It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Uninvited: The Coombs Family UFO experiences

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
We were talking about Welsh UFOs on Euro last night and Mblah asked whether or not there was a thread on the Coombs family, and their UFO encounters. Well, I’ve used the special new search feature and I can’t actually find anything on it, so I apologise if I’ve stolen your thread or anything, but I did check.

So there’s a book out there called The Uninvited, written by a guy called Clive Harold who interviewed the Coombs family about their experiences to do with UFOs and wrote it up far better than I could ever manage to in 1979. But I'll do my best to try.

It was 1977, in South Wales, and they were working on a farm; the woman, Pauline, saw a bright ball of light hovering in the sky, floating back and forwards, which then sped off. She thought it might be a flare, so woke her husband who went to look for it and found nothing.

After this, her and her children saw a bright light in the sky while driving home, which ‘chased’ their car and ‘followed’ them home. The husband, Billy, saw it too that night when it was outside of their house, and soon their TVs started burning out and car started breaking down.

The lights started increasing in frequency around their house, scared their dog so much that it turned aggressive and had to be put to sleep and eventually caused one o their children to move in with their grandparents. After seeing what was described as a 7ft figure in a silver suit at the window, they phoned the police – who said they had been receiving lots of reports at the time of UFOs – and considered moving out of their house. The morning after the figure, they found footprints and the rose bed was scorched.

The family continued seeing ‘silver disks’, lights in the sky and even figures emerging out of ‘a door’ in some rock formation in the middle of the sea. Their cattle was transported more than once from one field to another, from inside a barn to the fields, and I may be wrong, but I think a couple may have died at one point. There was also at least one incident of scorchmarks in the field, like a crop circle ‘at least 50 ft in diameter’.

One of their girls, sleeping in the mothers bed because of the fear, claims she saw a hand coming through the window and floating towards Pauline which then touched her on the arm, and the next morning Pauline’s arm had swollen and she could barely move it. Her eyes were also swollen and irritated much like an allergic reaction.
Their twin girls also got rashes after playing down by where the sightings occurred which they swear burned more than heat or grass rash, and one of the twins moved away soon after.

Their eldest son Clinton also claimed to have seen men outside the house that came in a ‘huge, silver car’ who ‘glided, wore dark suits, were tall and thin with slicked-back hair and had abnormally large foreheads’, one of their neighbours also encountered these men. Other members of the community had also been approached.

Another lady, Rosa, who worked in a B&B overlooking the sea had written to her MP and the RAF base nearby, thinking it could be military tests, to see if they could make any sense of it. They were ‘unable to offer any more information’.

The family also encountered ‘hovering black shapes’, more figures and ships and lights before agreeing to speak to a UFO investigator (they had until this point kept out of it fearing ridicule), and the investigators noted the very warm and still climate, the unusual static and the cows being moved from one place to another.

Eventually, Pauline had a ‘dream’ containing a bright light, a domed room, and flashing coloured lights – in a room with five female figures with blue eyes. She believed this to be an illusion, and realised that the ‘aliens’ weren’t out to hurt any of them and there was no need for her to worry anymore. After this, everything calmed down and the wildlife returned to the farm. The family only had one more experience of a big, yellow light flashing through the sky – and Pauline explained about her dream (she also apparently had a puncture mark on her arm), and that it was ‘over’.

Now, the author and the family of this book swear that it is a completely true story, but it’s another one of those make up your mind things, like all UFO experiences. I know that my gran completely believes it, but I’m not so sure. I don’t usually post this sort of thing, but I know there was interest, and I haven’t done a very good job as I’ve tried to summarise it the best I can. All I’d say is, if you’re interested in this sort of thing, get the book. Kudos to all of the people involved in writing it, it’s a good story if nothing else.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

Ayana!!

I just saw this pop up and I am leaving for work.
I am adding it to my subscribed threads because I so want to read this! I also want that book now!

S&F!

Thank you!!!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Aww, thanks

I actually just sent you a message with it in on FB LOL!

But the book's pretty interesting, and as far as I'm aware it's pretty cheap second hand.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

That looks like a very interesting book and thanks for the great summary.
I wonder why they were moving the cows around the field though?
Slick black hair??
Looks like a very strange case.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Lmao. I have no idea...

But to be fair, if I could move cows around and mess with peoples heads... I probably would...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Yes it is a very intriguing story! There are aspects of the story similar to other encounters, I can't recall the name but it happened in Western Kentucky. I too now want to read this book, off to Amazon!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by Ayana

Ayana!!

I just saw this pop up and I am leaving for work.
I am adding it to my subscribed threads because I so want to read this! I also want that book now!

