It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two new studies warn -- medical doctors may be hazardous to your health

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
This proves it. The pharmaceutical industry and doctors are in bed together although not completely, but brainwash, yes through medical school indoctrination when they have never had a course in nutrition. But I feel relieved that there has been more study coming out saying more about what we eat affect our health.

(NaturalNews) Today's doctors-in-training are learning how to think critically and clearly about the need for -- and potential dangers of -- any drugs they prescribe. And surgeons only operate if they are physically and mentally able to make sure they will not be putting their patient in any danger, right? Unfortunately, two new papers show that those assumptions are wrong. In fact, they reveal critical reasons why mainstream medicine can be a danger to your health and even threaten your life.

Bottom line: med students are being taught through a hidden curriculum devised and carried out by Big Pharma (and allowed by medical schools) to push the prescribing of their drugs. Meanwhile, countless surgeons are operating and sometimes harming patients because they are impaired by fatigue and lack of sleep.

Here are the facts. Medical students in the United States are being bombarded with the pro-drug propaganda of pharmaceutical companies -- and the students are exposed to this throughout their education, even in the years before they have clinical experience treating patients. According to research led by Kirsten Austad and Aaron S. Kesselheim from Harvard Medical School just published in PLoS Medicine, it turns out the drug giants have created what the Harvard researchers have dubbed a highly influential hidden curriculum
that pushes doctors-in-training into accepting and promoting Big Pharma's prescription drugs and other therapies.

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Your right...My dog knows more about Nutrition than most any doctor...and he eats better too....

Medical Doctors Are The Third Largest Cause of Death in America ....do your research....they are paid killers...
edit on 25-5-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

you sound angrier about organized medicine than i do - and i'm a doctor!

there's an undeniably huge problem, and yes, we SUCK at nutrition - which should be a lifelong

course of learning starting in grade school. Medical culture needs a tabula rasa starting at medical education,

and it should be european style (free school, requiring research, scholarly, and free from incentive to defraud).

with ya.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I read a book that turned me on to these facts years ago now and I've been meaning to reread it.

'The Truth About the Drug Companies.'

It's written by Dr. Marcia Angell, who briefly served as editor-in-chief for The New England Journal of Medicine. It's a sobering, enlightening and disturbing read. She talks about how there are sparse breakthroughs in the pharmaceutical industry, despite what their bloated public relations departments will tell you. They spend more money on marketing, legal maneuvers to extend patent rights and government lobbying to prevent any form of price regulation than they do on research and development. When their drugs go off patent and anybody can make them (and make them available at a much cheaper price), they'll take an isomer of that drug (a mirror image for example) that is technically considered different even though your body uses it the same way, and then market it as another drug (and we'll buy it)! That's just a piece of the whole feces pie and I'm not even going into doctor-industry conflicts of interest.

www.nybooks.com...

books.google.com...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by drphilxr

I love you.

Namaste.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Majority of doctors below the age of 40 have $(dollar )signs reflected in their eyes. The longer they keep you in suspense about the condition of your health,the more $$$ they make. They disregard what you say about your symptoms and put you through all kinds of test so that they can bleed your dry

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

S&F

Dr in front of your name or MD after signifies you are a part of the group that controls us and our behaviors and they have their instructions. This is why it was necessary to eradicate every other type of medical practitioner as bogus - if they are out side the confines of the privileged,select education, training and indoctrination. This same group got rid of the medicine man and woman, the shaman, they burned midwives and healers and then hung out an odd looking shingle with snakes wrapped around a pole - and we have been beholden ever since.

How did they know about DNA anyway to have a symbol to illustrate it perfectly?
Are they the original DNA manipulators?

I think that RX symbol means REPTILIAN CROSSING.

Most I have to say are good doctors and honorable men and women but a huge swath of these are followers of a sect, almost a cult, akin to the Masons in my mind.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Yes… doctors are very dangerous… You can’t just blindly take every drug they prescribe. And the drugs that you decide to take you shouldn’t always follow their dosing instructions. Many times I’ve gotten by with as little as 1/8 of the recommended dosing.

Take the popular antibiotic Azithromycin… many doctors recommend this but the stuff can cause your tendons to rip of your bones causing permanent damage. Several law suits and several discussion boards of victims from this drug. And doctors still prescribe it and without warning about the potential side effects. They leave that up to the pharmacists and the warning on the package.

Blindly following the advice of a doctor is like playing Russian roulette… only your odds are a lot worse.

top topics

join