It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan Asks China to Build Naval Base in Nation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
China has rejected the request

Times of India

Thread closed.

Just kidding, but yeah China said no, but brash move on Pakistans part

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

Wow China rejected their own Pakistani friends!!!! Are they really scared of the Taliban?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
as having recently come back from pakistan i can tell you their is heavy investment in pakistan from china. the ghawadar port mention in the article is of major importance to china due to its location near most of indias western ports and location in terms of indian ocean. right now, there are dams and a railway being built which would link it to major cities in china.

china's relationship goes back to the '50s when pakistan was the third country i believe to have recognized china. also china does not like india due to the wars they have had and want india to be occupied on pakistan

just my two rupees =) lol

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Ummm yeah-the Taliban scared them away.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Think of the funds the Pakistanis go through trying to fend off the Taliban threat, as well as all the fun the West is having, and the Russians had had in Afghanistan. The Chinese, are not only cautious, but very good strategists, as much as they would have liked to have done this, here and now, I think they realize the danger that would be posed to their economic growth, and security.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join