It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only the Beginning - The REAL Reason behind May 21st, 2011 and the Rapture Prophecy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+173 more 
posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
So now that May 21st has come and gone for the entire world, we can finally put to rest the prophesy of Harold Camping that the rapture would sweep all the righteous away. The man has disappeared, but the wake he has left behind him is astounding, and in my opinion - a controlled deception.

There is a reason for it all. There is a reason that the powers that be allowed the message of May 21st to become so widespread; that they allowed the main stream media to report on it and subsequently pass it off as a bad joke. What has happened with the date is not just a failed prophecy, but the painting of a picture that is intended to last within the minds of all for years to come.

"Anyone who believes in such wacky ideas like this - is a complete loon."

I feel that October will be the second of the days to discredit those who have ever called for something drastic to happen to the world - to silence all the purveyors of 2012 and anything that might come. Regardless of what government are doing behind close doors to prepare for some kind of event, regardless how many signs point to some kind of change in the woodwork, and regardless of how chaotic this world comes or how many lies the people finally figure out - those who spread possibility, who spread information, who preach about the end of an age - they will all be lunatics, the same fringe who believed in May 21st and the rapture. They will all become Harold Camping's.

Not that many aren't already. To some people the theories of the "end of an age" and the countless 2012 possibilities are all sure signs of a lunatic. Some people will refuse to believe the lessons of the past and many will continue to believe that the world and humanity as it stands is invincible. Some people will remain ignorant to the proven underground bunkers and supplies that government have prepared leading up to SOME event. The ignorant ones will be deemed sane. The ones spreading warning will be Harold Camping, will be the fringe, and will be ignored completely.

To me, and and I daresay to many others, we recognize the changes in the world over the past couple of years. Some will try to rationalize it under science, even though it does not do justice to past evidence. Some will try to subject it to coincidence even though to them - there is no coincidence. The world continues to change, and at a quickening pace. Some will try to tell me that natural disasters have always been this bad in the past. They are lying to themselves. Some will try to tell me that mass animal die offs are a common occurrence, even though only a handful can be found for any given couple of years prior. Some will tell me that the economies of the world are recovering, and the the powers are NOT suicidally jumping headfirst into everything. They only make me laugh.

The world is changing. Regardless of whether it has to do with 2012 or any other man proposed prophesy, there should be no doubt in anybody's mind that we are entering into a new age of humanity, of our planet. But do realize that no matter how much truth there is to that- you will have to stay strong. If you think you were ridiculed for your beliefs and your observations before... just wait until now. Not only out there in the world, but here on ATS - ridiculing for the believers of such things is going to grow exponentially, and the entire time the powers that be are going to be watching and laughing while they prepare to hide in their shelters for whatever it is that is coming.

Mark my words. This is only the beginning.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Nice point, because I was about to write this exact same thing just a minute ago.

Star and flag
I agree with you.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I think this was an interesting read. I can surely see how this whole ordeal is designed to implant negative and stereotyping associatons in the heads of the regular people regarding such prophecies, only to find out that the next prophecy (elenin in sept/oct or 2012) is based on truth but will be ridiculed by the masses even more.

Fascinating take on this OP, I will monitor the media on this subject.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Throughout earths history the earth has had periods of increased meteorological,volcanic and seismic activity the rule to such periods is adapt or die,man is the most adaptable creature I am aware of and will get through it,some places will become more dangerous/unpleasant to live in,some will get better population will adjust accordingly.

Yes society may be headed for great difficulty but this is the result of abject human stupidity and greed on a positive note we now have science and reason to offset negative manifest destinies.

God aint got much to do with it,Harold Camping should be arrested for being a public nuisance spreading fear and terror,people even suicided over concerns for this assholes prognostications.It is about time man woke up and accepted responsibility for his own future God aint coming and he sure as hell aint gonna solve any problems for us.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

While on one side, one could see that this may have been a test for the reactions of doomsday prophecy that was actually invested into. Camping basically had a mini campaign trail of advertisements, he wasn't the crazy guy with the microphone on Hollywood Blvd. - basically, how much money and how much advertisement does even a false prophecy need to be spread in order to create some sense of worry or paranoid reaction? Someone has his figures

On the other hand, he didn't have much support from the start. Its not like the 12/21/12, it was basic guess math mixed with Christianity. What Camping needed was something astrological!! People like alignment theories and obscure incoming radio signals. The more mystery the better!

Just imagine if someone had twice as much as Camping's resources but instead mixed in some of the theories from ATS? The media would still cover it, except the discussion would be more convincing for the gullible and meek minds who do take precaution when there gut tells them they may be in danger.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I agree with you 100%.
I don't know the date on which world and humanity will change.
I don't know if it will be through mass destruction or now but i do know that it has to happen sooner or later.
World is changing and it can't stay like this for very long.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Yes.

The real reason the elites' astroturf "Evangelical Christian" group promoted this patently ridiculous date is so that when the end of 2012 comes around, the wheels don't come off the cart before they are supposed to. 12-21-12 is the fake end of the world and there will be many other signs that will distress people, but they need to balance their fear-mongering with ridicule so that people will still go to their jobs, keep society functioning UNTIL the elites spring their trap on people. If they didn't make a mockery of "end times", there would be mass hysteria and rioting. Which they DO want, but only at the right time.

