It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trust Issues: How many lies are too many?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I have a personal question about Trusting someone blindly? Why do humans allow people to lie to them YET come back for more lies? Maybe some people dont mind liars but I am sick of them creating emotions that destroy health. Thank you for your replies!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Buford2

Well looking at your user id, you apparently love reading about lies!!! Having said that, people have 24 hour memories in this world....After 24 hours, it is over and done with and nobody cares the outcome!! Look at Japan, the worst devistation that has happened in a long time....It has kinda died...NO???

Chernobyl is still talked about to this day and Japan is forgotten about already!! People suck....Get used to it

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Not sure what you mean about my ID but it is ok.

Yes people have very short memories but that has nothing to do with my question.

Why do we continue to deal with liars when we know they are LIARS!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
One lie is one too many in my opinion.

If your word is no good then you are not trustworthy.

And as to why we allow people to keep telling us lies?

You can trust no one so that only leaves liars or potential liars to talk with or have dealings with.

Diagonese searched the world over and never found an honest man.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Buford2

Sorry man, I thought your name was Benjamin Fulford simplified.....My bad if it isn't....

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Buford2

i don't know why i keep going back to a liar.... maybe it's for the hope one day truth will come out.... or the faith in that all people are initially good.... or maybe we believe their intentions are good.... i have asked myself the same question too.... i keep going back to a liar and being disappointed every time..... now i feel alone because the resentment is so high i can't seem to get myself back to the right state of mind...... you're probably talking about a more generic question here on ats..... but i just had to reply because i am living it and i honestly don't know why.... when is enough enough? i guess when i want to face reality.... and that the reality hurts more than the hope/let down..... but if i keep believing it won't hurt as much as the reality of the situation......

so maybe here on ATS people are so miserable with their own lives that hopes of doom and gloom is all they have to look forward too, because they feel and hope that it will be better than their current situation

edit on 24-5-2011 by 11azerus11 because: typo

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buford2
I have a personal question about Trusting someone blindly? Why do humans allow people to lie to them YET come back for more lies? Maybe some people dont mind liars but I am sick of them creating emotions that destroy health. Thank you for your replies!

Actually, it has a lot to do with a persons perspective and/or frame of reference in how they perceive others as compared to themselves. Usually, the more honest of a person you are, the easier it is for others to lie to you and get away with it. The reason is because we all tend to assume other people are similar to us in how they think and how they act, but this isn't always true and sometimes is just dead wrong, but makes sense since without more understanding of how others think and behave, what else do you have to go on. You know what I mean???

This is why it's more difficult for a cheater to cheat another cheater or a liar to slip a lie past another liar. If you're an honest person you tend to assume others are too, until you learn otherwise. The way you can combat this is to always be aware of it consciously and learn to read peoples body language and patterns better and develop it as a skill rather than something that is understood by instinct.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Your intention is hard for me to understand because your questions are very broad, but I feel you are sincere. It sounds like something specific might be bothering you. Sometimes it seems easier to flee from the specific into the general, but in my experience, although it can be a lot of fun, it seldom really solves anything. Does that make any sense?

I guess what I am saying is: to find the answer you really need to your question, try to identify some specific cases where lying and deception really made you mad. The more specific and intense, the better. Maybe try to analyze what it is about these events that disturbed you the most (if it's not too painful -- if it is back off and don't flay yourself), string them together, see what if anything they have in common. Then once you have done this, you can begin to look at the question of countermeasures, i.e., what can be done to counter whatever damages this causes in your life, and the wider world. Two cents from an amature. Because as it stands, your question is too general to tackle meaningfully.

edit on 5/24/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I think part of the problem is that people are ruled by emotion and what they want to believe, not what actually is. So, in the case of lying, if the person lying to you is someone important to you, you will give them the benefit of the doubt. You will keep thinking it was a unique set of circumstances that made them lie, and they are not really like that.

You go back to the well over and over again, because the person represents something that is important to you. You keep hoping that their "true self" will manifest itself eventually. And, then, when cognitive dissonance comes into play, you will justify and explain to others why they lied and turn the lie into something that could even be looked at a virtuous.

People are not logical, sensible or rational by nature, but they think they are...so they will rationalize all sort of things, such as lying, to fit their matrix of reality.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I have noticed with "liars" that they have all reached a point where they know that each other is lying, to the extent that they all know that they are wearing masks in front of each other, however, because it is a shared disease, they seldom talk about it.

