It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient ruins discovered in California.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Hello Everyone. I found this video containing some information to some ruins found in California north of the city of Fresno. I am not sure the origins of the ruins but it seemed interesting to view.

So what do you guys think? Native Americans had something to do with the construction of these ruins or was it made by a much older group of indigenous people. Hope some people here can solve this mystery.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
How many megalithic stone structures have you ever heard of concerning native americans? I haven't heard of any...ever. So my bet is on an older civilization.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
If only they gave the coordinates. I doubt this is in california....

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
We know now that the Maya advanced far beyond what we thought was their domain. Far more advanced as a sea faring people than we gave them credit for at first. There's Mayan ruins in the middle of Puerto Rico... That fact alone renders the idea that they expanded north into California quite feasible.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
We know now that the Maya advanced far beyond what we thought was their domain. Far more advanced as a sea faring people than we gave them credit for at first. There's Mayan ruins in the middle of Puerto Rico... That fact alone renders the idea that they expanded north into California quite feasible.

If I lived that far north of California then I would make a trip to see these ruins myself for close observation. There are many hidden ruins in the world just waiting to get discovered. After all this world is quite old so you never know what you are bound to find.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
If only they gave the coordinates. I doubt this is in california....

Reading the YouTube comments, they state it is in Fresno County... given they found it on Google Earth, I can't imagine it would be too hard to find the coordinates.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickyD
How many megalithic stone structures have you ever heard of concerning native americans? I haven't heard of any...ever. So my bet is on an older civilization.

the video quality isn't great, but I didn't see anything megalithic at the site. even the tall standing stones have clear lines where several smaller slabs were joined together. add to that the mortar and stone wall and we're looking at something perhaps a couple thousand years old, if that.

not to downplay the find, OP. megalithic or not, it looks cool. that large, slanted wall looks like it could be the top part of a much larger structure. which would be awesome. an American Giza?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RicoMarston

Either way all the native american stuff I've looked into and learned about had nothing to do with stone structures...most of them were really mobile and the ones in the South West used mud. Nothing like what I saw in that video.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
That sorta reminds me of a fort. Could be left over from the mexicans or spanish?

my .02 cents.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It doesn't look ancient to me at all?
The wall looks exactly like all the walls in our town, some of which are one or two hundred years old, most of them younger. The style of masonry is the same.

The "megaliths" just look like remnants of ......copper mining facilities!

I'm sorry if I'm not being more enthousiastic- I'd love it if we found ancient ruins in my home state! I feel a bit disappointed.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RicoMarston

Originally posted by RickyD

the video quality isn't great, but I didn't see anything megalithic at the site. even the tall standing stones have clear lines where several smaller slabs were joined together. add to that the mortar and stone wall and we're looking at something perhaps a couple thousand years old, if that.

not to downplay the find, OP. megalithic or not, it looks cool. that large, slanted wall looks like it could be the top part of a much larger structure. which would be awesome. an American Giza?

I didn't see anything unusual at all. It looks like an old outpost. The walls look like the kind of walls that chain gang prisoners were forced to make all over the country. There was a jail there. They probable put prisoners to work building and maintaning the copper mine. Not unusual at all to me.

I did think the art was weird, not my style at all, creeped me out a little. Still good find, fun place to explore.

S&F

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

I'm thinking an old Spanish fortification or outpost of some sort. The Spanish built similar structures all over the new world and California belonged to Spain for a couple hundred years before the territory became part of the US. However, Fresno wasn't established until after the territory became part of the US. So who knows...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a2d385b97d24.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 25-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: for historical content

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It looks very much like an old Spanish prison. Very cool find SL!
S+F

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Would it have been possible for these discoverers to go over and knock on the doors of the people that live in those houses next to these ruins and ask them what they are?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This being in California might just be an old movie set.

Seems I remember a big deal being made over the finding of C.B. Demille's old Cleopatra set.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
There are no ancient ruins in the U.S. We are the first civilized people to have ever lived here.

Seriously though. These don't look ancient by any means. I'm thinking 19 century. Could be a bit older as Slayer and others have said. Interesting find OP. S&F.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I'm thinking an old Spanish fortification or outpost of some sort. The Spanish built similar structures all over the new world and California belonged to Spain for a couple hundred years before the territory became part of the US. However, Fresno wasn't established until after the territory became part of the US. So who knows...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a2d385b97d24.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 25-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: for historical content

I was wondering the same thing. With the gold rush of those times, i'm sure they made some fortifications in certain parts of California. Maybe someday I shall pay these ruins a visit to see if its the real deal.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Old facility probably first used in the late 19th century and modernized some time later with rebar reinforced concrete.

I guess these explorers couldn't just ask the people in the house right next to it what it was?

Nothing ancient at all

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I agree with the theory that is just an old outpost as well. I live in AZ and am used to finding old mining camps and forts in the middle of no where. They def look 90% the same as the old mining camps found around the superstition mountains.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

In my opinion that was a mine. 36°54'04.13" N 119°40'07.15" W on google earth. You can see the run off about 1000 feet south from the holding pond area.

Why would anybody be surprised if the county has no records of buildings that might have been on this site?

Looks like they need to do a lot more cleanup than burial of the waste.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join