S&F!

Thank you!!!

Same here. It sounds like an interesting read.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Yeah, theres a second book too but it's by a different author and it's a completely different story and I haven't gotten around to finishing reading it yet. It's slightly more far-fetched (if this one isn't enough LOL!)

Not a lot of people know about this one, and more people should I think!

Thanks for responding

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
It is a fascinating story, thank you for sharing and you did a great job of relating it.

I'm currently reading Final Events by Nick Redfern and he provides some stories and official reports from early 1960's England that eerily foreshadow the Coombs Family experiences.

In both of the cases Redfern recounts--and your account of the Coombs family as well--there seems to exist a common element that many of our most renown Ufologists have--through the years--left out of the accounts they've investigated: High Strangeness.

For one instance in the Coombs case: The disembodied hand floating in and touching Mrs. Coombs on the arm.

The cows being moved around also stands out a little and sounds more like the type of thing we associate with "poltergeists" than from a civilization from the far reaches of space. Skinwalker Ranch comes to mind here too.

Why so many of our respected Ufologists have failed to report these aspects--some from cases us buffs think we know well--is an interesting study in itself. Glad to see the author of The Uninvited doesn't seem to leave any details out.

I found the following article well-written/researched and a fascinating read. The author relates some little known aspects on cases that most here are familiar with and raises many fine points in the process.

Curiouser and Curiouser: ‘High Strangeness’ UFO Encounters. 
Gareth J. Medway

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Hopkinsville?
Kelly-Hopkinsville Encounter
edit on 5/26/2011 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

i have read the book when it first came out , what intrigued me was the part of the military conducting an investigation around scragg rock ( i think i got the name right ) also the report of a door opening on the rock and a figure standing there , i have visited the area and it would be very difficult to land on this rock .

however i think that it is one of those cases that we will never know the full details of what was, or not found

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tom.farnhill

Yes! The rock thing got to me too.

I've never seen it personally, but I can imagine it from the descriptions and that really interested me too.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
there seems to exist a common element that many of our most renown Ufologists have--through the years--left out of the accounts they've investigated: High Strangeness.

Good man. I'm pleased there is someone on here who is following the significance of High Strangeness (HS). Vallee believed that any comprehensive explanation of the contactee phenomenon had to also explain HS too.

For me it may be that we need more than one explanation for all of the described cases It's likely that lots of confusion is caused in the UFO/aliens field by a lack of realisation of that fact.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I am sure i have that book somewhere for the description of that UFO encounter rings a bell;There was a book called the uninvited that i have also read about a policeman and his wife who where terrorized by a UFO sighting;

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by K-PAX-PROT

I think there's 3 books. The first is on a farm and I forget for the others... So it might be.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Very interesting and well written. Thanks for sharing. S+F

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
A very intriguing story.
I will be having a look for this one,
Thanks for the awesome summary.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

Hopkinsville?
Kelly-Hopkinsville Encounter
edit on 5/26/2011 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)
Yes, that is it! This case reminded me of te Kelly hopkinsville encounter, for the high strangeness quotient.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I read this book back in the mid 80's. A great book.
However, in 1993 I was at Uni studying Geology and was on a field trip to this area (Milford Haven)
One night I asked a a couple of local lads about this story. Their faces went white. They told me a few stories of what happened. they said not many people like to talk about it.
As part of the field trip, we looked at the Stack rock formation (where the door is/was). I Looked hard but didn't see any door :-(

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I thought that some people had admitted to hoaxing the 'Silver Spacemen'

The fact that inquiries led the RAF Police to suspect a hoaxer may have been responsible for some of the Welsh UFOs fits with a strong local rumour which persists to this day. Hilary Evans, who debunked some of the more exaggerated stories in an article published in 1982, heard that two members of a round table club were responsible for the sightings of “spacemen” at the Haven Fort Hotel and Ripperston Farm. They came up with the idea after borrowing silver-lined asbestos suits worn by local oil refinery workers for a fancy dress evening in Broad Haven shortly after the children’s sighting.

In 1996 BBC presenter Ray Gosling tracked down one of the jokers for a Radio 4 documentary on the West Wales flap. Shortly afterwards Glyn Edwards, a member of Milford Haven’s Round Table confessed his part to the Western Mail. He described the spaceman outfit as having: “… a solid in-built helmet so I would have looked about 7ft tall. Alien sightings were all the rage, so I took a stroll around for a bit of fun. I remember when I visited the garden of a certain lady, who later called the police, that I had to dive into a hedge because she appeared to be aiming a rifle or a shotgun at me.”

www.uk-ufo.org...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join