It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that Texans are not horrible hateful people.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Scientific social experiments always trumps political propaganda. They expect them all to be homophobe and are then surprised when they actually stand up for whats right. Great experiment

edit on 26-5-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

Surprised when they stand up for whats right? What, other than political propaganda and the rise of political correctness, gave way for gays to be openly accepted? They haven't been up until the past 5-10 years or so.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I loved this video.

I always thought it was a shame that Texans got a bad rap. Sure, there are ignorant people living in Texas but there are ignorant people all over the planet. I think the issue is just that Texas has a tendency to attract some really terrible politicians, and that negatively affects the state's public image.

It's just like how people assume California is some fairy-land full of liberal hippies and stoners. I've met plenty of die-hard conservatives from Cali. It's just a matter of misplaced perception.

I think the most important point to be made here is that there are decent people everywhere. Just because the intolerant ones speak louder, doesn't mean there are more of them.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by graphuto

What, other than political propaganda and the rise of political correctness, gave way for gays to be openly accepted? They haven't been up until the past 5-10 years or so.

Simple humanity and understanding is what is leading to homosexuals being openly accepted. There's really no excuse not to accept them, other than fear and intolerance.

I'm not sure how old you are, but gay rights have been an open issue since at least the 60's...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by graphuto
Surprised when they stand up for whats right? What, other than political propaganda and the rise of political correctness, gave way for gays to be openly accepted? They haven't been up until the past 5-10 years or so.

The behavior of those people is not motivated by political correctness but by standing up for others to counter injustice. And people have not only been doing that in the past 10 years but since ages.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join