It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clermont County Ohio Man dies in jail after force necessary to restrain him..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The results of what caused this man's death are still being waited upon, although he died after jail personnel had to use force to restrain him. I wonder if the truth about his death will come out, or will they try to cover up the true facts concerning his death. Here is the local news article about it..
www.fox19.com...

Here is a quote from the news article.

Clermont County Sheriff A.J. Rodenberg says Vdovick, who was serving six days for a DUI conviction, became disruptive in his cell Saturday morning. When a Jail Supervisor couldn't calm him, Rodenberg says force became necessary, although they don't say what type of force was used.

The last line of this quote makes me question this even more. Force became necessary, but they wouldn't say what type of force. IMO, whatever type of force it was, it either caused or attributed to his death. Thoughts?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Heck with him. I lost three family members to drunk drivers. He got far less than he deserved. Yeah....the law protects the guilty but doesn't even help pay to bury the guilty's dead. Wrong.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee
The results of what caused this man's death are still being waited upon, although he died after jail personnel had to use force to restrain him. I wonder if the truth about his death will come out, or will they try to cover up the true facts concerning his death. Here is the local news article about it..
www.fox19.com...

Here is a quote from the news article.

Clermont County Sheriff A.J. Rodenberg says Vdovick, who was serving six days for a DUI conviction, became disruptive in his cell Saturday morning. When a Jail Supervisor couldn't calm him, Rodenberg says force became necessary, although they don't say what type of force was used.

The last line of this quote makes me question this even more. Force became necessary, but they wouldn't say what type of force. IMO, whatever type of force it was, it either caused or attributed to his death. Thoughts?

"...although they don't say what type of force was used..." reading between the lines....I do think there is a coverup going on....(driving drunk is never ok....) it is a major mistake.....made by a lot of good people....It is sad he had to die this way.....obviously he did not kill someone while he was living....otherwise he would have been in jail a lot longer than 6 days.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

I totally agree with you about drunk drivers, 100%. This topic is about a person dying while in custody. So do you think since he got caught for driving under the influence before he hurt anyone, then he deserves to die? I'm glad they got him off the streets before he did harm anyone, but he didnt deserve the death penalty for his actions..

I'm sorry to hear about your family members. I hope you can find peace someday. I can truly understand your reply....

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
Heck with him. I lost three family members to drunk drivers. He got far less than he deserved. Yeah....the law protects the guilty but doesn't even help pay to bury the guilty's dead. Wrong.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

so he should lose all protection of the law because he endangered others?. if thats how it worked. undertaker would be the best trade to start up in and that would be a sad day for the world

sorry for your loss but justice is still justice regardless of personal exp

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

So do you think since he got caught for driving under the influence before he hurt anyone, then he deserves to die?

Yes. It's no different than getting drunk and running into a crowd waiving a loaded weapon. End result, a nearby cop shoots you. The way I figure it, if your in jail, minus the VERY SMALL percentage of actual innocents people that shouldn't be there, and you get hurt or killed, screw you and yours.

I only hope that this idiot's death was slow and painful as he took his last, pathetic breath.

What if the man that got drunk and raped your daughter was killed in jail this way, how would you feel about it? Doubt you would be thumbing your nose at the system, that's for sure.

Screw this guy. His loss, our gain. Sucks that he dies in a manner that is now going to cust us, the taxpayer more money, but that is a small price to pay compared to him running over your wife while she is getting the mail because he was drunk the crashing into a house three blocks down the street killing somoneon's baby sleeping in her crib.

I hate "the system" and "the man" as much as you hippy conspiracy "gurus" and "freedom fighters"....but the best way not to get KILLED by the man is not to do anything STUPID. And I wait to here the crybabies chime in and tell me "the man" is going to make damn near everything stupid as a reason to kill us all. Get a friggin glue you ignorant fools.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Where was the law when my family was killed? That guy is now out of jail and even has a driver's license. It takes EVERY OUNCE OF MY CONTROL not to hunt him down and kill him slowly (which, if I was ever diagnosed with anything terminal.....I would have to re-consider, lol).

