It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police goes brutal on a guy, crowd gets angry and beat the hell out of cops

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo
Ok, this is F'ed up on both sides. The cops were a bit excessive. But to be honest, he was resisting. You couldnt see exactly what was going on but it was fairly obvious he was struggling. On the other hand, he was just some fan being a doofus, not really a threat at all. On the other hand, they beat the hell out of those cops. Not really a valid response to being upset about "unnecessary violence"

Lose, lose.

I'm sorry there were 4 cops on him. He was going no where and his hands are held down as were his feet. Risising....I don't think so man. He ran on the field with a sign, big deal. I think this is the start of something that has been coming for a long time. People are fed up with it.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The trouble is too many police like to use excess, like in this case the possibly mortal baton. Too many people use excess, like kicking in the head, possibly mortal. These are all cowardly acts. Then all sides use the courts and lies, to try and get off their cowardly acts.
edit on 26-5-2011 by smurfy because: Amend.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Thank God! Granted, that not all police are power-hungry self-granting "Gods", but more people need to step up when something like this happens. I'm glad to see that an unjust law enforcer can not break the Human Spirit.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Am I the only one that doesn't see police brutality here? The guy was resisting arrest. Also he wasn't being beat with the nightstick he was being jabbed probably to comply and let them cuff him. In a situation like that they want to get it settled as quickly as possible to AVOID what happened. Sitting on the guy in the field asking nicely until he decided to put his hands behind his back isn't how the law works.

Yes there are some situations where it's clear brutality, but this doesn't seem so clear to me.

Also you can't just let people take the law into their hands like what happened here, who gets to decide whats right and wrong at that point? There were plenty of witnesses and a camera, they could have taken it to court like civilized human beings. The guys life was not in danger, they weren't actively beating him or kicking him, there was no need to step in.

Violence as an answer to violence will get you no where. All we can see is one angle of a video but a court case is how this should have been dealt with if it truly was brutality.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tekulve
Anybody who runs on the field during a sporting event deserves everything they get.

Oh, so running across a field during a sports game is like murdering someone in Texas? Is that what you're saying?

How about any pig who wants to beat on someone who's already subdued, while thousands of people are right there watching, deserves everything they get?

Yeah, that sounds more like it to me. And you know what? You people siding with the pigs are going to stand back and do nothing because that's the only reason you like them so much in the first place: you never take responsibility for yourself.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
reply to post by gabby2011

I dont see how you know from watching this video that the violence was unneccisary. Was he fighting back? Spitting? Biting an officer?

Human bites carry more risk of infection that any other animal.

hmmm..then can you tell me why one of the security was telling the guy jabbing the baton to stop??

C'mon..it doesn't take a genius to see that even his own co-worker thought he was out of line.

Its unfortunate that the good security officer had to pay the price for the bad one.

But how many times have the peaceful protesters paid the price for the voilent ones, and other situations, where law enforcement just feels entitled to take their aggresion out , on the not so guilty.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneEyedMan
Am I the only one that doesn't see police brutality here? The guy was resisting arrest. Also he wasn't being beat with the nightstick he was being jabbed probably to comply and let them cuff him. In a situation like that they want to get it settled as quickly as possible to AVOID what happened.

What happened in that video, happened for a reason. Think about what that reason may be, and why so many people got so angry so quickly.

There is a certain spirit to sporting events and tackling a guy running across the field, subduing and then beating on him is obviously not what the crowd wants to see. And pigs are not arbitrators of whatever they feel like doing, they're paid to "protect and serve," or at least that's what they were originally supposed to be doing before they got themselves into the mess they are in today.

Sitting on the guy in the field asking nicely until he decided to put his hands behind his back isn't how the law works.

