It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Moses Just A Ordinary Caveman ? Eating Berries, Mushrooms, And Dino Meat?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
The Hebrew and late Christians who wrote the books of the Bible had no idea of the existence of earlier man, of the process of evolution, or of much else that they could explain without using supernatural reasons, therefore they are not in the writings. Moses may have existed in some way or he may be a composite of several different people or even just a story to try to explain why the Hebrew tribe showed up in Canaan. Eve and Adam in the sense of the Bible did not exist.

The Reason for this Thread was to get answers ...

1. I know that Moses didnt eat dino meat.. I am sure he ate berries and mushrooms and drank wine and had fish.

2. He has found shelter near mouantins, so in a sense he wasnt a cave man but use them for shelter

3. He lived to be 120 but that seems to differ ??

After the flood, Noah’s descendents were the only human’s left to repopulate the earth &
Noah lives til 900 yrs.

He had Shem at age 500 and shem had a son named >Arpachshad > Arpachshad was said to have been born only 2 years after the flood ?? When Shem was only 100 years old.

Shem lived five hundred years after he became the father of Arpachshad ??how old did Arpachshad live to be ??

Arpachshad who had a son named
Terah he had a son named Abram ..???? does any one know if this is even true?

Jochebed was moses mother and moses father was his mothers Nephew Amram or she had a illigtimate child and blamed it on the Nephew .. this is messed up .. dont you agree .. thats incest

Wiki link....en.wikipedia.org...

Abraham was 100 years old when Isaac was born, and Sarah was beyond childbearing years

I am disputing this all .. there seems to be no insight or truth to this geneology that leads to Jesus ??

Here is my thought's.. on the great big flood ok ..if there is any truth to the bible at all .. I believe that these people like Noah and sons all lived during the Ice Age ok

And that they were the true cavemen but then the ICE started to melt wich may have caused global floods and depending where you were living you had more flooding .. I dont believe that Noah and who ever was on that boat was the only ones to repopulate the earth once again ..

edit on 25-5-2011 by NorthStargal52 because: correction Q3

edit on 25-5-2011 by NorthStargal52 because: messed up again # 3 he lived to be

edit on 25-5-2011 by NorthStargal52 because: sorry left the paragraph out

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
There were no dinosaurs in ancient dynastic Egypt, you're more than just a few million years off!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Any of you deep thinkers toy with the notion that they didnt follow our calender, imagine that... different units of measure.......wow

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NorthStargal52

Dont look at the flood from a modern POV. We didnt know how big the world was untill fairly recent history. So to them the "world" could have been a continent or a small country

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorthStargal52
1. I know that Moses didnt eat dino meat.. I am sure he ate berries and mushrooms and drank wine and had fish.
2. He has found shelter near mouantins, so in a sense he wasnt a cave man but use them for shelter
3. He lived to be 120 but that seems to differ ??
After the flood, Noah’s descendents were the only human’s left to repopulate the earth &
Noah lives til 900 yrs.

That's one of the points where the whole "house of cards" falls over.

If the Earth had been populated from a group of just 10 people some 5,000 or 6,000 or 10,000 years in the past, we wouldn't have seen as much technological development... and we wouldn't see much genetic variation in the population. So we'd all be kind of Mediterranean-Jewish looking, we'd all speak some variant of Hebrew. There would be no polytheistic religions (Greeks, Romans, others)... everyone would have a monotheistic religion in their early culture.

I am disputing this all .. there seems to be no insight or truth to this geneology that leads to Jesus ??

There's quite a number of problems with many of the Biblical genaeologies.

Here is my thought's.. on the great big flood ok ..if there is any truth to the bible at all .. I believe that these people like Noah and sons all lived during the Ice Age ok

We have bones and technology and living areas of people who lived during the last Ice Age (which started about 26,000 years ago and ends about 10,000 years ago.) On that scale, the development of Egypt as a country and the rise of the form of governance (Pharoahs) is pretty new (6,000 years ago.)

