It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling heard in Belgium

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Ok, normally i would not open a topic (look it up, few years a big ATS'r, but only 2 or 3 topic started). But i tought this might be important. This last very night i heard a strange sound. it had to be 1:30 am just when i was going of to bed.
I always sleep with the window open, thats easier for the aliens who come to visit me at night (bad joke, i know...) and when i was in bed i heard the sound of a jet... No, more like a commercial airliner....

At first i thought, what the hell. But it was in my mind, it would soften and stop any moment, but then, ten minutes later, the rumble still got going on... Then started the moment i thought, i have to record this. So i grabbed my cell phone, but the memory was full... So i rushed downstairs (as quiet is i could, have two children at home) grabbed my homecam... Battery flat.... So, that is the reason why i did not have a record of five (more or less) more sound of rumble... Here in Eeklo, Belgium..... Anyone heard or noticed something familiar?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter.be
Ok, normally i would not open a topic (look it up, few years a big ATS'r, but only 2 or 3 topic started). But i tought this might be important. This last very night i heard a strange sound. it had to be 1:30 am just when i was going of to bed.
I always sleep with the window open, thats easier for the aliens who come to visit me at night (bad joke, i know...) and when i was in bed i heard the sound of a jet... No, more like a commercial airliner....

At first i thought, what the hell. But it was in my mind, it would soften and stop any moment, but then, ten minutes later, the rumble still got going on... Then started the moment i thought, i have to record this. So i grabbed my cell phone, but the memory was full... So i rushed downstairs (as quiet is i could, have two children at home) grabbed my homecam... Battery flat.... So, that is the reason why i did not have a record of five (more or less) more sound of rumble... Here in Eeklo, Belgium..... Anyone heard or noticed something familiar?
im able to confirm this from zeebrugge , had my ipod on and usualy very noisy , took one earplug out bc was going above the music

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
You're definitely not alone, I couldn't say what it is but I have heard it myself. I don't know if it's anything new or if because we're a much more communicative world now that it just seems new. There's large thread here if you're interested in reading about other cases.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I didn't say anything up here, because I feel very sceptic about this phenomenon,

but two days ago I think heard the famous rumbling.

Now, I know planes, my husband is a plane buff, we have many friends who are fighter pilots, and one of them told me that they practice dogfighting at times, and they stay at very high altitudes (so they cannot be seen usually) and do their manouvers in essentially the same area for about twenty minutes. He told me that is what is happening when you hear the deep rumble for a long time. So up to now, I have basically assumed that is what everyone here is actually experiencing.

But I have gotten fairly good at recognizing when they are doing that, and what I heard two days ago, in the afternoon, was not the same. I do not know how long it went on, because I was trying to ignore it for quite a while before I finally started hanging my head out the window and wodnering what was up. I tentatively thought of recording it, but found my phone was dead, and well.... just didn't want to take this seriously enough to run and find something else. I kinda wish I had now.

Perhaps totally unrelated, but that day and every since, my dog is acting extremely wierd. He is barking and whining at night, looking up at the sky, and seeking refuge- like he does when there is a storm, but there isn't!

Perhaps nothing.... I add it because I am not that far from you, relatively speaking- I am in France.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
As coquine says, it's probably dog-fighting maneuvers...
I have never heard it though.
edit on 23-5-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by coquine

It's definitely not aircraft. I say that because I've lived around aircraft for most of my 32 years. I lived under the final approach to ex Ellington Field where you could see the pilots in the cockpits when they were landing. I've lived close enough to ex MCAS Eltoro that my alarm clock was squadrons of F-18's turning up in the morning. My first ship was the ex USS Kitty Hawk CV-63 and from my time in the Navy I've heard F-14's, F-18's, EA6-B's, S-3's, E2-c's, F-15's, 16's SU-27's SU-24's plus many more.

I've heard most of them mix it up with the others and it could be 4 Tomcats and 4 F-15's or 2 F-14's plus 2 F-18's AND 2 SU-27's and SU-24's which is a very interesting story in itself. The sound doesn't stay constant the engines sound different at different throttle setting AOA etc... I've even heard heavies take off with water injection, these sounds are not aircraft, at least not any we know of.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by yets777

im able to confirm this from zeebrugge , had my ipod on and usualy very noisy , took one earplug out bc was going above the music

around the same time?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by coquine
-

Perhaps nothing.... I add it because I am not that far from you, relatively speaking- I am in France.

So if i am right, you heard it a day before me? And during daytime, right?

And don't know how long it took with me, but at least ten minutes before i started to take action, and then another 5, so at least fifteen minutes...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by yets777

around the same time?
yes , kept me awake , came from the north . might be have been these guys who made alot of noise, think they wanna party soonwww.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
It's happening all over the world. As I said in the other threads, I heard it here in Louisiana. Lasted approximately 45 minutes, and stopped abruptly. Everyone on my street was out looking up. It was mid afternoon, not a cloud in the sky. I got in the car and drove around to see if there was road work or construction going on....nope! I have been listening to all the sound clips on the Internet, to see if I could find something similar, and the closest thing I found were earthquake sounds and pre eruption volcano rumbling. But since it's been heard in SO MANY various places around the world, I guess that couldn't be it
Here are a few examples of the weird sounds. They have been posted many times, but I'm posting them in case you haven't heard them. The sound is mostly like the roaring of a jet, but in some cases, it undulates. When I heard it, it wads a loud roaring, with intermittent soft booms in the background.

This one you might say is thunder....but it went on for over half an hour steady

Well...that's just a few...there are many many more!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

So if i am right, you heard it a day before me? And during daytime, right?

And don't know how long it took with me, but at least ten minutes before i started to take action, and then another 5, so at least fifteen minutes...

Yeah, I guess that is right. It must have continued on for about 20 to 30 minutes.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

Then you know the sounds of the aircraft well and know what I mean when I say it was different!

(I lived in Irvine as a kid, and was close to the El Toro base too! -just a dumb off subject comment....)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter.be

I know what you mean OP, iam in the UK, south coast & i always hear this noise as you describe at night, it sounds like planes are constantly flying over your head & it comes and goes in volume but you can constantly hear it, i always notice it when i go to bed as its quietest then.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Must be a northern thing, no noises to be reported in my neck of the woods.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I've heard it around here (south of Antwerp) as well, a couple of times. But always as a seemingly distant, faint rumble, far more silent than the ones caught on tape in other places. Like a continuous, distant rolling thunder.

Rather hard to distinguish from other background noises, so recording never seemed worth the effort.
Last time was just two nights ago, somewhere between 1am and 3am.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

There have been many reports from almost every state ( and many countries)....see my post above....Louisiana, Florida, and manyother southern states. I posted a video from Florida.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

But I'm referring to the OP who is in Belgium, and I can confirm there was no strange noises where I was on the night in question as I too am in Belgium and for this alone is the only reason I'm showing a passing interest.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by coquine

Yes the closest "Jet" sound would be a heavy taking off with water injection that somehow manages to hover in the same spot and not change the throttle setting. I'm not hearing it in my area but then again I have a rail yard 2 miles away so I attribute any strange sounds to that. We definitely had A LOT of air traffic in our little area thats for sure.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Are you from the Kempen or Ardennes?

Anyways, i wonder if what we heard here is the same as heard in other parts of the world... Would be something if anyone from over hear has a sound record of this...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Nope I'm actually near Brussels airport.
So it is somewhat south of you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join