Unfortunately for you and the police that is exactly how the law should work. This guy was running across a field during a sports event and was obviously not a threat to anyone. He was a harmless nuisance at worst. And then they tackled and went to beating on him, as if that's okay? No, it's not. If it's okay for them to beat on us then it's okay for us to beat on them, period. We're tired of being victims of something we have no way to fight back against legally. So this is what happens.
edit on 26-5-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
wow you guys are retarded. the cops were only trying to help, and this guy was OBVIOUSLY resisting arrest. try to put yourself in the cops shoes. they wanted to get this guy off the field asap.

have some damn empathy. you people are disgusting...you think its okay to treat cops like they're less than human only because a FEW cops occasionally abuse their power. these guys were just trying to do their job. it's not like they were beating the crap out of him.

*shakes head*

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
wow you guys are retarded. the cops were only trying to help

Nah man, the crowd was only trying to help.

And they did help, the guy running with the flag got up and walked away.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

wow you guys are retarded. the cops were only trying to help, and this guy was OBVIOUSLY resisting arrest. try to put yourself in the cops shoes. they wanted to get this guy off the field asap.

Its hard to resist arrest when you are already DOWN on the ground. The cops had this punk where they wanted him. Do you seriously think he deserved to be further beaten with a baton? Look at the video again.
Its pretty clear that the cop/security guy was NOT gently tapping him with that baton.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OneEyedMan

i agree with you man, they were just trying to do their jobs and get the guy off the field but he was resisting arrest. and the cops used NECESSARY force (a few jabs) to get him to comply.

most people in this forum have a personal vendetta against cops for whatever reason...the hatred in this thread against the cops is totally over the top.

now i could understand if the cops were beating the tar out of him... but they were only giving him a few jobs to get him to comply...(what were the cops supposed to do? just stand there and wait? say pretty please with sugar on top?)

link   
reply to post by Sorayugiman

I see a man disrupting an event.
I see those responsible for order, attempting to apprehend and restrain.
I see the man go down and the police pounce,
I see one officer 'jabbing' with his nightstick, and the others looking like they are more restraining or attempting to handcuff the man, not like they are beating him without mercy.
I see the mob mentality attack on the police.
I see the VICTIM jump up without handcuffs or restraints.
I see the police beaten up pretty bad.

When you are attempting to restrain a man who is possibly intoxicated, absolutely excited and going for broke running across a soccer field.. he may not want to be handcuffed, so the police have to use force. This is a man in the middle of disrupting an assembly of possibly thousands of people, should the police not have bothered? asked polite? Issued a stern warning? What should they have done. I have seen some police brutality videos that make my blood boil, this one is not one of them.
I hope the police, who are the real victims here, didn't suffer any long term damage after this uncalled for and inexcusable attack on them. Im sure they didn't want to be in that situation in the first place, they were forced into it, and then assaulted because of it. I'll bet for sure that after a closer more clinical look, many of you will agree.

link   

Am I the only one that doesn't see police brutality here? The guy was resisting arrest. Also he wasn't being beat with the nightstick he was being jabbed probably to comply and let them cuff him. In a situation like that they want to get it settled as quickly as possible to AVOID what happened. Sitting on the guy in the field asking nicely until he decided to put his hands behind his back isn't how the law works.

Yes there are some situations where it's clear brutality, but this doesn't seem so clear to me.

Also you can't just let people take the law into their hands like what happened here, who gets to decide whats right and wrong at that point? There were plenty of witnesses and a camera, they could have taken it to court like civilized human beings. The guys life was not in danger, they weren't actively beating him or kicking him, there was no need to step in.

Violence as an answer to violence will get you no where. All we can see is one angle of a video but a court case is how this should have been dealt with if it truly was brutality.

Is there irony that I feel you seem to see very little wrong where there is much wrong and your name is 'one eyed man'?

Im 100% for good cops. I dont believe all cops are bad. In fact its a hard job and good cops should be appreciated.

Maintining your composure in emotional situations is key. The jabs with four cops COMPLETELY unnecessary. Those jabs are with a night stick. I challenge you to get a flashlight and lightly jab your ribs with it. I dont think you realize whats happening here.

Four police cant pull one mans arms behind his back? Plus your guessing. Nothing in the video supports that. You're creating facts to support your conclusion.

Shows like Cops etc have persuaded America that is ok to beat people when you arrest them. Its not part of arrest. If you just killed a child in cold blood it doesnt mean the officer gets to impose his own emotional punishment.