And that they were the true cavemen but then the ICE started to melt wich may have caused global floods and depending where you were living you had more flooding .. I dont believe that Noah and who ever was on that boat was the only ones to repopulate the earth once again ..

The "flooding" as the ice age ended was pretty gradual. The Earth warmed up slowly (over several thousand years) and you could have walked away from the "flood"... if you'd noticed it.

While there *was* a "bottleneck" of "humans almost went extinct" it was about 70,000 years ago (long before the last ice age) and the surviving population was somewhere around 15,000 people.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Howdy Byrd

I wonder how the bottle necks that ended the Neanderthals, Denisovans and 'Hobbits' will be found to have affected our HSS line?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Well what about all those born before Moses (Mosheh) ? Would you consider all them cave men? So why would dumb down cave men be punished by a worldwide flood? Theres plenty of evidence for a worldwide flood, fossils on current mountains, oil, coal deposits with human artifacts inside them and much else.

Moses(Mosheh) was just a very upright man following Yahuwah the Creator with his pure heart, and was the father of many nations and was chosen to save the slaves of Egypt(Mitsrayim) and take them into a better land.

And people lived with dinosaurs, and animals were friendly to people before the flood roughly 4400 years ago. People were taller as like Noah and his wife were found their skeletons about 12 feet long. And many other things. So there are cave men, but Mosheh was not one of them, he was born in a normal home, and then sent to Pharoah to keep him from being killed.

Check out www.bible.ca...

www.bible.ca...

The evidence for dinosaurs aka dragons from Scripture with man is astounding and the earth isnt millions of years old. I don't believe everything on that site based on spiritual teaching, but the scientific evidence with fossils, dinosaurs, carbon dating, and young earth is great.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1485ff694edf.jpg[/atsimg]

Battle of Kadesh

www.youtube.com...

Berries and mushrooms?? what do they teach in History these days?

edit on 26-5-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

Side note *egyption birthrights passed on to and from Female line as well as Male line,,at that time, and had the Son,, of the King of the Hitites not been Assasinated,, Turkey and Egypt would have been joined together by marrage, ONE SUPERPOWER nation.
yup

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Lets say if Moses was born 2,000 years after Adam & Eve then that would mean he most likely seen DINO's

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

prehistoric man and dinosaurs were separated by a few million years.

By quite a few million years!

Originally posted by Praetorius]

Mokele mbembe,
Unsubstantiated.

thunderbird,
Not a dinosaur. Unsubstantiated.

bigfoot,
Not a dinosaur. Unsubstantiated.

great white,
Not a dinosaur.

crocodile,
Not a dinosaur.

coelocanth,
Not a dinosaur.

Just sayin'

I have often thought these Scientist are full of BS I think they have the whole timeline messed up entirely //IMO

Really? Do you know how they have come up with this 'timeline'? Which Scientists? The chemists, the pharmaceuticists, the computer scientists?

what Moses took some super mega vitamins that made him live longer .. what the heck happened how come we don’t live that long now??

I'm glad we don't. I don't think I could stand the stupidity of our species.

Originally posted by Seektruthalways1
Theres plenty of evidence for a worldwide flood, fossils on current mountains, oil, coal deposits with human artifacts inside them and much else.

Uh, no there's not!
Perhaps the fossils on mountains are the result of tectonic forces? You might like to look at Vulva stones. Apparently they're fossilised vulva.

Originally posted by Seektruthalways1 but the scientific evidence with fossils, dinosaurs, carbon dating, and young earth is great.

Not really.

