It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RFID Chip Technology Being Used At 2011 Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Thought I would post something from my own backyard considering I live an hour from Manchester, Tn and have attended Bonnaroo for the last five years. I am not going this year and this is primarily the reason(Not a fan of the line-up this year either.)

THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR ORDER IS VERY IMPORTANT. PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY: • This year you will receive a new high security wristband with a uniquely coded RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) chip embedded inside. Every wristband will be scanned as you enter & exit the festival site, as well as the Centeroo and Main Venue areas. • Each package shipped will include detailed instructions on the proper procedure for using your Bonnaroo 2011 wristband. It is important that you read these instructions and follow them exactly. Failure to follow these instructions may result in your not being admitted to the festival site. • DO NOT PUT YOUR WRISTBAND ON BEFORE YOU ARRIVE AT THE BONNAROO MUSIC FESTIVAL. Bonnaroo Staff will apply your wristband for you once you arrive at the festival gates. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

www.bonnaroo.com...

I know for a fact as a regular attendee that the line for the gates to get into Centeroo(main festival grounds with the stages and vendors) tends to back up with people and I'm sure that is part of the reasoning behind this. Also, people sneaking in by the thousands has also been a problem since the festival started in 2002.

I cannot help but wonder if this is some kind of experiment for the use of this technology for other means in the U.S. population. I think this is the perfect opportunity to test because there is little resistance...people already bought tickets before this info came out and people are going to go regardless just because it is Bonnaroo. As you might guess and expect, there is a very large drug culture at the festival, so I can't help but wonder if that has something to do with it as well.

Why do I think this? I can assure you as a regular attendee that many that attend this festival are very much ATS like-minded...need I say more?

Side note: Over the last several years I have seen X-pattern chemtrails over the festival grounds...take that for what you will. I still don't know what to make of "chemtrails." Tullahoma Air Force Base is nearby as well as the Tullahoma Aerospace Testing Alliance. Trying to find a picture of one from past years but I believe it is on my other computer.
edit on 22-5-2011 by edgecrusher2199 because: More Info

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

This is all very interesting but I wouldn't wear a wrist band/radio wave thingy. I would feel like I'm wearing an ankle bracelet. These people need to calm the F down

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I doubt the people throwing the festival are thinking of anything but how to keep people from sneaking in. Also thought I'd mention that year before last one of the All Good Music Festival Security guys got stabbed when he tried to bust some nitrous peddlers so it may also aid in catching those who run and keep security personal safer. I still probably wouldn't go to a festival that had to implement such measures though. I will however be at All Good this year as well as Barefoot Festival and a few others. See ya round maybe...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Huh, guess it's been slowly added into all activities of society. Widely accepted, no one with think anything of it, if it's attached to a wrist band when you fly, or go to school or college..., etc. It's just the start.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
This has nothing to do with security and everything to do with being a testing ground for fascism. In past years police helicopters would constantly fly over the grounds taking pictures and filming people, I guess they are stepping it up a notch. This reeks of being a run-through for technology that will track everyone in a city at any given time. Bonnaroo is large, it is basically a 100,000 person strong city. All I know is thank god Phish isn't playing again this year, because then I would have a major decision to make about whether to actually go down and subject myself to this or not.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
i went the first year and i hated every minute of it

way too hot, way too many people

give me a small bluegrass festival any day

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I never go to these large rock festivals anymore... and for similar reasons. Even if you are okay with being tagged, this kind of crap attempts to sterilize and whitewash something that is supposed to be gritty and seedy.

Rock n' Roll.

Back in the day, many of these events were free or at least BYO-Whatever, bring the dog, food, a tent... now they more resemble frat lane at the local U or any other event brought to you by Budweiser.

These days one can't even bring in their own water, but can buy it for $5 per 12 fluid ounces just inside the gate.

Used to be, the $5 got you past the gate and a reentry stamp.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Show some fortitude for rebellions sake! They cant control us when we are unarmed and peacefully protesting they certainly couldnt control us when we are down right p*ssed and firing back

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I have been to the Roo 6 times. Last year I came across quite a few people that either snuck in or bought fake passes. I was kind of upset that some people paid $150 for a fake backstage pass while I paid over $250 for my ticket. When a couple thousand people do not pay $250 plus I could see how they would want to invest in fraud prevention.

Although I hate the idea of RFID chips I would not worry about it any more than the value card at your local grocery store. Just another way they can sell out and give you spam email and offers from all the sponsors that have flooded that place. Many people do keep their wristband after the fest however.. so I don't know if they will use them for evil purposes, I would like to think that they have not completely sold their souls.

I won't be there this year but if I wanted to go this would not stop me. It is so they fill their pockets with cash from overpriced tickets, not the mark of the beast. It doesn't seem to stop anyone else from going either, as the fest has sold out. $20 million
edit on 073131p://000000pMonday by Mushroom Fields Forever because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
People are jumping the gun here. If cash money (not going to happen) will be banned and an RFID chip implant be made mandatory and store your personal data, then you can complain. As it is there is not much more difference to it than an electronic access card.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

Thats what I'm sayin! Its a bracelet that you throw away. I have a card to get into my community ohhh noooooo I'm being tracked by the governemnt, NO I have this card to let me in and keep non residents out it's the same idea. People are friggin cowards these days they claim vigilance then quake in fear as soon as "tptb" "crack down" on them if they are SO against it why not do more than cry about it on the internet ya kno what I mean?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I have been to bonnaroo a bunch and will be going this year I already have the wristband sitting right here nothing special about it...they are doing it because every year in the past people have made fakes and this year it won't be possible...even though it's extremely easy to still sneak in lol it's on a 500 acre farm

top topics

join