It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that Texans are not horrible hateful people.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I love this video. The cafe is just a bit down the road from me and is in a very conservative part of the DFW Metroplex. Farmers Branch is th city that was trying to mandate proof of citizenship in order to rent a dwelling, after all.

I find this video to be a remarkably clear vision of the way Texans approach this kind of open bigotry and hatred.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

That may not offend some Texans but there's a whole lot of other stuff that would have them empty rounds on you. I for one don't support such but everyone to their own beliefs.

And yes Texans are not bad people, Some but not most I would say.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Who ever said Texans where horrible people?
I love Texas and it's southern hostility...i mean hospitality.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Us Calgarians are used to speaking with Texans off and on all day, due to most Oil HQ's in North America being in Dallas and Calgary... Nothing but the best kind of people, IMO.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Reply to post by goos3

You must not have been reading ATS the last few years

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

I'm aware of the publicity Texas gets.
I was born and raised in Texas.
Texans are friendly...as long as your white.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
That waitress has balls....... well figuratively. I couldn't imagine speaking that way to people, acting or not. How'd she keep a straight face?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire
That waitress has balls....... well figuratively. I couldn't imagine speaking that way to people, acting or not. How'd she keep a straight face?

No kidding.. She did a pretty decent job with the acting.. Kind of a dangerous act to do, though.. something like that could backfire and get her hurt.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I work in Farmer's Branch. You see the problem is that this is disturbing their meal. Don't mess with a Texan and his food-time.

Na, seriously I think everyone would agree that public flogging about life choices isn't the right way to handle this. There's a time and place for everything. Meal time isn't one of them, cause we got fried okra to deal with.

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Kind of a dangerous act to do, though.. something like that could backfire and get her hurt.

Not too many guys around here would hit a lady or abuse her. She didn't have anything to worry about other than someone yelling at her possibly.
edit on 25-5-2011 by dbates because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I hate how the rest of the country seems to think the south is ass backwards. Old people are more intolerant than southerners - in general. Notice the one guy who gave a thumbs up to the waitress was an old man. Those of us in the south who are young and mid-aged would be more tolerant - and we are firecrackers - That's why so many of them came to those women's defense. Southerners are quite friendly, but aren't afraid of conflict either, and will bring it on themselves in the defense of others.

My grandpa would have flipped over seeing as gay family in public if he were still alive. Oh and he's not from the south, he's from england. He's just from that older generation where it was not as accepted.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I think as the older folks keep dying off in Texas, the more Texas is becoming 'Middle America', and very mixed of cultures & attitudes. (or at least in the more urban areas) I rarely, if ever see the stereotypes portrayed in the media here, and I live in Dallas.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Wow, That's awesome.

Actually put a tear in my eye for what that guy wrote. Noone should be judged for their sexuality.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
No one should be judged for the choices they make? Interesting.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matt6320
Wow, That's awesome.

Actually put a tear in my eye for what that guy wrote. Noone should be judged for their sexuality.

Your right, who are we to judge?
Leave it to God.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

Umm well I disagree, I'll give you the best reason to judge people, So you can pick out you're friends wisely.
An ancient Chinese proverb: If you want to tell someones character, Look at the people they befriend.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by goos3

That is ignorant.

I'm sure if this was a black and white couple, or any sort of race related situation, the exact same people would have stood up to that waitress.

I've done it many times myself. My friends have. People who are raised right act right.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

Haha, I think you're replying to the wrong person!

I totally agree with what you're saying!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

Whoops

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Scientific social experiments always trumps political propaganda. They expect them all to be homophobe and are then surprised when they actually stand up for whats right. Great experiment

edit on 26-5-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join