We have a criminal justice system. Their job is to take you to the system period. Not to inflict their own punishment. A cop who inflicts his own punishment is no different than the criminal he is beating. He TOO is a criminal.

The cop decides which laws to follow and which laws not to? NO. He follows the laws, we follow the laws.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

This video is only FOUR YEARS OLD! Geez, slow day at ATS apparently.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

yes..probably the retaliation did get out of hand..but are you so sure that what that guy with the baton was doing wouldn't have caused serious life long injury,had it not been stopped. Even his fellow officer motioned for him to stop!!

As far as violence not being the answer to violence...it sometimes is the only way to stop it.

If one of your loved ones was in a situation where they were being seriously hurt, but your Eyes could not see what was clearly going on...would you not appreciate someone putting an end to it?

edit on 26-5-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by godfather420

You are right, almost everything is various shades of gray.

I just don't like violence. And it seems we as a species just are headed down a dangerous path towards self destruction and anarchy.

Now, as stated before, nobody should be down on the playing field except the refs, the players, security and a few news people.............the paying public pay their ticket to watch not participate so WTF that guy with the sign was not suppose to go beyond the fence.

If I were a actor, sports player, etc, I would not want the public to descend down upon me.

I can see the other point of view, both sides.

On one side, nobody should be repeatedly hitting, jabbing or punching another fellow human being (or even animal)

But and here I can see the other side of this particular situation.

On the other hand, in a sporting event, concert, etc you have a handful of security / police to make sure tens of thousands of people do not get out of hand.

Now if you've studied mob psychology, there is a mob mentality where as once a person or a few people go beyond where they should be the rest of the mob starts getting driven towards a frenzy.............we are like a bunch of hairless apes.

I've read, in mob control that once one person commits a act of violence it sets off the rest of the people into what they call mobbing................police and security are trained to stop any aggressive act fast before things get so out of hand a lot of people end up dead.

Why can't people be nice, pay your ticket, watch the mucking game, go home and have a couple beers and brats on the grill and chill out?

Even look at some of the mean comments on ATS..........people are just getting nutso.

And I'm not saying police or security should abuse their power, but if you are paid to maintain security, peace and order and some guy is running towards you and that guy has no business on the playing field, your next question is how far is he going to take this and is there going to be mobbing?

edit on 26-5-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Who cares how old the video is...??

edit on 26-5-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

wow you guys are retarded. the cops were only trying to help

Nah man, the crowd was only trying to help.

And they did help, the guy running with the flag got up and walked away.

HA! Nice. : D

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

most people in this forum have a personal vendetta against cops for whatever reason...the hatred in this thread against the cops is totally over the top.

Watch a few more police brutality videos. This is what's over the top. And I'm sure it happens more often than you like to pretend it does.

now i could understand if the cops were beating the tar out of him... but they were only giving him a few jobs to get him to comply...(what were the cops supposed to do? just stand there and wait? say pretty please with sugar on top?)

Pretty much, yes. Have you ever heard that patience is a virtue? We need compassionate people to fill the uniforms, not roughneck brownshirts. Instead of being patient, they'll gladly beat your head in with a baton just so they can get back to doing nothing quicker. Cops were not always like this. They actually used to be patient and even able to handle mouthy people without getting upset and taking it personally and having to whip their johnson out and start showing everybody how much of a "man" (boy) they are. Not to mention they could have just waited for the guy to get done running around and not have made a scene. He wasn't running around with a gun and no one was in immediate danger. It's not like he could have easily gotten out of the stadium without being confronted by security and given a ticket or something. They run out and tackle and start beating on the guy because their hearts are not in the right place, and so they get the tar beat out of them too in return.
edit on 26-5-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

They were hardly beating the hell outta the guy. Notice the players come in to the cops defense at the beginning when the drunken fans stormed the field? They know the cops were protecting THEM. So it's ok for drunken fans to beat up cops in many of these folks minds. Rather disturbing if you ask me. Who knows what the hell that guy was going to do. He woulda let em cuff his ass then he wouldn't have to poke him with the stick.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join