Thank goodness it's lunchtime. This place is doing my head in.

edit on 26-5-2011 by aorAki because: formatting.

edit on 26-5-2011 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Moses was a gatherer
He went to a mountain
Saw a fire under a tree
Went to the tree and saw it was fungi
Ate it
and the rest is his story.www.documentarywire.com...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Ever taken a look at The Sword of Moses? It was not really witten by Moses, but rather by somebody around the year 1000 AD pretending to be Moses. Nevertheless, it might at the very least make one wonder about the fungal content in Moses's diet...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I'm pretty sure moses was a shroomer
kinda like a shaman or medicine man

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

What if the Battle For Egypt and Control of the Entire Land Mass from Turkey to Egypt:

mosess was one of the son's of Joseph,(King of Egypt at this time) the other son of joseph, the heir apparent to said throne of egypt,( insert name here) not wanting moess around,, so began the Palace Intregue, gets mosses booted from Egypt including all his followers, they then set out to "other lands",,

at the tut-mosess time period,

(bonus points *why did casear make sure his first born was of Egyptian Heritage? )

Answer Below.
Start Time Period Battle of Kadesh,

The winner of the palace intregue (not mose's) then goes too war with the Hitites,, (see Battle of Kadesh)
edit on 26-5-2011 by BobAthome because: Royal Law Egyptian /male/female bloodline the same with all rights and privilages. (Was a big deal at the time)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
According to many people that study the Bible and have done scientific research it was said that
from the time of adam an Eve it took 2,000 years to reach Noahs era then from Noah to Jesus another 2,000 years .. ok Noah lived till he was 900 years of age so that leave 1,000 years left til the time Jesus was born

Now the time period from Adam an Eve did or didnt include the Neanderthals?? then why did it mention of giants comming down to earth and reproducing ?? with women ?? then the flood came and every one was wiped off the face of earth except for Noah and his clan or family .. yikes ..

or does that mean that we had a land of giants walking the earth ?? and only the women were normal until they got pregnant .. then by some mysterious reasons this was not not right so then Noah built a boat knowing a flood was comming .. so that all these wicked mix breeds would be gone .. then they Noahs family could now repopulate the earth with the rightious people ???

I dont know I get lost in all these different stories as to how this all came down ..

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Howdy

the scientific evidence with fossils, dinosaurs, carbon dating, and young earth is great.

If you have absolutely no knowledge of science, then yes you might believe the religious propaganda and if you have a belief in one of the many religious views of the world, even more.

But if you don't there is no creditable evidence for YEC or the creationist theory. However that tired old discussion is for the creation forum. If you are going to discuss the reality of our world it helps to understand the parameters of what is known and is the basis of archaeological and historial discussion

No biblical flood and our world is billions of years old with a common mammal coming up and spliting off from the apes over millions of years to, fortunately, become us.

Never take the bible for a book of science, it is speculation, belief, folk history and accumlated wisdom, not science

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Well what about all those born before Moses (Mosheh) ? Would you consider all them cave men? So why would dumb down cave men be punished by a worldwide flood? Theres plenty of evidence for a worldwide flood, fossils on current mountains, oil, coal deposits with human artifacts inside them and much else.

Early humans didn't live in caves. They lived in "rock shelters" (cliff overhangs) instead. Only a handful of caves have traces of human habitation... for the most part we lived in brush shelters and tents and in rock shelters.

Actually, there is NO evidence for a worldwide flood... no human artifacts found in coal (although some miners got rich when they came out of the coal mine with some artifacts and said "hey, we found these". Subsequent serious investigations pointed to the coal miners bringing them down in the first place.

Fossils are found in lots of places because of the changes in the Earth. We had multiple periods here in Texas when the land was underwater (ocean) and there's lots of fossils of clams and fish and plesiosaurs and so forth here in Texas.

Moses(Mosheh) was just a very upright man following Yahuwah the Creator with his pure heart, and was the father of many nations and was chosen to save the slaves of Egypt(Mitsrayim) and take them into a better land.

The problem with this is that there isn't any evidence that the Hebrews were enslaved in Egypt (beyond the occasional slave.) Babylon, yes. Egypt, no.

And people lived with dinosaurs, and animals were friendly to people before the flood roughly 4400 years ago.

4,400 years ago is 2200 BC. That's some 1,000 years and more after writing developed.

