It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible found to be mistranslated

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Researches from Canada claim that the Bible has been grossly mistranslated in the past -

ireport.cnn.com...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I don't even need to read the article to say

NO FLIRKING SHNIT.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Wow way to go Canada!
Potentially curing most cancers (DCA); finding errors in bible translations; Decriminalizing harmless herbal medicines

Proud to be True North Strong and Free!

link   

link   
Of coarse, it was re-written to say just what TPTB want it to say so it will go along with their plan...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Interesting, but it won't phase Christians a bit. It's all been said and done a thousand times over; and you wouldn't convince one to turn on their faith if you took a time machine back to Jesus time and found him trippin on shrooms smokin weed with his disciples just tryin to have a good time. Either you believe or you don't, and you come to either conclusion based on experiences, or from inherent feelings that tell you it's the 'truth'. Studies like this won't do much to disprove anything Christians believe in, so I just say let people be. Everybody's free to believe in what they want so long as they don't force it upon others.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by keldas

Wicked man...

S&F

Can't wait to read it now

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo
I don't even need to read the article to say

NO FLIRKING SHNIT.

I second that emotion. I don't trust the folks that Canonized it, and I don't trust any group that re-translated it ever since.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This is the "Self Defining Hebrew" group. I have always found their theories and work to be quite interesting, although very very controversial. Good read though.

Interesting that CNN let someone do an iReport on them.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The research group that were interviewed on CNN have quite an interesting web site -

www.thechronicleproject.org

Check out the books on interest they have translated on the left, and also for those that are interested in ancient Hebrew they have a good dictionary.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
Of coarse, it was re-written to say just what TPTB want it to say so it will go along with their plan...

Oh please give it rest unless the TPTB plan was hatched a couple of thousand years ago and is only now coming to a head!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hebrew to greek,
Greek to latin
Latin to English

All over a period of 2000 years. Mix in a hefty does of church control (so they keep power and wealth and an easy life ie don't have to WORK for a living! - simple greed and laziness) and you have the makings of a bad novel!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
i have a bad feeling about this. Cant trust them

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Oh dear, quite a bit of talk about 'supreme ones', 'celestials' and 'illumination' in the first book 'The Chronicle'.

The illuminati believers will have a field day with that one!

Just a snippet....

v1 To chronicle the beginning of the supreme ones production with our celestials and with the planet Earth. v2 And the planet Earth had existed for a long time without attention and being of note. And darkness covered the salt water ocean. And the supreme ones drew (in from an outside source) air over the face of that water. v3 And so declared the supreme ones,"Let that which illuminates exist and that which illuminates occurred. v4 And the supreme ones perceived with that which illuminates and as so were satisfied with the results. And with this action the supreme ones separated between that which illuminates and the darkness. v5 And the supreme ones named that which illuminates,"to arise" and to darkness called by the name,"to carry away". And so existed sunset and then sunrise and these two times are now united to be known as "The Day to Unite"

+14 more 
posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The Bible has been over translated, under translated, mistranslated, taken out of context, twisted, tortured, and burned...

Funny thing is, the ones that don't believe a single word of it seem almost transfixed by it, almost an obsession with disproving it.

So, as a mistranslation... Instead of loving my neighbor...I should hate my neighbor?

Instead of forgiving someone that transgressed against me, I should go out and kill and dismember them?

Instead of being generous...I should be selfish? Not humble but proud? Not trying to ascend to a state of spiritual ascenency but wallow in worldly filth?

I don't understand. So...in some eyes, Jesus was just a wacked out pre-hippy spouting feel good stuff...OK. I should just drop his ideas...faith, hope, charity, love?

From what I have read and studied from many different sources, the Bible is pretty accurate historically....accurate geographically....accurate in ancient histories and politics.... it offers some good advice in leading a productive life..ie charity, frugality, generousity, forgiveness, not carrying too heavy a spiritual and emotional burdens, loving people, respecting your mate or spouse, loving and guiding your children,...sound like good ideas to me.

As such...the question is in the miracles and the spiritual greatness of it's subjects...Moses, Abraham, Jesus. Was Jesus the Son of God? I believe so...you don't have to...I love you anyway. I respect you...and only ask as much from you.

Where you and I agree, is hoe MAN has DISTORTED the teachings of Jesus and the Bible... twisted the words to mean something they didn't for their own benefit. I agree 100% that those people that do, should be held accountable and shown to be the charlatans that they are.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by keldas

Hmmm. I'll have to do some more looking at this, but so far doesn't really look crazy. Still has Adam, Noah, "supreme ones" ('elohim').

Looks like it might make things more expansive and detailed, but doesn't appear to be changing much. Great find though, will keep an eye on this and S&F for the OP.

Appreciated!

Sidenote:
Team Canada's got a couple hotties on it, as well. Check out the website.
edit on 5/24/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by keldas
The research group that were interviewed on CNN have quite an interesting web site -

www.thechronicleproject.org

Check out the books on interest they have translated on the left, and also for those that are interested in ancient Hebrew they have a good dictionary.

I highly recommend this website for the real translation of the bible. Besides as a Gnostic and someone who believes in new age ideology, the new translation makes a ton of sense. For instance the 10 commandments translated do not speak so much as to what an individual does that is sinful, but how those acts destroys the soul if indulged in. Those acts whether in thought or in action are what creates corruption and lies. One of the 10 commandments dealing with adultery actually states that a person should not take any oaths of authority and break them. To me what this means is that those people in power who take a oath to say uphold the constitution or justice, should not break them in any way as they would be spreading corruption and lies. So much for the adultery interpretation.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by keldas

Well now..I felt as though I was reading a different book.... My grandmother would not have approved!!!

edit on 24-5-2011 by ellieN because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I have a friend that is currently engaged in an enormous argument over the bile. One has three masters in theology, the other, many more degrees. They are auguring things down to the nitty gritty such as preterism, etc. When you have to dig that deep about passages in the bible, I am beginning to believe my belief....which is.........the bible is nothing more than an historical novel.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Obviously this miss-translated bible thing has been spoken of on a few bbc documentaries recently. I'd still like to have a peep at a properly translated version though.

Previous poster is right, it won't make any difference to christians in general. The bible is a story book for social contol, thats about it.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cowgirlstraitup7
I have a friend that is currently engaged in an enormous argument over the bile. One has three masters in theology, the other, many more degrees. They are auguring things down to the nitty gritty such as preterism, etc. When you have to dig that deep about passages in the bible, I am beginning to believe my belief....which is.........the bible is nothing more than an historical novel.

Before anyone starts arguing over the Bible and what it means you first have to ensure that you have the correct translation. Then you also have to put that translation into the context of the time period the Bible was written to try and understand the meaning.

No good trying to put modern interpretations and morals on to something which happened over a couple of thousand years ago.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join