I hope no one here EVER has to feel or go through what I have.

The law in this country bends over backwards for the guilty. Those that don't know what I am talking about are a part of the problem. Go smoke some more pot and watch cable tv.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

If you commit a crime you should do your time. The punishment does not fit the crime in this country. Child molesters are let off with a slap on the wrist and people murder other people and walk the street today. I understand your anger.

But in the case of the guy in this OP, he hadn't hurt anyone or caused any damage yet. Like I said earlier, Im glad he got caught before he did, but he didnt deserve to die. In the case of the drunk driver that killed your family members, that guy DESERVED to die. Someone like that should never be walking the street again.

And something else, I dont smoke POT and I hardly ever watch cable TV. Quit judging me.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

You know before you go and judge this man for drinking and driving which occurs alot, you should really know the circumstances of his illness. You are being very ignorant, this is a man I grew up with and way my brother's beat friend and you sit here and say he deserved this? REALLY?? You are cold hearted and I am very shocked at the disgusting view you have right now. I am sorry you lost people you were close to from drunk driving, I agree it is not right....BUT this man did not deserve death for what he did, he didn't hurt anyone but himself. He had a sickness and people should have been giving him the proper treatment instead of sticking him in a chair and using force against him. I know how the jail works, they will beat you and stick you in that restraint chair and not check on you for hours. I have had someone in my family go through the same thing and watched everything on tape. So before you sit here and judge a man for drinking and driving think about why the man died and that there was something way bigger behind all this that the jail failed to notice. Why was he acting crazy that wasn't like him....maybe he was detoxing and no one cared to give him the treatment he needed. Your ignorant!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Why do they always have to "calm" people down?

Just let them act up until they tire themselves out. They're in a cell. Arent going to hurt anybody but themselves.

Just like children. Feed their fits with attention and it just goes on and on and on.

I guess cops cant just ignore it though. They have to step up the posturing and noise and force. Like children themselves.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Apparently the amount of force they used was too much because they KILLED HIM.

He wasn't deserving of death. We've had Congressmen with more DUI's than you have fingers and they never served any time.

I have a rich uncle that's gotten 3 dui's. Never convicted. $$$ buys you love.

Our +40 million illegal immigrants somehow drive with no insurance or drivers license and kill thousands of Americans every year. I don't drink.....but everyone jumping in and saying this guy deserved to be killed amazes me.

Meanwhile you are popping 60mg of Oxycontin every hour and driving on our roads stoned out of your gourds. Hypocrites.

He didn't deserve death. Those that killed him will get away with it.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I agree that drunk driving cost lives I have lost friends and I believe that no one should drink period but this man was my cousin. He was being disruptive because he was not being given his meds for a medical condition and was being forced into a cell with a man who was "insane". Please do not judge every one because of the mistake of one man, I hate drunk drivers as much as the next but we still have a duty to forgive and help people change not rejoice in their murder.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

dude its one thing if a guy gets killed in jail by other inmates but this was by other officers who were mistreating him. I have a strong background in law enforcement and what these officers did is embarrassing and disgraceful. The fact is he didn't kill anyone not to mention he was already extremely ill and meds were being with held. He was my cousin and despite the fact that I think that drinking in any form is wrong no matter what, I still lost a family member in a disgraceful and cruel way. Think about how you would feel if it was your family member that made a mistake and was in jail for 6 days and was murdered by the people who were suposed to be guarding him not to mention protecting you. I have to desire to be protected by someone who has no compassion and with held meds because they were being punished. I have an ability to forgive which apparently a lot of people dont. I was almost killed by a cemi driver who was not drunk but was driving 20mph to fast for winter roads in a blizzard. I have permanent back problems now but I forgive that man for the mistake he made. Be compassionate or maybe someday you will make a mistake and people will not forgive you.

new topics

top topics

join