There are no reports of friendly "peaceable kingdom" animals and in fact there are drawings and reports of animals acting much as they do today and tales of man-eating animals. In older material, there are bones and bodies around showing that people were being killed and eaten by animals.

People were taller as like Noah and his wife were found their skeletons about 12 feet long.

There aren't any 12 foot skeletons, and Noah and his wife have not been found. There are hoax sites which make this claim but if you check with biblical archaeologists, you will find that you've been lied to.

And many other things. So there are cave men, but Mosheh was not one of them, he was born in a normal home, and then sent to Pharoah to keep him from being killed.

That version actually isn't in the Bible, either.

Check out www.bible.ca...

www.bible.ca...

The evidence for dinosaurs aka dragons from Scripture with man is astounding and the earth isnt millions of years old. I don't believe everything on that site based on spiritual teaching, but the scientific evidence with fossils, dinosaurs, carbon dating, and young earth is great.

I work (as I've often said) in a paleo lab and I work on dinosaurs. I've gone fossil hunting and know about the ages of rocks. The "bible.ca" site is a rehash of a lot of "proofs" that many of the stronger creationists are avoiding because they're hoaxes.

And you can't carbon date rocks, by the way. You can only carbon date things that were alive (for fossils, they've had the carbon material replaced by other things.)
edit on 27-5-2011 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

What if the Battle For Egypt and Control of the Entire Land Mass from Turkey to Egypt:

mosess was one of the son's of Joseph,(King of Egypt at this time) the other son of joseph, the heir apparent to said throne of egypt,( insert name here) not wanting moess around,, so began the Palace Intregue, gets mosses booted from Egypt including all his followers, they then set out to "other lands",,

at the tut-mosess time period,

There are some good links to Egyptian history and timelines around here. You might like to look into those. You'll find that there are no scenarios that match your concept, though.

(bonus points *why did casear make sure his first born was of Egyptian Heritage? )

He didn't. His first child was a girl. He adopted Octavian (a good Roman) as his son. Caesarion was not his heir and in fact was killed by Octavian:
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

The winner of the palace intregue (not mose's) then goes too war with the Hitites,, (see Battle of Kadesh)
edit on 26-5-2011 by BobAthome because: Royal Law Egyptian /male/female bloodline the same with all rights and privilages. (Was a big deal at the time)

The winner of the battle of Kadesh was Ramses II (Whose five names were: Usermaatre-setepenre, Ramesses meryamun, Kanakht Merymaat, Mekkemetwafkhasut, and Userrenput-aanehktu), and Ramses -- rather than palace intrigue -- seems to have been a co-ruler with his dad for awhile. None of Seti's children had any sort of 'mose' in their names.

You can explore his full lineage here, along with the names of all his wives and many of his children (said to be 90+ of them) en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Well since you went to 'biased school' and maybe college or university, all you had was evolution taught as "science" and fact which there is no proof of it. Claiming there is coincidences from different kinds of animals, in many others does not prove evolution. Or saying 'we know' how old the earth by strontium, uranium, carbon dating when those methods are highly suspect since over the years the amount of decay has changed. How can you use a non-static material decay rate to prove an exact time?

Explain why there is still fossils in the ground if the earth would erode flat in 14 million years from wear (wind,rain, dust etc) and it gets recycled into the ground and comes back up from the ocean and mantle? Wouldnt you have lost those fossils about 4 to 40 times underground?

Why is there trees standing straight up through multiple rock layers, if these so rock layers are millions of years old? The tree does not stand up for millions of years.

Why is there only about 6 to 8 inches of loose mud sediment at the bottom of the ocean from rivers and erosion if the world is millions of years old and it takes about 1000 years to make 1 inch of sedimentary mud on the ocean floor?

How do you date the fossils found in the rocks, by the layers they are found in? But how do you date the age of the rock, by the fossils that are in the rock? Circular reasoning.......faulty science.

