It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible found to be mistranslated

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Same as the interview but thank you.
So ok i was right.

Yeah so far i find what they are saying to be hopeful at best and im sure they can do the same thing with Egyptian glyphs.

It just seems they are going backwards until they get to the point when they will understand how to translate it then they will have to work back to the same point. Like there going in the wrong direction to get back to the same point i guess.

Maybe i am just understanding the original process (or concept of it) better then they are seeing it?

Who knows but it is still interesting non the less.

S&F

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Ho Akragon - long day and I'm fixing to crash, but would be obliged if you might be able to post a link to what you're mentioning here...I didn't get a chance to look through much of this earlier but what bit I saw didn't really look that earth shaking.

Any direction you or anyone else could provide is appreciated, and I'll follow up more tomorrow. Take care.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
but.. but.. but..

God's defending the bible. He inspired the writers. When it was put together, he influenced which books were chosen. And he waved his hand over all the translations to make them as accurate as possible. It's all because of him that his word is still around even.

He apparently doesn't spread that influence to stop Christianity from dividing into thousands of different sects believing different things. That isn't part of protecting his holy word.

*expected gnostic christian response, current bible translations must be accurate because it's god's will*

-
Seriously though, I will definitely be reading through that site. That's very cool.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I cannot understand how anyone could think that the true word of God being revealed after all these millenia would somehow destroy Christian faith, or any faith based on Yahweh God! This Chronicle Project does not take away our God, it reveals Him for who He really is and the things He really said! This is a true gift, in my eyes!

Those people that are calling God an alien and extraterrestrial are misled. They have been well-conditioned to believe that the pictures painted and so ingrained in our society are "extra-terrestrial aliens" from other planets. I cannot believe on a conspiracy site with so many intelligent *awake* people that so few realize how manipulated you have been. Manipulated by those who don't want the truth seen. Manipulated into accepting as fact that we are just waiting for "disclosure" of these aliens. Manipulated into believing the Govt. will be honest when they tell you which "aliens" are good and which are evil. Manipulated by being shown "spiritual beings" and being told that they can't be anything but from other worlds.

Most of all, manipulated into believing that there is no spiritual world, no God and no Satan, no demons and no angels. They have certainly done their job well for a very long time. This newly revealed info about the TRUE word of God is a gift, one I have waited for for years.

Those that are seeking truth, I mean truth about EVERYTHING, this is for you. It is a tool to help open your eyes, and a tool for gaining wisdom.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by Akragon

Ho Akragon - long day and I'm fixing to crash, but would be obliged if you might be able to post a link to what you're mentioning here...I didn't get a chance to look through much of this earlier but what bit I saw didn't really look that earth shaking.

Any direction you or anyone else could provide is appreciated, and I'll follow up more tomorrow. Take care.

no problem

www.thechronicleproject.org...

Locked in my favorites...

i can't wait to see what becomes of this little situation...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Even if proven completely and utterly fabricated, made up, and all that.. the "believers" will just say, "well it's legit because it was God's will that it turned out the way it did... none of us could possibly understand the mind games God plays on us."

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

Technically it would show that many beliefs in the christian faith are wrong according to the original texts...

for instance...

v1 To chronicle the beginning of the supreme ones production with our celestials
and with the planet Earth.
v2 And the planet Earth had existed for a long time without attention and being of
note.

This shows the earth existed long before humans did, not a few days before as many christians believe....

Clearly Earth wasn't created in 7 days....

And thats just the first two verses..,

Im not saying this will destroy the christian faith, but it might put a more logical spin on some of the fairytales.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing.
~ Peace ~

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo
I don't even need to read the article to say

NO FLIRKING SHNIT.

My thoughts exactly.
But then again, there's still people in the world who think the moon gives off its own light just like the sun and that technology is some kind of satanic witchery. Just today I heard someone proclaim that Europe is a country, not a continent.

The world is stupid, it's no surprise at all that people don't realize the real bible wasn't written in present-day english with the exact same words.
edit on 25-5-2011 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
A well educated person I known for 20 years says there are over 4,000 known translation errors.

What I find interesting is that it isn't the mundane things like someone else here said.. Love my brother.. Hate my brother..it is some important differences.. things that give a different perception entirely.

I don't know the original word, but it meant Master of the Craft.. and after translation became Carpenter. Something completely different to the original meaning.

