It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rational Wiki Anyone...? According to one page ATS Branded as Nutters- Comet Elenin Thread Linked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Hopefully the title says it all.

Whilst tryng to research some info, I happend upon a site I had neve heard of up until now, Rational Wiki.

Apologies to those who are already in the know, but for those who don't, it appears to be a bit like traditional wikipeadia, but with a twist, in their own words....

Navigating the fishpond of internet loonies without a bicycle.

The page which led to typing this thread, is about Comet Elenin

I wish I could just copy the text straight across, but unfortunately computer and brain are both limited at present.

The part in question, follows "external links" on the page.

Personally for me I find this disconcerting, in part because any info posted on ATS about Elenin is being seen as questionable to the point of writing people off as mad, although there is a lot of information on here that is highly speculative, and an even greater portion that is out and out wrong, there are those members who do put out good, solid fact.

So perhaps from now on peeps, we should try to be more resourceful about backing up any claims made with regard to Elenin ?

What do you think ?

edit on 22-5-2011 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

They say, "the big print gives it to you and the small print takes it away". Like those sweepstakes offers. "Joe Smith you have won a million dollars". Asterisk. Small print, "if you name is drawn in our lucky, lucky sweepstakes drawing".

Some stuff you look into just seems to fade away with closer examination. I was fascinated by this story, Elenin, and kept looking into it. Some of the story seems to have held up well. Who is Leonid Elenin? This is where things seem dodgy.

I am convinced there is a sky object, what it is, that's another question. A comet is not large enough to create a gravitational trough. Could not cause an earth quake. So what is Elenin?
A sky object for now.

Looking through alignment dates and distances, there seems to be a problem. On my notes for Elenin, I have a sidebar comment relating to the Sept. date. I simply wrote "this one".

Scheduled alignment Sept. 26-27, 2011.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It accurately describes a lot of people on this forum. I mean, there are a lot of sane, rational people on here, but equally there are also a lot of loons
edit on 22/5/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
Your problem is? It accurately describes a lot of people on this forum

Lol

It's not that I have a problem passe, its that the credibility of those who do put up valid, and factual based information (myself not included, as I'm rubbish), are being lumped in with the more colourful members. The page does not descriminate appropriately, just lumps everyone together.

Just being precious

Side note, yet equally valid, Godlikeproductions are equally as nutty too, as per Rational Wiki's page.
edit on 22-5-2011 by solargeddon because: Spelling mistake, that stood out a mile to me

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
It accurately describes a lot of people on this forum. I mean, there are a lot of sane, rational people on here, but equally there are also a lot of loons
edit on 22/5/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

And therein lies the problem. I've noticed a growing population here at ATS lately. It's as if a huge population shifted from a hundred other sites and settled here. "Wanna-believe" types who don't care how loony it sounds--they just want to be heard and apparently think this is the place to present it. No evidence? Not relevant! No witnesses? Not important! No data? Youtube! It's already caused who-knows-how-many solid, intelligent, contributing members to take their leave.

Well, welcome all! And bring Sorcha Faal with you!

Oh, wait....

new topics

top topics

join