It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joplin Missouri Hammered Hard by tornadoes!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Here is Jasper County live feed for EMS & Police. This looks as bad as Tuscaloosa. People flung around like rag dolls. Gas leaks, etc, etc. They're sending in helicopters & setting up triage.

www.radioreference.com...

Also go here & click on the feed from Bryce Kintigh...he's broadcasting earlier footage of the devastation. He is a stormchaser that got there directly after it happened.

www.tornadoalleylive.com...

edit on 22-5-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by J33761636

They just reported that there was a major gas leak with no way of shutting it off, advising all vehicles in the area to move away

link   
Sorry to say this night isn't over - we got thru
the first line of storms alright but I see more
coming our way out of Illinois. My heart
goes out to all that have lost contact
with loved ones. My thoughts and
hopes are with those that live in the
areas hit by tornados.

Does anyone have updates from
Minnesota, Missouri and any other
areas that got tornados?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

great link!!! there cell phones are down so you can hear everything.. God bless all them its a mess over there HUGE gas leak being reprted.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Listening now.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Police cant seem to get help! They have victims that they cant even get to and are not able to assist without help which is not coming. They need drivers to take people to hospitals.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

reply to post by rancher1

No credit here, I found the link in the comments section of a FEMA blog post that was on facebook. There are USAR teams deploying to the area now from all around the region but it won't be until morning until most will make it there if they are traveling by car or truck

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I'm listening to Weather's live stream. www.weather.com...

He said "mobile mortuaries" were enrout for "the mass fatalities".

He is saying anyone who wants to help, from other areas/States, contact Red Cross.
edit on 22-5-2011 by simone50m because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
National Guard has been deployed but they have not been seen yet. They are using a highschool for triage.

7 DOAs at the local Nursing home.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

ya the only problem is that hospital as been devastated to.. There in a lot of trouble over there...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Not good..

JOPLIN - ) NATURAL GAS LEAK FROM A DWELLING- FIREFIGHTER ON SCENE REQ. ADDTL FIRE DEPARTMENT UNITS- AREA BEING EVACUATED. [MAS163

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
A sonagram picture was found over 100 miles away from Joplin. Wow, 100 miles away.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Daisy go to my links. Updates there & you can follow the chat on TornadoAlleyLive

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Had to be a F3 at least,, 100 miles no way!!!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Joplin has set up a temporary morgue. People offering to use trucks to haul the bodies.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Now there getting into fisticuffs, What the H, and a guy is throwing body's into the back of his pick up...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rancher1

I dont know, there were some serious straight lines winds associated with these storms in reported excess of 80 mph.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Police just said they found tons of people just trying to regroup. He said to dispatch in a very sad voice.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

Thank you, I have been doing that.
Terrible tragedy

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
Thanks antar for this thread! I'm a little in shock right now.

A member of ATS Cloudsinthesky, my very dear friend and partner at testtherain.com, lives in Joplin! Please pray for him and his families safety, as there has been no word.

Thank you,
Pax

I spoke with Cloudsinthesky, he is ok, and even has power, lol! No internet or cable though. My brother was falling the storm, and he saw the devastation as it happened. He is now helping shuttle people to shelters. There are indeed bodies in the streets and in stranded vehicles. Priority right now is searching for live people, so the bodies aren't getting a lot of attention yet.

So far my whole family in the area is ok. An in-law had her vehicles destroyed and her neighbors house chopped in half, but her house is ok.

I will report more as I get it from them.

edit on 22-5-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join