It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quoteing scripture is not gay bashing!!!!!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Well, in the first place, that's what happens when you try to use the Bible as a weapon. Also, you have to realize that to most of us here the Bible is just another book--and a particularly illogical, nonsensical, and inconsistent one at that.

Let me hit that concept just a little bit harder: We don't care about your Bible. No matter what your dementia tells YOU, it's not OUR truth. It means less than nothing to us, and we especially do not necessarily or categorically agree with the opinions of some primitive society on the nature of sin nor of morality. Hideous threats of judgment and punishment notwithstanding.

Life is punishing enough without having to listen to shrill, moralizing shrews. Take it to a site where somebody cares. This site ain't it....

ETA: Uh-oh. Somebody got the attention of a Mod. I should have said "...without having to listen to those we think are dreadfully wrongheaded."
edit on 5/26/2011 by Ex_CT2 because: Modified surly nastiness

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by yahwehsprincess

Quoting scripture out of context from a book that was mistranslated, and based on an extremely bias spin isn't gonna get you anywhere in my book. You're just another lost soul trapped in the delusions of a faith that is as much a fallacy as it is blasphemous to the original Christians (of which modern Christians are not comparable).

edit on 26-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I guess it really sort of depends on the scripture you are quoting and to whom and what was your intention? The Bible can't be used as a weapon or to hurt anyone.
If all of these are positive it isn't gay bashing.

Otherwise it's not only gay bashing it is a mortal sin.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
It is, simply because it promotes judgement, and an incorrect view of what it really is. Believing the bible is great and all, but the true message of the bible is to Love your Brother. All other issues are a moot point.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

A friendly reminder...

This great site of ours has been built on the cornerstone of civility and decorum. As members, we are free to discuss any issue as long as it within the parameters of the Terms and Conditions you agreed to when registering with this site.

On that note, please confine your remarks to the issue at hand and refrain from attacking one another. Adherence to this simple request is expected. No exceptions.

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Nowhere in any bible does it allow a women to preach. Nor to judge as god himself is the only one who can do that. From a Jewish perspective you have broken numerous commandments here princess. God just spoke to me and he said your out of line and your the one who's going to get spanked!!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

i dont have anger in me i have FIRE!!!!!!! from the GOD OF THE ARMY OF ISREAL!!!!!!!!!!!! i am his temple, his dwelling place, and just like he told prophet jerhimiah " dont worry about the people or their faces, worry about what i tell you to say" i dont care what you think, i am only quoteing the bible i did not write it YAHWEH DID!!! through his HOLY SERVANTS, and i am one of his ROYAL PRIESTS i say only what the FATHER tells me to say and just becuse it isnt all love does not mean that GOD didnt say it, you people pick and choose from the bible what makes you feel good and you leave out the stuff that convicts the SOUL and come up with some fake love GOD!! come on didnt your parents tell you right from wrong or did they say go ahead and run in the street baby its ok go eat 40 cookies cause i love you, GOD is our FATHER and he has set rules and only his obdient children will enter into the kingdom of light!!!!!! disobey your daddy and you will get spanked!!!!!!!!

Ok, where to start. well lets keep it simple..
We are all in this together, many people, many cultures, one world.
We are all temples for god dwells in us all.. some choose to not idolize but rather treat other humans with respect to show their love.
It isnt all love your right.. your statements show.
you put forth the claim that we pick and choose the words we belive, but by just becoming the fire havent you done the same ?
Yes My parents told me what was right and wrong, trying to convert someone to a path they wernt meant to travel is wrong, peace and tolerance, acceptance of others beliefs is right.
By alienating people you find the flock gets smaller, untill one day you are no longer a shepherd as the sheep have all left, and then what ?
You say only the chosen reach heaven... well sorry if im going to get shouted at like that. i think ill create my own path up the mountain..
There are many paths up the mountain, sometimes the paths cross, sometimes we travel together..
Your path up the mountain my friend isn't wrong. as there is no right or wrong, there just is.
but i fear it may be a lonely long road.. travel well and i hope you find the peace in your heart..
before the fire consumes you.
remember god didnt say that the one who scares the most sheep though the gates gets a place in heaven...
Ego is a dirty word..

