It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New dark knight villian

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Yahoo movies....

To make a modern superhero blockbuster, it's not just enough that the movie is good: The campaign to get people excited has to be executed just as perfectly. Why anyone would need to get more excited about "The Dark Knight Rises" (which just started shooting) is beyond The Projector, but we do love the first salvo from the Warner Bros.' publicity people that happened today.

and I followed the link

Joblo .com

To coincide with the DARK KNIGHT RISES Start of Production announcement yesterday (even though filming technically began about a week ago), Warner Bros. quietly launched the TDKR official website this morning. And? Your guess is as good as mine!

The page is completely black with absolutely no imagery. All there is at this point is a sound file (titled "rises") that plays automatically when the page is loaded. It's some kind of chanting like TEMPLE OF DOOM style. Or perhaps more correctly, Lazarus Pit style.

Of course this is all speculation at this point and no one really knows what this is just yet. Maybe someone will recognize the language and be able to decipher exactly what is going on here.

Head over to the site yourself and see if you can figure out exactly what's going on (or find something hidden that no one else has seen yet...).

UPDATE 3 - It's the first photo of Tom Hardy as Bane! The hashtags are still filling in but this is what you'll see when the mosaic is complete. Click to see in hi-res!

both had this pic
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5b018dbfcf8d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Bane wiki

Bane is a fictional character that appears in comic books published by DC Comics. The character first appeared in Batman: Vengeance of Bane #1 (January 1993), and was created by Chuck Dixon, Doug Moench, and Graham Nolan. Bane has been one of Batman's more physically and intellectually powerful foes. A virtually unstoppable juggernaut, he is best known for breaking Batman's back in the "Knightfall" story arc.

IGN's list of the Top 100 Comic Book Villains of All Time ranked Bane as #34.[1]

and his background

Fictional character biography

Bane was born in the fictional Caribbean Republic of Santa Prisca, in a prison called Peña Dura ("Hard Rock"). His father Edmund Dorrance had been a revolutionary and had escaped Santa Prisca's court system. The corrupt government however decreed that his young son would serve out the man's life sentence, and thus Bane's childhood and early adult life are spent in the amoral penitentiary environment.[3][4] Though imprisoned, his natural abilities allow him to develop extraordinary skills within the prison's walls. He reads as many books as he can get his hands on, builds up his body in the prison's gym, and learns to fight in the merciless school of prison life. Despite his circumstances, he finds teachers of various sorts during his incarceration, ranging from hardened convicts to an elderly Jesuit priest, under whose tutelage he apparently receives a classical education. Bane murders this priest upon his return to Santa Prisca years later. However, he commits his first murder at the age of eight, stabbing a criminal who wanted to use him to gain information about the prison.[4] During his years in prison, Bane carries a teddy bear he calls Osito (Spanish for "little bear"), whom he considers his only friend.[5] It is revealed that Osito has a hole in his back to hold a knife that Bane uses against anyone who bullies him.[3][4]

Bane ultimately establishes himself as the "king" of Peña Dura prison. The prison's controllers take note and eventually force him to become a test subject for a mysterious drug known as Venom,[4] which had killed all other subjects; the drug is administered by a doctor who bears a passing resemblance to another Batman foe, Dr. Hugo Strange. Later, in Vengeance of Bane II the very same doctor encounters Bane again in Gotham and it can be confirmed that it is not Hugo Strange, who at that point in Batman continuity was a crazed psychologist and not a surgeon.[4] The Peña Dura prison Venom experiment nearly kills Bane at first, but he survives and finds the drug vastly increases his physical strength, although he needs to take it every 12 hours (via a system of tubes pumped directly into his brain) or he would suffer debilitating side-effects.[3][4]

sum it up...

born in prison
used as experiment with drug Venom...

ruled prison

broke batmans back...
-used all the other villians to tire Batman out

Lost to armored Azrael

Later loses to batman in round duce...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/30f6a5602b9d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
It's gonna be Bane and Catwoman for sure. That pic right there is Bain. I don't know who else they would throw in. I know ra's al ghul is making another appearance or has something to do with the story....maybe lazarus pits to bring back ra's? Who knows...i know they might be going by the old-school comic story line
im excited either way. Oh btw....is heath ledger gonna be in numba 3?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sp33d

I hope you know heath ledger is dead.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
bman 2012

The two previous batman movies titled, “Batman begins” and “The Dark Knight”, were both very successful. These two movies gained too much positive feedbacks and reviews from different people all over the world. These two movies were both directed by a brilliant director Christopher Nolan. Heath Ledger’s undeniably outstanding acting on “The Dark Knight” will forever be in minds and hearts of Batman fans. Nevertheless, fans are hoping to get the same amount of quality for its next sequel The Batman3.

I am not so sure this will be bane completely...

the Riddler and Catwoman are scheduled here...

