It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu says Israel will give up some land for peace

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Israel is prepared to make "painful compromises" for peace with the Palestinians, including the handover of land they seek for a state, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told Congress on Tuesday.

Palestinians swiftly dismissed the Israeli leader's terms for a deal as placing more obstacles in diplomacy's way, casting doubt as to whether frozen peace talks would resume anytime soon.

Netanyahu explicitly suggested for the first time that Israel would cede some Jewish settlements in the West Bank, although others would be annexed under any future agreement.

Well this is suprising. Will they actually do this? Isnt this kind of what Palestine wanted all along?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I think Palestinians want more than just land... they don't want jews to exist. Something I find very sad in this day and age. You know, to be quite honest, I don't really understand the whole issue. If someone can enlighten me about the entire conflict briefly then I would very much appreciate it.

I'm sure it has to deal with religion. Yet, were in the 21st century... isn't this kinda off stuff getting old?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Hi There!

Yes, Israel are going to concede and give up Auntie Mabel's vegi patch

So sad all of it. I went to Israel and stayed a month about 3 years back. So beautiful there and the Jewish people are amazing. So, too, them beautiful People of Palestine!

I am going to be very truthful here and very candid. I can't really see a way out of this for any of them. It started with the creation of the new Israeli state, which was forced to happen because of what happened to the Jews in Europe. Now it has just gone full circle like back in the days of Jericho with Joshua having to slay the inhabitants of Canaan to create the first Israel. That was brought about by YAHWEH Himself, the Great I AM, who told the Israelites to go into the Land.

So, was it GOD sanctioned, this destiny of the Jews to have their Promised Land? The Jews and Christians believed it was. Jews still believe it is and many Christians, too.

Then again did YAHWEH sanction this latest claim upon The Promised Land??? Jews might argue HE did, Palestinians will argue ALLAH did not.

A total and profound ancient disagreement!!! Me personally, as I see it in our own time, if I were a Jew I would think perhaps my Palestinian brothers and sisters need a home, too. If I were Palestinian I would be thinking hey my brothers and sisters from the desert way back when need a home because Europe decimated them.

I think it is the only way foward personally, Man, I would be happy to live next door to a Hindu, Muslim, Budhist, Christian or anybody else. I like diversity and I am not The Judge who says you got to do it my way on my terms.

Peace be upon Israel and Palestine, Shalom Salaam!!!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Secondly, does anyone see a peace agreement happening in the near future?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by satorian986

Hiya!

IMO a peace agreement will come, but it will be broken shortly afterwards...quite deliberately! But that is just my take on it because I believe The Book Of St. John's Revelation (Am I crazy for believing that, was St. John crazy to write that?)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
^ No your not crazy for believing that. I also believe it and that's why I have a feeling about the recent news of Israel and Palestine. I'm not necessarily worried about it - I mean I think it needs to come about. But what I am worried about is Obama. Reason being is because I think he will be behind it if it happens or the reason it happens. Think about it - A muslim president speaks a lot to the Middle East and quite frankly I think he supports the Arab world and not a thought of his goes towards the Jewish state. Just look at how he treats their Prime Minister for proof of that.

So, if it does come about (especially if it happens while he is campaigning for re-election) he will be known as the one who helped forged their peace agreement. Then what will we have after that peace is broken several years later if he is in his second term of office? We will have an Arab supporting President that will blame Israel for the broken peace agreement and will allow things to get out of hand and possibly back the Palestinians with military force. It doesn't look to good to me. But hey, who knows. I'm probably way wrong on this one.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The sticking point is and has always been East Jerusalem. Israel will not even consider relinquishing control over the captured portion, and Palestinians wont accept anything without that, since they want it as their capital.

I think in order for any peace to go forward, they shoul look back and previous agreements that categorized Jerusalem as an international city.
edit on 24-5-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join