Then when the trap goes off, everyone will be like, "Huh, it really is the end!!! Somebody, anybody save us!!!" And then it's NWO to the rescue.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

ok, there may well be a link to the 2012 (that will more correctly happen in October 2011)

but... the 2012'ers are getting pushed into a Fringe area...
whereas the "Fourth Turning" might just blow the Camping supporters and the 2012'ers away.

how about a side by side comparison between 2012 & Fourth Turning
and how either can be a springboard for the Camping crusaders

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I was thinking this same thing yesterday after seeing all the threads on ATS. Not to mention that is all the neighborhood joked about.
Star and flag
I agree with you as well.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

S&F from me. I certainly see something deep in the Media Hype that surrounded May 21, 2011.

And to tell you the truth, I am beyond certain there is a concerted effort to silence all
Conspiracies, and its theorists.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

i loved reading this .SF
perfect , thanks

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

He was just another deluded fool sharing his vision with the world. That some tiny minority bought into the BS is nothing new. It's been done already...and many times over. Every 'damned' doomsayer and bringer of secret knowledge has failed miserably.

Unfortunately, or predictably, depending on your perspective, the target audience rarely learn and continue on...looking for the next thrill-seeking ride towards doomsday or imaginary transcendence.

The story got spammed across the media because it was a total joke and guaranteed to attract attention. No conspiracy at all.

Hang on a while and the next ridiculous claim will be along shortly. The same type of mentality that feeds on this nonsense will be at the front of the queue clamouring the same old BS and wetting their pants over nothing.

When 2012 passes with no more humanitarian disasters and screw-ups than we usually manage, those same people will already be riding the next crazy train to Stupidsville.

When most people make mistakes, they learn from them, these folk see mistakes as validation and insist that some false flag op is responsible for their, possibly genetic, lack of critical thinking.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
counter intelligence at play. star and flag.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

You are being paranoid, stop doing that haha

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Well stated and brilliantly executed.

One of those rare posts worth reading twice. I did. S&F.

+10 more 
posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Here's how i see it...

Say the world is going to end in 2012, say its a comet or something that's going to strike the earth, say some how there are bunkers deep underground that could keep the elite alive....

the world will take millions of years to recovery, you will never see a forest again, you will never hike a mountain again. You will never gaze upon the sea again. These are the things that matter to me, i love nature i love the outdoors, which is why i live in Alaska.

If the world is going to end in 2012 and there is nothing you can do about it, then why bother worrying? even if i had some uncle or something who worked for TPTB and gave me a pass to one of these "secret bunkers" i wouldn't go, i would rather die with my loved ones then spend the remainder of my life in some concrete bunker waiting out my miserable existence merely to survive longer then others.

If somethings gonna end it, it'll end it, you're better off just living your life like its not going to happen because if it is gonna happen, you're either dead or kissing you own ass in a bunker somewhere.

Either way you wont really be "alive"
edit on 5/22/2011 by Alaskan Man because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Yes, Harold was a loon and all his evidence sketchy BUT, your pet doomsday is totally different... right?

I think it is simply human ego, thinking their time, their circumstance is special.

Here in the US, you can still scream from the mountain tops "THE END IS NIGH !" Harold was simply using the money he had to trumpet his belief. No different than anyone else, accept, he had more money and followers than most, and had the gall to actually pick a hard date.

Ridicule is the payment of ego's folly. So sayeth Variable. So pick your date. I will be here to give the recompense you justly deserve.

Being prepared is one thing, stuff happens... I'm all for that. Just don't buy the hype. I doubt we are smart enough, as a species, to see our true doom. We need a few more millennia to get there, me thinks.

Variable

edit on 5/22/2011 by Variable because: poor grammar

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Rolling on the floor laughing

Good post and so true star you get good sir I bid you well.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
If any of you believe that something "Earth Shattering" is going to happen in 2012, you're also going to be very disappointed. Same as this latest "Earth Is Going To End" Hoax.

I can't believe so many people actually thought it was going to happen.
Why do most of you believe all this crap without any Evidence? Why do most of you believe the word of one looney person out there that says the world is going to end?

It's no wonder this planet is in trouble. You just have to look at the state of people. They're willing to believe in anything without an inkling of proof. Even when there is proof debunking something, most of you still won't believe the proof and go with some story that sounds fascinating.
There's no proof that HAARP has anything to do with changing weather and causing earthquakes. But most of you believe that HAARP is doing evil things to the planet and there is not one little piece of evidence that HAARP is responsible. That doesn't matter though, does it? You all would rather believe some story that maybe one person made up and others latched onto it and started spreading it.

I thought Intelligent people would believe in things that had proof associated with events and not just heresay from one or more people. Then again, when there is proof that doesn't agree with most of your beliefs, you choose to ignore it.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Interesting idea, OP, but I think its just a matter of simple human stupidity.

Humans have always fallen for apocalyptical, messianic movements. Seems to happen from time to time in almost any nation.

TPTB let it happen because...they don't care, not really. And they know these things come and go, leaving very little mark on the wider society.

My opinion only.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join