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by yahwehsprincess
reply to post by Tayesin

i dont have anger in me i have FIRE!!!!!!! from the GOD OF THE ARMY OF ISREAL!!!!!!!!!!!! i am his temple, his dwelling place, and just like he told prophet jerhimiah " dont worry about the people or their faces, worry about what i tell you to say" i dont care what you think, i am only quoteing the bible i did not write it YAHWEH DID!!! through his HOLY SERVANTS, and i am one of his ROYAL PRIESTS i say only what the FATHER tells me to say and just becuse it isnt all love does not mean that GOD didnt say it, you people pick and choose from the bible what makes you feel good and you leave out the stuff that convicts the SOUL and come up with some fake love GOD!! come on didnt your parents tell you right from wrong or did they say go ahead and run in the street baby its ok go eat 40 cookies cause i love you, GOD is our FATHER and he has set rules and only his obdient children will enter into the kingdom of light!!!!!! disobey your daddy and you will get spanked!!!!!!!!

Oh my...

You're a Royal priest eh...

God didn't write the bible hun, you should realize that Fact. Inspired or not it was written by the hand of man... Which is the reason why you believe God hates Gay people...

God doesn't "hate" any of his creations... not a single one.

For a preist you have a lot to learn...

I pray you have no followers....

Priest..... Pffhahaha!!

Btw... it is gay bashing if you're promoting that bit of scripture...
edit on 26-5-2011 by Akragon because: Sorry but i couldn't help laughing ...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

BRAVO!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/428543f43736.gif[/atsimg]
edit on 26/5/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by yahwehsprincess
can anybody tell me when quoteing GODS HOLY SCRPITURE became gay bashing????????? what kind of place is this!!!!!!! there is absolutely NO FREE SPEECH on this web site!!!!!!!!! i had 5 post removed but i never cursed or said anthing that was not in the bible!!!!! what kind of wimpy little babies are on here!!!!!! mommy moderater shes quoteing scripture and the TRUTH is hurting my feelings, what kind of demons are you!!!!!!!

Dear yahwehsprincess,

Quoting the holy scripture is not gay bashing, not explaining God's forgiveness and love is. God is more concerned over what is right than what is wrong because we all fall short of perfection. Lust, larceny, evil in our hearts, none escape that and there is no priority of sins. Find a way in for others, not a way out and you get there too.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

There are some churches nowadays that do not hate gay or lesbian people as they have found out homosexuals were created by God, maybe the pope found dna evidence or something i dunno.
I never personally never had a problem with gays or lesbians after I met my wifes gay male friend.
I realized he was a human being with feelings and convictions as strong as mine.
By the way I went into the initial introduction with as much prejudice as a southern baptist preacher from the 20's.
Yes, I was a hardcore hater, but I guess I evolved and or grew up.
Also spelling errors reduce the credibility of your posts.

reply to post by Jubes

You get a star simply because you gots a picture of an awesome doggie as your avatar.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

lol wow...

I've read a few of your posts that wern't actually deleted...

Pretty sure the words you post speak for exactly who you are...

Let me give you a tip...

Just because you post scripture does not mean you understand it...

Either way im done here... You're gonna get banned before you actually spit out anything worth while

GL

link   
OP, we must all accept the things we can change, and those we cannot change.
Just like ATS, the mods make certain choices, and we are guests on this site.
Nothing prevents you from making your own site, or finding one which agrees with your views.

You are not going to preach and bend people to your interpretation of Scripture here.
They've heard it all before and made their own decisions.
Stop knocking your head against a wall.
Jesus never did this.
He never spoke to people that way.
I don't see fifty exclamation marks after the Sermon on the Mount.
If you have something that you feel others should follow, then lead by example.

I first thought you made a good statement on how well-meaning Christians face misunderstanding and discrimination.
But then you proved why, and repeated the problem.

Christians nowadays always say they are the religion saved by faith and not works.
Yet you are preaching works before faith.
You are laying down the law as if you were God.
And clearly you have no right to do that.

You're not the boss in some situations.
Get used to it.

link   
I can agree there is a trend here,in many topics such as Homophobes:: GET A CLUE!!! its in the OP which brings a response from Christians to give their point of view and if you read that thread you will see no bashing from them only giving their point of view to the complaint,though from the thirty odd pages I read the only person who bashed gays was someone who wasn`t a Christian,yet on every page you will find scores of people seeing it as an opotunity to bash Christians or their beliefs.

Yet that is seen as acceptable by the general public and membership here,this only proves to Christians the Bible right where it talks of such things.

