It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Die as Police Brutally Break Up Georgia Protest .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

TBILISI—Georgian police used water cannons, tear gas and rubber bullets to dispel an antigovernment demonstration in the capital Tbilisi early in the early hours of Thursday morning. Two people were killed and 37 were injured in the clash, according to a police statement, although the circumstances in which the deaths occurred were contested.

The crackdown followed five days of small-scale protests by Georgia's divided opposition parties, escalating when several hundred of the demonstrators camped out in the city's main boulevard Wednesday night. Opposition leader Nino Burjanadze pledged to the crowd to disrupt Georgia's annual Independence Day parade the following day.

Soon after the city government's permit to hold the rally expired at midnight, riot police surrounded the demonstrators, broke through a makeshift barricade and drove the protesters away from the city's main thoroughfare. The protesters scattered amid clashes, some hiding in nearby buildings. Police tied up and pulled to the ground several demonstrators.

One policeman and a protester were killed when they were hit by a convoy of vehicles belonging to Ms. Burjanadze as they sped away from the impending clash, the police statement said.

Source - WSJ

Reuters Video - Wall Street Journal

Police Crackdown On Protesters - Video

Raw Video: 2 Killed in Georgia Protest Dispersal

Brutal police crackdown on Tbilisi protests

Georgian police accused of brutality

The fool Saakashvili is at it once again - using severe violence against his own population, like a true Police State dictator while playing with his new high-tech anti-crowd toys !

It's my personal opinion that Mr. Saakashvili is an idiot and is seriously out of touch with reality, which we all here on ATS could see in the 'War in Georgia' threads when the delusional fool Saakashvilli ordered the attack on South Ossetia/Russia 2008 during the Olympic games.

Apparently, there's a growing opposition against Saakashvili's Police State in Georgia - but since he's the favourite puppet guy of powerful Western interests, they are going to have a hard time to topple him anytime soon, I think?

I wish the opposition good luck though!

Georgia police fire tear gas, rubber bullets at protesters

May 26 (Reuters) - Georgian riot police used tear gas, rubber bullets and water cannon on Thursday to disperse several hundred opposition protesters demanding the resignation of President Mikheil Saakashvili, a Reuters reporter said.

Emergency workers were tending to several people with blood on their faces, after protesters ran away from a demonstration outside the parliament building in central Tbilisi in the early hours of Thursday morning, the reporter said.

Opposition groups have called, during several days of protests in the capital, for Saakashvili to quit and for early elections.

www.reuters.com...

The revolutionary fever is apparently spreading!

edit on 26-5-2011 by Chevalerous because: Inserted additional videos.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Yep, everyone has had enough!!!

This is the first time since the late 60s that I have seen TPTB on the run!!!

WELL, everyone has had enough of all the fear and abuse! We KNOW that it can be much much better than this.

Stay strong!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
yup,some of the same toys used in usa against the students annual party.so,who said government was a good thing?
edit on 26-5-2011 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)
and some people think nwo is a good thing,cant they see the abuse of power and domination?imagine when they actually get a good consolidation of government and military,economics as well.we as a world are doomed if we dont unite as humans against the atrocity taking place.as you see protesting with signs is no match against there toys.
edit on 26-5-2011 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Another clear case of the people showing that enough is enough for sure...I could only hope this mentality would spread like wildfire across America but sadly I don't think it's going to.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Definitely, the people has had more than enough - and when more and people are waking up to this reality, we'll probably see a critical mass and a boiling point when everything explodes.

What I think is the most interesting part in this case whilst observing these latest protests in Georgia, is the heavy use of Western security instructors, and the High Tech riot equipment from the West which they love to use against their own population.

Georgia is now in fact a testing ground for many of these Police State riot gear and high tech equipment from Western companies by courtesy of the U.S and Israel's military industrial & security complex.

A scary reminder of what soon is coming to a town near you perhaps?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

I don't watch that much MSM, can someone tell us whether this is being broad casted in CNN, BBC, FOX NEWS and other main news outlets?

Al-Jazeera is busy taking sides in the Arab uprisings, they don't have anything in their front page regarding Georgia.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by confreak
reply to post by Chevalerous

I don't watch that much MSM, can someone tell us whether this is being broad casted in CNN, BBC, FOX NEWS and other main news outlets?

Al-Jazeera is busy taking sides in the Arab uprisings, they don't have anything in their front page regarding Georgia.

I don't think many of the the large MSM news corporations wants to broadcast this since Mikheil Saakashvili is a Western puppet and their man in Georgia - they all stand behind him as we could see from all their scripted lies the MSM told their viewers when this fool launched an attack and invaded South Ossetia.

And honestly, this is not so news-worthy to them a day as today when they instead can report Breaking News on the arrest of the war criminal Ratko Mladić for an example.

top topics

join