One of the most important roles in the film “the riddler” (enemy of Batman) has yet to be finalized. There are rumors saying that Eddie Murphy, Joseph Gordon Levitt and Johnny Depp are the three candidates for playing “the riddler” on the film. They still haven’t released who’s who with regards to the role of “the riddler”. In addition, the actress to play “Catwoman” in the film also is still unknown. But there are rumors pointing Maggie Gyllenhaal, Cher and Maegan Fox to play this role.

I saw the poster and thought...

How cool Dr.who is guest starring

edit on 22-5-2011 by ripcontrol because: say not equal saw

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sp33d

waiting to see if they bring out the black lantern rings...

Although a completely CGI performance by a dead star would make a movie

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Maggie Gyllenhall as catwoman??? She replaced Katie Holmes as whats her face jiggamawatt. She really shouldn't be playing catwoman. Plus her character died in TDK.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Yes I know Heath Ledger is dead
just a little dark humor.

Also They already have a catwoman role. It's going to be played by Anne Hathaway

No word on the Riddler on this one yet.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

the post below yours confirmed the actress...

its hathaway

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sp33d

I know

if taken seriously the only way would be cgi which I have wondered about on h-wood for a while

I was waiting on the hathaway thing but you found a better source on confirmation quicker then I did kudos

I hope the story avoids the trap that fell into with banes last appearance...
edit on 22-5-2011 by ripcontrol because: stroy not a wrod

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Yah Bane's last movie was just horrid lol Arnold ? I mean cmon. It seems like he'll have some more role playing in this one. Like a main villain type of deal. You hit good with the Lazarus Pits because that has something to do with Ra's Al Ghul who seems like hes gonna be a constant villain...Should make for some nice twists

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Can anyone explain the Lazarus Pits plz?

Also Tom Hardy should be effin awesome. Not only does he have an uber cool role in "Inception" but he also played Charles Bronson in the film "Bronson" and he is nuts. It's a must see for anyone who can stand the crazy and violent. True story too.

I'm not too familier with the comic stories but does having Bane mean Poison Ivy's just around the corner somewere too? Isn't her venom and his venom the same/similar?
edit on 22-5-2011 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Lazurus Pit - wiki

Lazarus Pits were accidentally discovered by Ra's al Ghul in an effort to cure a dying prince of the sultan he worked for. Ra's al Ghul dug a pit where he discovered the restorative chemical pools that he dubbed a Lazarus Pit for its abilities to heal those at death's door. After using the pit to save the life of the prince, a side effect of the pit's restorative abilities revealed itself as the prince went mad and killed Ra's al Ghul's wife, Sora. Blamed for his wife's murder, Ra's al Ghul was left to die, buried in the desert, but was soon rescued by his own tribe and a boy named Huwe. Afterward, he used the tribe to gain vengeance for what happened to him and proceeded to call himself the "Head of the Demon".

a little later

Powers and composition

Lazarus Pits are composed of a unique unknown chemical blend that bubbles up somewhere within the Earth's crust to the surface at key points on Earth, typically at the junction of ley lines. The substance possesses the ability to rejuvenate the sick and injured, and even resurrect the dead. The pits also decrease the age of the user depending on how long they stay submerged in the pit. If a healthy person goes into the pits, they will be killed in most instances.

In addition to the pits' regenerative uses, their power has also been used as a weapon. When Nyssa confronts the Injustice Society, she claims that the staffs wielded by her soldiers "channel the power of the Lazarus Pits" and have the ability to destroy both Solomon Grundy and Gentleman Ghost.[3]

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

as far as i know no...

poison Ivy is separate weapon

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Thanks dude.

So is it just healing, or a full on Fountain of youth type deal?

I never liked Uma's Ivy, but I know Ivy can be a real badass with her power, if she ever did pop up in one of Nolans Batmans, I think he could do her justice.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I'm surprised by some of the posts in here.

You really didn't know Anne Hathaway was playign Catwoman until today? Even though it had been confirmed months ago? Along with Bane and Catwoman being the only additional Batman characters added? (No, Riddler is NOT in it, Chris Nolan confirmed that last year at the same time he said that he wouldn't try to recast The Joker)

I'm excited for it but when I saw that Bane image last week......ehh, not sure what to think yet.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

could you post a link to your info and the quote of him saying it...

thank you

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
imdb has a cast listing and Matthew Modine is listed in the cast without a role. Odds are, he's another villain.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Nixon I have to dig...

Ew- Mathew Modine

from about midway through

Nolan is continuing the trend with The Dark Knight Rises: EW has confirmed that Matthew Modine, star of Full Metal Jacket and Married to the Mob, has been cast in the upcoming Bat-threequel. A report in Variety said that Modine was playing a character named “Nixon,” but Modine’s reps couldn’t confirm that piece of information. (Given Nolan’s penchant for secrecy, I’m still not convinced that The Dark Knight Rises isn’t just a cover for the filming of Inception 2: The Dreaming.)

going to dig... it sounds like a gangster from a read a long time ago

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

comic site... reading

seems to think it is a Nolan created character....

I could have sworn no their is a villian with that name...

agh!!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join