If the earth is millions of years old and the sun is shrinking by about 5 feet an hour....if you go back so many millions of years the earth and sun would be touching???? No wonder the dinosaurs died, they were cooked to death.

If each layer of the geologic column is about million of years, well with the amount of layers needed to fill all those years dating back to the earliest found fossil the geologic column would have to be 10's of miles thick.

I can go on......

When people believe evolution, they cannot think, just listen and believe the scientists cause they know, cause they are scientists, nobody can dispute almighty scientists! Yet countless of times the science to prove evolution is false, falsified, and skewed. How can you trust any scientist being credible when they are continally proven wrong over and over and later on?

Oh and what exploded for the Big Bang? Dust? Dirt? Atoms? No one knows, and to call fact or as science you have to duplicate it. The Big Bang theory directly contradicts current science, the law conservation of energy, "Energy cannot be created nor destroyed".

The Big Bang is one big stupid theory that doesnt make any sense, and any evolutionist must believe it happened cause its impossible to happen. Evolution is a religion, get it straight, your no different than any other religion.
edit on 27-5-2011 by Seektruthalways1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Or saying 'we know' how old the earth by strontium, uranium, carbon dating when those methods are highly suspect since over the years the amount of decay has changed. How can you use a non-static material decay rate to prove an exact time?

Well, I'm not AorAki but I know the answers to this.

First, science isn't supposed to be a "that's the answer because I tell you it is" type of thought. We get better tools, better instruments, design better experiments and sometimes we find out that what we thought was wrong. So we change the answer. That's science.

Religion picks an answer and sticks with it, no matter what other evidence shows up. So "don't eat pork" is a religious law for many people and no amount of showing them that pork is clean, healthy, and good for you and satisfying is going to get them to ever eat pork.

Multiple methods are used to triangulate dates. They don't just take one reading and say, "voila! finished!" (because that would be religion.) So they do check and the amount of variance in the rate of decay is still small. What will never happen is a statement like "Earth was formed a tnightfall preceding 23 October 4004 BC" (LINK: Creation of the world (Archbishop Ussher))

Explain why there is still fossils in the ground if the earth would erode flat in 14 million years from wear (wind,rain, dust etc) and it gets recycled into the ground and comes back up from the ocean and mantle? Wouldnt you have lost those fossils about 4 to 40 times underground?

Some is lost, some doesn't become fossilized, but all that eroded dirt has to go somewhere... and generally it stacks up on the lower parts of the land. So here in Texas, the Jurassic rocks are overlaid by the more recent Cretaceous rocks and some of that is buried in sediments caused by eroding Cretaceous rocks (the Quaternary alluvial deposits), some is redeposited from the Appalacian mountains being formed (the Woodbine formation was created by the outwash from the Appalacian orogony), and you get multiple layers of different kinds of stone. But that doesn't mean the fossils got lost. A lot of those beds are up to a thousand feet thick.

Why is there trees standing straight up through multiple rock layers, if these so rock layers are millions of years old? The tree does not stand up for millions of years.

I don't know of any of those (and I work on fossils.) I have seen erect trees in the Cretaceous formations here in Dallas and in the Woodbine (90+ million years) and in others, but they were fossilized in place (buried) and didn't grow up through several geologic eras.

Why is there only about 6 to 8 inches of loose mud sediment at the bottom of the ocean from rivers and erosion if the world is millions of years old and it takes about 1000 years to make 1 inch of sedimentary mud on the ocean floor?

The oceans cover 70% of the Earth. The land mass is around 30%. If you take 9 cubic feet of mass (30% of the Earth -- 3x3x3) and pour it into 343 cubic feet (7x7x7) you find that the 9 cubic feet doesn't make much of an impression when you distribute it into 343 cubic feet. So the answer is "there's not actually that much coming in from the land."

How do you date the fossils found in the rocks, by the layers they are found in? But how do you date the age of the rock, by the fossils that are in the rock? Circular reasoning.......faulty science.

