It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police goes brutal on a guy, crowd gets angry and beat the hell out of cops

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Cops walk around with there nickle slick badge and belive that they are the law, the fact is PEOPLE don't give cops a bad name, COPS give COPS a bad name. Five on 1 + team banner........they got what was coming to them. Great post.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneEyedMan
Am I the only one that doesn't see police brutality here? The guy was resisting arrest. Also he wasn't being beat with the nightstick he was being jabbed probably to comply and let them cuff him. In a situation like that they want to get it settled as quickly as possible to AVOID what happened. Sitting on the guy in the field asking nicely until he decided to put his hands behind his back isn't how the law works.

Yes there are some situations where it's clear brutality, but this doesn't seem so clear to me.

Also you can't just let people take the law into their hands like what happened here, who gets to decide whats right and wrong at that point? There were plenty of witnesses and a camera, they could have taken it to court like civilized human beings. The guys life was not in danger, they weren't actively beating him or kicking him, there was no need to step in.

Violence as an answer to violence will get you no where. All we can see is one angle of a video but a court case is how this should have been dealt with if it truly was brutality.

He was being jabbed reapeatedly and hard, hard enough for another policeman to try and get him to back off. it's pieces of crap like that who cause the trouble. Resisting arrest is natural under those circumstances, and is no excuse for dangerous tactics. One man,(at least) has already died in London in the same sort of circumstance with the same weapon, and he was not even resisting arrest. Resisting arrest is not a cop out for administering physical punishment. So it's bad enough in England, but god help Americans.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by maluminse
Dramatic version. I think you will like it. : )

Let me know if you do or dont. Peace.

Actually its older than four years. But again who cares. If its worthy of discussion four years ago than it is today too.

Unless you're arguing that police brutality has been eliminated in the past four years than yea you have a good point.

Unfortunately someone posted a link to a 14 yo unarmed who was shot by a belligerent police officer so this video is as relevant today as it was five years ago.

link   
that video made me feel so good.

I just hate how people want to take the fun out of things, this guy was being funny, just catch him and throw him out. why beat him or chase him like he killed someone. its all a good laugh, let him run, he gets tired, grab him and throw him out of the game, good warning for everyone.. but no.

i'm pissed off becuase they didnt take the other cops down and beat them. its good that this happened, so more people see and thats exactly whats happening. the police will be more polite to not look like bullies, even when they want to hurt you they will think twice.

link   
reply to post by bsbray11

"Not to mention they could have just waited for the guy to get done running around and not have made a scene."

So let the guy just run free for a half hour? LOL. The guy ALREADY created a scene. These cops did nothing wrong. Would it be OK if the goalie clotheslined his ass as he ran by? I would have. Who knows what that tool was gonna do.

link   
Football/Soccer ftw.

Over here in England it's almost been killed off. It's still about but not in large scale disorder as the police has been clamping down on it big time.

My team Tottenham Hotspur has had about 10 members of the firm jailed recently just for smashing up a pub.

They got 2 years inside. Joke.

Banning orders, etc, don't help.

Anyway, back to the point; I SAY GOOD. They were clearly smashing him to bits, if 4 men can't arrest one person they shouldn't be in that job. Payback is a bitch.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
They know the cops were protecting THEM.

From the guy running with the flag?

Does running with a flag put people in a grave danger?

Your double-standards are ridiculous.

So it's ok for drunken fans to beat up cops in many of these folks minds.

More effective if they're all drunk if you ask me.

Rather disturbing if you ask me. Who knows what the hell that guy was going to do. He woulda let em cuff his ass then he wouldn't have to poke him with the stick.

People generally don't want to be violently arrested for non-violent "crimes." Kudos to this guy for not being a coward and complying with their bullying. Beating on someone is always more of a crime than running with a flag, no matter what clothes you are wearing.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RichMundoverde

I see a man disrupting an event.
I see those responsible for order, attempting to apprehend and restrain.
I see the man go down and the police pounce,
I see one officer 'jabbing' with his nightstick, and the others looking like they are more restraining or attempting to handcuff the man, not like they are beating him without mercy.
I see the mob mentality attack on the police.
I see the VICTIM jump up without handcuffs or restraints.
I see the police beaten up pretty bad.

Are you seriously telling me that 3 cops could not handcuff someone they pinned down without clobbering him with a baton??? Really?

edit on 26-5-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

THE POLICE ALWAYS HAVE THE RIGHT. Dont brake the law and nothing will happen to you. At the end of the day policemen and women are humans and they will make many mistakes, so dont brake the law. Until robots take over DONT BE AN IDIOT.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

So let the guy just run free for a half hour? LOL.

Man, the soccer players themselves could have made a wall and cut the dude off before a half hour passed. Instead of being more gentle and creative you would sooner go in cracking skulls. You're going to get back exactly what you dish out my friend, and I for one (amongst many) have no pity when it does happen.