Also, most Bible readers do not understand Pesher, a system of communicating information to those who understand the system while those who do not will only hear a story. Which then allows us to realise that "For those with ears to hear", or, "with eyes to see" means something along the lines of.."For those who understand Pesher, listen up, I am about to tell you something".

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I don't think that changes the message that is REALLY important... I mean, I think common sense and natural Godly love can tell us that some of the messages of the bible don't seem to follow up the main thought. Especially with the homosexual agenda. I just don't see how that would all add up.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

I cannot understand how anyone could think that the true word of God being revealed after all these millenia would somehow destroy Christian faith, or any faith based on Yahweh God! This Chronicle Project does not take away our God, it reveals Him for who He really is and the things He really said! This is a true gift, in my eyes!

Those people that are calling God an alien and extraterrestrial are misled. They have been well-conditioned to believe that the pictures painted and so ingrained in our society are "extra-terrestrial aliens" from other planets. I cannot believe on a conspiracy site with so many intelligent *awake* people that so few realize how manipulated you have been. Manipulated by those who don't want the truth seen. Manipulated into accepting as fact that we are just waiting for "disclosure" of these aliens. Manipulated into believing the Govt. will be honest when they tell you which "aliens" are good and which are evil. Manipulated by being shown "spiritual beings" and being told that they can't be anything but from other worlds.
The first part was well said, but the second part is ridiculous. We have not been "well-conditioned" or "manipulated". It's hard to find people that believe in Ancient Alien theory actually. People who believe the bible depicts real angels and demons are conditioned. It took me a long time before I felt Ancient Alien Theory was correct, but I did so through lots of research and analysis of different religions, NOT simply by believing what the masses of people believe.

edit on 25-5-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by keldas

It took 3 years to find that the original Hebrew was mistranslated? If that is all it is, why didn't some old Jew figure this out long ago?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
re: Op:

The nature of translating one source to another inevitably begets some "mistranslation" as you put it.

I, for one, am WAY more troubled by the intentional manipulation of all 'mores' that are enforced in this life, in the name of 'god'.

In summary:
who gives a **** if the bible is 'mistranslated'. Does 'mistranslation' matter at all when the source material was corrupt to begin with?

Do you all really believe that the bible was written by people who actually knew Jesus?

Is there any objective evidence that the bible's version of events is the correct one?

Does your faith in god equal your faith in anything else that is irrational and unbelievable?

Have you ever believed in anything, and later found it to be false?

How do you know that your faith in god or jesus won't have the same fate?

You don't.

The only answer is that there is no answer. Please, for the love of your fellow human just acknowledge that the only thing that matters is peace, justice, and truth. The world would be a lot better off if that were the case.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

i find your post offensive. i dont see why it has not been terminated by staff..

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I watch the video and realize that they do not understand Hebrew. The girl Michelle cannot pronounce Aleph. Anyone who knows anything about Hebrew sees right through this. In their newsletters, they admit that they are rushing through this process and do not really get what they are doing. A person only needs to know Hebrew morphology to understand how they are producing intentional error. It doesn't help that the entire crew looks like the cast from the movie Underworld.

Originally posted by Jax27
Even if proven completely and utterly fabricated, made up, and all that.. the "believers" will just say, "well it's legit because it was God's will that it turned out the way it did... none of us could possibly understand the mind games God plays on us."

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
And there is, of course, this famous discovery....

Archeologists near Mount Sinai have discovered what is believed to be a missing page from the Bible. The page is currently being carbon-dated in Bonne. If genuine, it belongs at the beginning of the Bible and is believed to read,

"To my darling Candy. All characters portrayed within this book are fictitious and any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental."

(creds to Grant Naylor )

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by keldas
Researches from Canada claim that the Bible has been grossly mistranslated in the past -

ireport.cnn.com...

so what's new?
unless an average brain is crippled by religious dogma, it goes almost without saying that that book is mistranslated, misedited.,... there is heaps of prove.

but then again, those hardcore believers don't care for facts. trying to debate them is an utter waste of time

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Could someone please copy and paste the "first of the books compiled into genesis" for me on this page.
I cant open any of these PDF files from thechronicle......

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I personally wish half as many people would spend half the amount of time researching our Constitution and how much of it is being mistranslated.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join