It usually unnerves them to hear honest, self-expressive words. I often come across as excessivley "polite" and "proper" - ironically, behaviours that were once held in high esteem, generally expressed by educated people - are now ridiculed by the general population, as they think it is "simple", "small minded" or "naieve". Its as if the world of the "ego" has become so complex that it occupies most of thier time and awareness - thier world is filled with all kinds of internal emotional issues and neuroses, and they are surprised that there are still people who have not fallen into thier subversive quagmire.

In terms of trust, I would trust people who speak logically and without emotional induction. Most of the people that I talk to almost exclusivley speak inductivley, and seem to have learnt how to manipulate the emotions of the inner child. Its saddening to see those who were initially "honest" join the "dark side" and treat others as they were once treated, feeling like they have joined some elite club, only to be pummeled by the social pressures of the world of sin.

The best you can do is humour them, they shouldn't realise that you have the intellectual upper hand, or God forbid that you understand everyhing that they mean.
edit on 24-5-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
People lie for many reasons. As someone nicely put, it sounds it maybe possible your looking for some validation or perhaps having to face a tough choice about a person.
Many will argue, but the truth is, we all lie on every level, many will say I don't lie, but they are lying. We've all told lies. Not only to others, but to ourselves.
some times people lie for low self esteem, they wish or want to be better and by telling things that aren't true, they wish they were someone else.
Some lie because they are trying to control the outcome and don't want to either 1. face the consequences to their actions, or hurt someone.
Sometimes, when we go to someones house for dinner and it sucked, but when asked how was it.. we say.. it's was good.. .or Ok.. that's a lie. We can justify it with "white" lies, or little lies.. there is only the truth or a lie. right?
I think the thing that counts is this. If your in a relationship and your partner is always lying about things that are harmful to you or others.. Well, that is not good. If my wife ask.. do I look fat in this.. I will say.. babe.. you don't look fat. I may look tight.. or you know what i mean? We don't want to hurt others feelings.
To lie to intentionally hurt someone, is controling, manipulative and just cowardly. they can't be trusted. the bottom line, is if you are willing to live with the consequences if the others find out the truth, or you can't live with the pain of finding out the truth of the lies.. the one must do what's best for them.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Thats cool. Ben seems like another Alex Jones and we dont need anymore Controlled Opposition. Too many liars on the World Stage.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 11azerus11

Thanks 11azerus for getting very deep in the topic. I really feel for you. You sound worn down but just realize things will get better. Peace to you.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Very sorry I havent been back on. I had somethings to do, so please forgive me.

Yes the question was very broad and I had no idea of the great responses to the issue at hand. Every person poured their heart into the question and that is what we need on these boards. Communication is the key to learning.

The reason I asked the question is different from most of your responses but I thought it was something we could discuss. As many of you on the site realize our Government lies to us. I would say constantly but some may disagree. I have become so jaded that I take anything they say with a grain of salt. Just one year ago I believed all the MSM puppets. I tought they were just liberal vs conservative with different opinions. I didnt realize both parties are controlled so it does not matter who people vote for because the choice is made. When you start putting the pieces together with how things line up, you will see a pattern of deception. False Flags are created to put something else in place on top of the damage they initially do. Ex. 911. Started the downslide of the world. Londen Bombings 7/7/05 caused more human hatred and put much fear into people. Each event forms society. Recently they warn about Nukes, Terror attacks because of Osama's death. In my honest opinion they are letting us know what to expect and who to blame before hand. If we agree they have lied to us in the past why would we accept anything they say? Why would we keep blaming people in foreign countries because of things we are told is wrong with them? If more false flags come and they probably will then are we going to continue blaming foreigners who live in the desert? Everyone remembers how the Russians were the enemy in the Cold War. Next we moved onto Terrorist, Third World Nations and in the past few months we continue to hear about Asteriods, and also the Alien Threat. Almost daily we see newly released Wiki documents talking about UFO secrets. One thing people repeat is UFO's, Asteroids, Muslim terrorist. Yes all are interesting to discuss but how true are they. Werner Von Braun warned Carol Rosen to stop the weaponization of space by detailing the Nazi's plans. He said Russians would be first, 2) terrorist, 3) third world nations, 4) Asteriods and then the 5) final card would be the Alien Threat. They use taxes to fund these lies. If they mention any threat on MSM that creates a BS flag in my head. Call me skeptic. Does anyone really believe they would tell us when disaster will strike. Not likely. So why are they talking space all of a sudden?