That's how we do it now that we have the yardstick. But creating the initial yardstick (what layers went down when and how old are they) didn't work like that. Your question is sort of like asking "how do we know how many feet in a mile? We measure it by a ruler. But how do you know your ruler is accurate? Measure the number of feet in a mile."

So right now, yes, we do that to determine the age of the rock or the fossil. But first we had to know the age of the rocks.

If the earth is millions of years old and the sun is shrinking by about 5 feet an hour....if you go back so many millions of years the earth and sun would be touching???? No wonder the dinosaurs died, they were cooked to death.

The sun isn't shrinking. (here's the real math)

If each layer of the geologic column is about million of years, well with the amount of layers needed to fill all those years dating back to the earliest found fossil the geologic column would have to be 10's of miles thick.

Rock layers aren't nice flat even sheets laid down over the Earth set down at an even rate. They have thick areas and thin areas, some get fractured, some get eroded away, and they get pushed and shuffled around by planetary processes. Here in Texas, the oldest rocks are at the Llano Uplift and are about 500,000,000 years old. The Woodbine formation (where we've found the earliest American bird (90 million years old) is only 20 feet thick in most places because it's a clay-type rock. In Big Bend, the ash layers from the active megavolcanoes are 1100 feet thick and more.

When people believe evolution, they cannot think, just listen and believe the scientists cause they know, cause they are scientists, nobody can dispute almighty scientists!

Except for other almighty scientists, and they do it all the time. There's been some actual screaming matches and fistfights (true fact) over theories. And duels. In fact, anyone can challenge science (which is what makes it fun)...but to get anywhere you have to have read up on the subject and know things (like in this case being able to rattle off the names of the rock layers and know the differences in the types and where the beds lie and what other formations they're contemporary with.

It's too much work for the average person. They'd rather watch a movie or read a web page and then announce they know all about how rocks are formed. Me (I'm a scientist), I've spent many years reading up on rocks and there's still a lot I don't know. On the other hand, I can tell Boquillas limestone from Buda limestone by looking at the rocks in a road cut... which most of you can't do. And I know how to tell Edwards limestone from Llanite and even know how and when and where they all formed.

So if someone tries to argue geology with me, if they don't know how rocks are formed and what rock layers are in their own home area and so forth, they end up on the short end of the argument after three or pointed questions (such as "and how do you account for the escarpment there?")

Oh and what exploded for the Big Bang? Dust? Dirt? Atoms? No one knows, and to call fact or as science you have to duplicate it. The Big Bang theory directly contradicts current science, the law conservation of energy, "Energy cannot be created nor destroyed".

You might find it interesting to read Hawking's books.

The Big Bang is one big stupid theory that doesnt make any sense, and any evolutionist must believe it happened cause its impossible to happen. Evolution is a religion, get it straight, your no different than any other religion.

"Big Bang" and "evolution" are (as so many of us keep saying) two different things. Evolution doesn't talk about how things start, just about changes and why things change. Big Bang doesn't talk about how and why things change.

And if they were religions, we would have ONE answer and no matter what data came up, we would excommunicate or burn for heresy anyone who debated the point. So things like the extinction of the dinosaurs by the comet would NEVER get accepted because it would have contradicted the Original Knowledge. Nor could we change and refine the classification of plants (because genetics showed that some of the assumed connections were wrong.)

In other words, the search for truth would stop the minute someone came up with an observation and a conclusion.

If that happens, it's religion. Religion has no way of testing things ("If you say 'omina monima i want a pony" six times at the full moon in this tone of voice a pony will appear in your bedroom" -- religions won't allow testing of points of faith like that. On the other hand, science WILL test it and if it's shown by enough people to be a load of nonsense, then science knowledge changes to say" 'omina monima' is a load of nonsense.")

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4Starlight2Decay0
reply to post by NorthStargal52

Dont look at the flood from a modern POV. We didnt know how big the world was untill fairly recent history. So to them the "world" could have been a continent or a small country

Not sure if serious.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join