It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Obama Justice Department Green Lights John Edwards Prosecution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Remember John Edwards? He was John Kerry's VP running mate. He was foling around on his wife while she had cancer.

The DOJ has decided to prosecute him for election law violations.

The Obama administration's Justice Department has given federal prosecutors the go ahead to prosecute former Senator and presidential candidate John Edwards, ABC reported late Tuesday.

Edwards is aware he is facing an indictment and is considering his options, ABC's Jonathan Karl reported.

Federal prosecutors were reportedly nearing a decision in the case against the former Democratic Senator from North Carolina as of February. Federal prosecutors have been working on a case alleging Edwards violated election laws as he tried to cover up his affair with campaign videographer Rielle Hunter.

tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

When you have a falling out from the "in" crowd,those percs that pay for the mistress,need to be reckoned with.

I wonder how many other high ranking politicians have used campaign money for illicit affairs?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Funny how the administration has the nerve to prosecute this guy when they are all guilty of FAR worse. I wonder what Edwards did to "piss" them off that we don't know about.. Not included in some scam, etc? Like mob rules, if ya try to make money on the side and not include your "family" then your in trouble. Oh wait they are the mob.

Deebo
edit on 25-5-2011 by Deebo because: add

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I wonder what Edwards did to "piss" them off that we don't know about

Probably had birth certificate concerns. Someone put him in his place.
edit on 2011/5/25 by SteveR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
In past generations, Mr. Edward's private life would have been just that, private. Now, with politicians' penchant for displaying their morality as a peacock that puts on a show, we are forced to witness them publically exhibited in virtual stocks. That being said, election illegalities should be investigated and prosecuted.

IMO what was Mr. Edward's true crime was talking at the highest level in public of the "Two Americas". He opened and exposed the wound that had been developing for decades. As wealth from a globalized economy flowed into this country, not all would share. The top 2% would do quite well, thank you, taking away wealth from the rest.

“John Kerry and I believe that we shouldn't have two different economies in America: one for people who are set for life, they know their kids and their grand-kids are going to be just fine; and then one for most Americans, people who live paycheck to paycheck...

“So let me give you some specifics. First, we can create good-paying jobs in this country again. We're going to get rid of tax cuts for companies who are outsourcing your jobs... [applause] and, instead, we're going to give tax breaks to American companies that are keeping jobs right here in America...

“Well, let me tell you how we're going to pay for it. And I want to be very clear about this. We are going to keep and protect the tax cuts for 98 percent of Americans -- 98 percent. We're going to roll back -- we're going to roll back the tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans. And we're going to close corporate loopholes...

Mr. Edwards has been critized improperly IMO for his being wealthy and being of the "other America", as a sign of hypocrisy. President Franklin D Roosevelt was wealthy and did much for those of the "other America", but that was at a time when there was still noblise oblige. To be wealthy was not necessarily hypocritical.

FDR did something about the Two Americas. Mr. Edward's chance was thwarted and thrashed. Hush, do not speak of the Two Americas, for if you do, you go up against the corrupting influence of corporations and the politicians they control. ... "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." (Dom Helder Camara)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Mr. Edwards has been critized improperly IMO for his being wealthy and being of the "other America", as a sign of hypocrisy. President Franklin D Roosevelt was wealthy and did much for those of the "other America", but that was at a time when there was still noblise oblige. To be wealthy was not necessarily hypocritical.

Edwards can point to the fact that he earned his fortune. He was a trial lawyer, iirc. Some people accuse him of being an ambulance chaser, but that's to be expected.

Politicians need to be wealthy these days, just to run. Both Obama and Romney have stated that they expect to have to raise close to $1 billion for the next race. Talk about disenfranchised constituents!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

.... Franklin D Roosevelt was wealthy and did much for those of the "other America", but that was at a time when there was still noblise oblige....

ROTFLMAO

YOU have GOT to be kidding FDR is the S.O.B. who STOLE gold from American citizens and GAVE it to the BANKS!

FDR is the S.O.B. who threatened to stuff the Supreme Court so the "Nine Old Men" would leave alone his unconstitutional NEW DEAL laws that EXTENDED the depression.

The Supreme Court rolled over and up held the USDA prosecuting a farmer for using wheat grown on his farm for baking bread and feeding his livestock under the Commerce Clause.

This is the SAME Supreme Court Decision that will eventually allow the FDA to regulate YOUR HOME GARDEN!

...Ignorance about the law’s broad reach (and how it will be construed by the courts) has thwarted opposition to the bill, which will likely pass Congress. For example, a newspaper claims the bill “doesn’t regulate home gardens.” The newspaper probably assumed that was true because the bill, like most federal laws, only purports to reach activities that affect “interstate commerce.” To an uninformed layperson or journalist, that “sounds as if it might not reach local and mom-and-pop operators at all.” (The bill’s sponsor, Rep. Rosa DeLauro, has sought to forestall opposition to her bill by falsely claiming that that “the Constitution’s commerce clause prevents the federal government from regulating commerce that doesn’t cross state lines.”)

But lawyers familiar with our capricious legal system know better. The Supreme Court ruled in Wickard v. Filburn (1942) that even home gardens (in that case, a farmer’s growing wheat for his own consumption) are subject to federal laws that regulate interstate commerce. Economists and scholars have criticized this decision, but it continues to be cited and followed in Supreme Court rulings, such as those applying federal anti-drug laws to consumption of even home-grown medical marijuana. Indeed, many court decisions allow Congress to define as “interstate commerce” even non-commercial conduct that doesn’t cross state lines... www.examiner.com...

As far as John Edwards himself goes, he seems like a fairly decent human being although I do not like his politics. I think he probably found out too late that politics is a cesspool and as H.L. Mencken said : 'The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.'

[I plead major ignorance on recent Russian events, so please keep that in mind]

John Edwards and Jack Kemp Co-Chair Council Task Force on Russian-American Relations . This was a Council on Foreign Relations sponsored Independent task force in May of 2005.

John Edwards and Jack Kemp Co-Chair Council Task Force on Russian-American Relations

Russia's Wrong Direction What the United States Can and Should Do

Prepared Testimony before the House Foreign Affairs Committee

As I recall Putin kicked the Central Bankers out of RUSSIA . Under Putin Russia has done much better than it did under Yeltsin or it is now doing under his successor. GRAPH

putinwatcher.blogspot.com...

....In late 1991 Yeltsin turned to the advice of Western economists, and Western institutions such as the IMF, the World Bank, and the U.S. Treasury Department, who had developed a standard policy recipe for transition economies in the late 1980s. This policy recipe came to be known as the "Washington Consensus" ....

Some economists argue that in the 1990s Russia suffered an economic downturn more severe than the United States or Germany had undergone six decades earlier in the Great Depression.[10] Russian commentators and even some Western economists, such as Marshall Goldman, widely blamed Yeltsin's Western-backed economic program for the country's disastrous economic performance in the 1990s....

en.wikipedia.org...

I wonder if what was going on in Russia while he was co-chair of that task force may have had something to do with what is happening to Edwards now.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
While they are doing the 'LOOKIE LOOKIE HERE SHINY!!'

What is the other hand doing?

top topics

join