Personally it is/would be stupid to quote the Bible where it talks about imoral behaviour to a gay person,heck the Bible also says that God calls the person,so if God calls a gay person (or anybody else) God will deal with the persons life style,as it happens from day to day and thats not through individuals yelling at people or telling them they will burn in hell.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I definetly hear what you saying............It's frustrating and I have to deal with a lot of those issues when I post my opinions about not being for the pro gay lifestyle etc. They don't want to hear your opinion if its not pro gay rights.

If you do have any opinions that are not pro gay rights then your a religious fanatic or just an angry judgemental kinda person, all of which I myself am not. I believe in balance. I also believe that balance is taught to us by our enviroment, entertainment, our friends, as well of course as by our Parents. Unfortunatly that is lacking all over the world.

I guess this site means different things to different people but what it means to me is a place we can come and discuss the matters that currently divide us in an adult and mature fashion, and not just conspiracy theories.

However sometimes perhaps we don't always say it in the way we mean it and it can kinda spiral out of control from there. Thats just the nature of the beast that is in all of us. None of us are perfect nor claim to be,

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
If you want to know who/what God is you must first tear down your house and leave nothing but what God created, you must give away your material wealth, leaving only what God has given you, seclude yourself from all religion and preconceived notions of men, and look on the world with new unbiased eyes, and you will see that God and the Devil are one in the same, two sides of the same coin, that their presence isn't spiritual, but figurative. God and the Devil create all things, and their influence is seen/reflected through karma. Do good and good will reflect on you, do evil and the same will be true. God nor the devil judge men, and it is not the place for men to judge his brother. It is we who judge ourselves.
You must not base your ideals on the lies of your ancestors. You can be the beginning of a better generation. A renewed faith. The Messiah didn't create Christianity, his disciples did. The role of the Messiah was to renew the temple of "the chosen", not build a faith based on forgotten rites, changed Sabbaths, and pagan hybridization.
Not everyone wants to be Christian (aka Jewish), and it is not your place to "save" these people. Karma is present whether you be Christian, Muslim, Jewish, or Athiest. Whether you recognize this or not, the moral code remains intact. No man can commit a sin upon himself. His body is his own temple, and in the end, if he feels he is wrong, his torment will manifest Hell, but in the end, as all things do, his energy will be recycled until all things return to the source. Want a little advise? Remove yourself from the church, place your bible into a drawer, and find God on your own, because the God that religions "know" isn't God at all.

I'll tell you what Karol Józef Wojtyła told me when I was 15 years old, you may better know him as the Blessed Pope John Paul II; "Church is for sinners. The truly faithful find God in the world."
edit on 26-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

I find it sad that so many people hate people on the premise of those who love. I thought that was the ultimate message of the Bible. In a way, aren't those forsaking others and who they love going against not only God but Jesus Christ himself and their teachings?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Hello again Sister,

I do understand what you say to me, and I do understand the ferver, the drive within you. So please return that favour in kind, try to understand me and these words...

You are more than welcome to have such strong Beliefs, and I am glad that they helped you out of the hellish existence you had before.

Yet berating people for their Beliefs is not Your Task. Judging people for their Beliefs is not Your Task. Those things belong to Your God. As the servant of Your God you are to live so that you Illustrate what it is to be a Servant.

And so I would ask you balance your inner Anger, learn to accept that others may not see things as you do.. and it is okay in this timeframe for them to do so.

I am not here to fight with you, I am here to assist you to a more clear perception .. if possible.

Fire begets Fire. Love begets Love. What you sow, so shall you reap.

edit on 26-5-2011 by Tayesin because: Dyslexia

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

As the servant of Your God you are to live so that you Illustrate what it is to be a Servant.

yes but see... shes a "royal Priest" meaning she holds herself higher then others because of her knowledge of the bible.

Its great that she holds strong to her beliefs, but she seems to be very closed minded to other peoples perception of the meaning in the bible.

To me this says she doesn't read it for her self, she's been told what to believe by an actual priest/pastor/minister or what have you.

The blind leading the blind...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

In another thread you rantet about "unfair treatment for people of faith!!!!!!!"

Well ...jerks get treated like ..ähm ...jerks?

GOD OF THE ARMY OF ISREAL!!!!!!!!!!!! ...this makes me laugh so hard xD

And btw ...“Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind.” ~ Rincewind
edit on 26-5-2011 by AnnoyingOrangeX because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join