charles turned round and said 'Clive! How are you, what happened!'. The Newspapers got hold of the story and unfortunately Clive was paid a lot of money for his story which only added to his demise. He died in 2002 a sad loss to the world. All I can say about the book is it was a very good read, in fact very readable which I read before we met. He said it was one of the most interesting times of his life and to my mind it is a true journal of his time spent with the family.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: duggy

did clive die mysteriously? just found this thread

top topics

<< 1   >>

join