WHY do we keep going back for more lies or why do we repeat more of their lies on these conspiracy boards? Are humans programmed to become so dependant they will accept the lies because of the difficulty of making it on our own. Can we even break out of the nest of illlusions? Why are we hearing so many lies from the World leaders. What are they hiding?

I am starting to wonder who created alot of these conspiracy theories. We all know 911 has many theories so that makes it impossible to pin anything down. Same with Gulf Oil Spill, Chemtrails. People chase each one like a snake swallowing its tail. Never ending. Is that the reason for conspiracy theories? Are they set up to keep people on a string or a stepping stone to the truth? Sure I have learned many things in the past year from conspiracy theories but nothing can be solved because the game is rigged. Is it rigged so people will never find the end? Is the game rigged to teach us to follow our instincts? The ones we do solve turns out to be a " We're sorry for whatever evil act" and then they move on to more lies and deception. Why do humans allow the MSM Rapture Pastor Camping, Jim Jones, Marshall Applewhite to control them with lies. Each one used deception to sway the naive.

Many see the tricks the media and Gov plays on the people. They love to lie in order to divide everyone. White/Black, Gay/Straight, Mexican/Anyone else, Poor/Rich, Family structure etc.... I am having a hard time trying to figure why so many people hate each other because of lies they were told from someone else.

That is just what I see daily. I am trying to figure out WHY? What is the purpose for the lies? Are they to teach everyone to stop being so weak and naive? Are the lies used to deceive us or to teach us? How many on here are seeing their lies?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

I would agree with you for the most part. Once someone lies to you then you lose all the faith that you had in them completely. What makes me sick is when the liars keep on lying just so they don't hurt your feelings. Then, you know that you're being played. Someone else said we keep on going towards liars again because we keep just hoping that they show their true form, but, liars don't like to do that. They hide behind the masks of fake emotions just to try to make you not see how they really are. They claim to do it to protect you, but, it would be much better if they told you how they really felt early on.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I have a personal question about Trusting someone blindly? Why do humans allow people to lie to them YET come back for more lies? Maybe some people dont mind liars but I a.m sick of them creating emotions that destroy health. Thank you for your replies!

I think it's because they want to trust other people. It probably makes them feel not alone as if they were friends to the extreme. It doesn't matter how real or fake their friendship is, their desire for deep connectedness blinds them to reality.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I use to trust people way too easily, then I got screwed over one too many times.

It is very hard for me to fully trust someone now, be it in a relationship or friendship. I have had my fair share of deceit.

I use to think people were all nice and would't lie, boy was I young, nieve and wrong. It's hard because I am a happy go lucky person and I dont like to think that someone is lying to me but it happens..happens more than it should.

I had a good friend, or so I thought, lie to me over and over when I knew the truth. When I confronted her she attacked me. I no longer speak to her and I take it as a lesson learned.

I have the hardest time in relationships with trust because I have been lied to sooo many times but i know not every guy is the same. My bf now I can honestly say I trust him 100% and that is because he hasn't given me a reason not to, he is open and honest and I dont get that feeling he is being deceitful like I did with others and even friends...I can tell when someone is lying which is why it bothers me more because I know they are full of it yet lying to my face. It always makes me uncomfortable because I dont want to carry a conversation with them knowing they are lying because then the whole conversation is a lie and I dont want to be a part of it.

I think it just depends on when you feel enough is enough.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
It's not so much how many lies (although the "three strikes" law should apply to all lies), but the depth of each lie and damages done thereafter that counts as a "threshold" of how much more lies can be given before being awakened to the truth --- to stop believing in the lie once and for all. I've been lied to so many times and the part of me wants to believe it's true even though my ear-holes hear otherwise!!! It's how the lies are "sent" and if the "receiver" believes in the lie --- faithfully and blindly for most, unfortunately.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

i can tell when people lie too. i don't know if it is a good thing or bad? well i guess it's better to know, but yet we don't know for sure.... so it brings this whole waste of thought of what if? i use to get angry when i found out i was being lied too, but now i feel like it's just a waste of energy or maybe i don't have any energy left in that department to get mad when the lies are personal.... but in the end i figure that if i give people the benefit of the doubt that it's not on me, and that it's on them.... and they might not feel guilty now but it will catch up to them in some shape or form

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Buford2

i think that we will not know WHY until our present becomes history and we can look back and figure out the pieces... looking for the why of our current predicament is as hard as a one legged man in a but kicking contest... right now we don't have all of the pieces of the puzzle.... no matter how hard we dig there is another layer that we can't dig past.... i just hope in the end the truth will come out and when it does we need to be ready for it

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join