Who knows what that tool was gonna do.

When your mentality is to just beat the hell out of someone before they have a chance to do anything, who knows what in the hell you're going to do either? Your attitude is much more whacked out than someone who just wants to run around on a field with a flag while people are playing ball.

Originally posted by dilly1
THE POLICE ALWAYS HAVE THE RIGHT. Dont brake the law and nothing will happen to you.

That goes for the pigs too, and at the end of the day guess who lawmakers are ultimately held responsible to?....

Mobs of very angry people exactly well-deserved revenge.
edit on 26-5-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

You don't know what that guy was going to do and neither do the cops. If they just stood there and the guy yanked out a knife and stabbed the goalie you'd be on here screaming why didn't the cops stop him. Have you seen the soccer hooligans running around beating the hell out of people? Rioting in cent America? Were other fans running around off camera too? Then you snidely remark that if they were drunk the beating would be better. I hope a cop never has to save your life you won't know what the hell to think. Probably spit on him or something.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Tekulve

Good point, (I'm American and love soccer but it does get my blood pressure up)...............I needed a Margarita after the last game.

Exciting stuff.

And people that pay to see the game are not suppose to come down onto the playing field. Same goes for concerts or live plays.

Times have changed.

One concert I went to was The Moody Blues, oh that was the best concert..........they were suppose to stop playing at 11:00 but said they enjoyed us as a audience so much they would play till midnight.........everyone was nice, respectful, gentle. Fond memories that was a fun event, everybody had a great time, everyone behaved themself.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Their job isn't to stop wild eyed raging fans running on the field. They play soccer.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

brake is the car brake.

break is breaking the law.

And no, I don't break the law, not so much as ever a ticket.

And I'm open minded enough I can see both sides.

You're post towards me are real mean.........you need to try a little niceness.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

If they just stood there and the guy yanked out a knife and stabbed the goalie you'd be on here screaming why didn't the cops stop him.

Bottom line ... the cops got that guy. So no knife.. no stabbings... nothing.

What was the point in clobbering someone who was already down? And he didn't look like he was even making an effort to resist?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OneEyedMan

If it was you getting your teeth broken of and knocked down your throat by a short broom handle I bet you would be singing a different song. And for doing what???? Running across the middle of a soccer field waving some stupid banner.. yea totally called for.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

You don't know what that guy was going to do and neither do the cops.

This is exactly the mentality that makes the police so dangerous. They claim they're afraid of what a guy is going to do with a flag so they just go in beating the hell out of him assuming the worst. Turns out, as far as I can see, what they did themselves was in fact the worst thing that happened on that field.

If they just stood there and the guy yanked out a knife and stabbed the goalie you'd be on here screaming why didn't the cops stop him.

Not hardly, but you're already off in imagination land conjuring up fantasies that have nothing to do with reality.

I don't want to hear excuses for why you would go in cracking skulls and ask questions later. An angry mob would be a suitable response to that.

I hope a cop never has to save your life you won't know what the hell to think. Probably spit on him or something.

Actually believe it or not I don't think all cops are bad and there are a couple I would even consider friends. But there is no excuse for beating someone who is subdued when you have 4 guys on him already. If they want to use force why not just pull on his arms? 4 grown men are too weak to do that, or just too lazy, so they whip out the baton?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Their job isn't to stop wild eyed raging fans running on the field. They play soccer.

It's not supposed to be the police's job to subdue someone using 4 officers and then proceed to beat him with a baton, either. Only in a society as twisted as today's are people like you around making excuses for it. I'm just pointing out the many ways it could have been handled other than the one you are sickly trying to justify. Why do you think that crowd got so upset and jumped in?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Why are people so eager to see police officers hurt or injured? They work a nasty, dirty job for very low wages?

Because a lot of people are getting meaner and meaner..........that's why.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dilly1
reply to post by ofhumandescent

THE POLICE ALWAYS HAVE THE RIGHT. Dont brake the law and nothing will happen to you. At the end of the day policemen and women are humans and they will make many mistakes, so dont brake the law. Until robots take over DONT BE AN IDIOT.

Ahhh but this video says different.

Thomas Jefferson said "At some point an overreaching administration is corrected by the seditious."

These officers put everyone in danger by acting without a cool head.

The good cops right next to the bad cops were likely beaten. WHY? Because bad cops put all cops in danger. They put the safety of the whole freaking stadium at risk. They caused the riot.

When someone is acting an idiot you throw him out b/c it could incite a riot. Thats police triaining. By the same token bad police work can cause riot just as we see here in this video.

Textbook training of the hows and whys you do your job right. Dont overact b/c someone may come to the rescue.

Calm cool and collected and flag guy is booted. The game goes on. Fans stay in their seats no one gets hurt.

BUT thats not what happened is it? You see the result of bad police work right before you. This is it.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join