It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caves- (Pathways to the Earth's Soul)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I saw this article/photo display and thought you may like it as much as I do. I have done several threads about caves and whatnot recently. I have gained a new appreciation for Mother Natures Caves and the Beauty that are within them... covered/hidden from most of our eyes-unless you got the urge to go look inside them.

Hats off to the brave souls that take the all the risk.. and for taking camera's with them. Enjoy.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cave Diving
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4b4cd93ef677.jpg[/atsimg]

Cave divers explore a flooded chamber of Florida's Diepolder Cave, 250 feet (76 meters) below the Earth's surface. Named after the man who originally owned the land, Diepolder Cave is located on Sand Hill Boy Scout Reservation near Brooksville, Florida.

Lava Tube Cave
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/520a9c111bd5.jpg[/atsimg]

Lava-tube caves, like this one in California's Lava Beds National Monument, are found throughout the world. These unique underground structures form during long-lasting lava flows. As lava moves through a channel, overflows build natural levees along the sides, which can eventually connect and harden, forming a canopy. Just as a winter stream continues to flow beneath its ice cap, lava continues to move under this roof. When flow from the source stops, the remaining lava moves through to the end, leaving a hollow tube, often large enough to walk through.

Greenland Glacier Cave
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1b6ed938cd33.jpg[/atsimg]

A spelunker in a glacier cave in Greenland gazes upon colors and shapes that look more like a swirling galaxy than a cave formation. The otherworldly contours of this ice chamber were formed by the heat of a geothermal spring.

Lechuguilla Cave
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67c069ffcc92.jpg[/atsimg]

A caver is dwarfed by calcite columns that stretch some 50 feet (15 meters) to the top of Tower Place in Lechuguilla Cave. Located in Carlsbad Caverns National Park in New Mexico, this famous cave attracts spelunkers from all over the world.

Cave Pearls
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/91c5e14b4213.jpg[/atsimg]

Mineral deposits in caves can create amazing shapes, such as these chocolaty-looking cave pearls. These unique spherical formations are created in cave pools when layers of calcite are slowly deposited around a grain of sand or dirt.

Source: science.nationalgeographic.com...#/glacier-caving_976_600x450.jpg

I WANT A CAVE PEARL!!! A bunch of them actually. The wife would love those as a gift and would turn them into a great display in the house.

My favorite one has to be the Lave Tubes one. If you agree or want to see more of Lave Tubes, check this thread (This thread is what got me all going on about caves. Just amazing):
First Descent Into a Magma Chamber: Volcano Pictures
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have to say the Greenland Glacier Cave looks like it would be a mind-blower to be there and see.

Some members have been fortunate enough to visit some great caves and related sites. Feel free to chime in and if you can, put some of your pics/videos here. Thanks

edit on 5/24/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Beautiful presentation I enjoyed it an hope others as well can. There has to be many other discoveries waiting to be found within EA
and thru time it will be nice too see more. Thanks pretty cool.

S&F

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Nice pics. I'm surprised you didn't include the giant crystal cave in this thread, it's one of the most spectacular ones I've ever seen..... (on tv
)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Beautiful pics! I needed a break after all the doom and gloom elsewhere in the world and on the net.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

I like to leave room for the responders. Put a pic of it up. Let me see!! lol

There is just so many caves out there... and I am sure we haven't found the best ones yet!

"Journey to the Center of the Earth" (the old-orginal version) was a childhood favorite of mine and it has stuck with me all these years.

I wish I was rich enough so I could go looking at them or for them- all over the world.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Beutiful pictures
Thank you for sharing this with us

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by inanna1234

Maybe you can use one for a mini-pic/avatar on you ATS profile?

I'm glad you appreciate them.

Take care & welcome to ATS. I see you are fairly new.

Peace

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This one really blew my mind, and YES it is real! Wow!

Mexico's Cueva de los Cristales (Cave of Crystals) contains some of the world's largest known natural crystals—translucent beams of gypsum as long as 36 feet (11 meters).

news.nationalgeographic.com...
Those suits they are wearing are actually cooling suits, because the temp reaches 136 F!
Anyone interested in more cave pics:www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good thread, thanks...

spec
edit on 24-5-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I have seen these before. Truly amazing. I didn't know it was so hot though.

Thanks for putting them up.

new topics

top topics

join