It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Media Changing Story's Again !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Ok so we all know about the rapture, Harold Camping etc.

But i've just had a chat with my friend who also feels the same about this as me. The MSM is reporting that the 21 May 2011 was the supposed 'End Of The World'. Where did they get this? My facebook page was swamped with people chatting about it, when I asked them if they knew the true story about Harold Camping and the 3% of the worlds population going into the heavens they thought I was mentally challenged.

Why has the MSM changed Harold Campings story of the rapture and a small percentage of the worlds population going missing and entering the heavens to the 'End Of The World', Harold Camping says the world will end on October 11 2011.

Is this even more proof the MSM changes story's to suit themselves??
edit on 22-5-2011 by BenWoodsYcc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The most obvious answer is that you're wrong and it really was the 11th. It's called the Matrix. Next most obvious is the email/fax with the instructions had a misspelling; 11 in stead of 21.
edit on 22-5-2011 by billxam because: Spilling corruption

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by billxam
The most obvious answer is that you're wrong and it really was the 11th. It's called the Matrix. Next most obvious is the email/fax with the instructions had a misspelling; 11 in stead of 21.
edit on 22-5-2011 by billxam because: Spilling corruption

Personally I dont see where your going with this? Explain please I dont understand?

I wanted opinions on why the MSM changed Harold Campings story?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Maybe it's because with anything they don't consider "serious" news, they don't bother checking or presenting the facts. There used to be a widely-agreed-upon "Only in California" meme in the mainstream news industry. (I don't know if it still exists, as I only catch the MSM news out of the corner of my eye these days.) They could, and did, put whatever spin they wanted on "Only in California," because it amused the masses; and anyone who called them out on it automatically painted themselves as a wingnut.

Maybe you should set them straight....

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
Maybe it's because with anything they don't consider "serious" news, they don't bother checking or presenting the facts. There used to be a widely-agreed-upon "Only in California" meme in the mainstream news industry. (I don't know if it still exists, as I only catch the MSM news out of the corner of my eye these days.) They could, and did, put whatever spin they wanted on "Only in California," because it amused the masses; and anyone who called them out on it automatically painted themselves as a wingnut.

Maybe you should set them straight....

I wish I could set them straight, but if i tried the general population would probably refer to me as a wingnut! Yet again another no win situation...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by BenWoodsYcc

But i've just had a chat with my friend who also feels the same about this as me. The MSM is reporting that the 11 May 2011 was the supposed 'End Of The World'. Where did they get this? My facebook page was swamped with people chatting about it, when I asked them if they knew the true story about Harold Camping and the 3% of the worlds population going into the heavens they thought I was mentally challenged.

Why has the MSM changed Harold Campings story of the rapture and a small percentage of the worlds population going missing and entering the heavens to the 'End Of The World', Harold Camping says the world will end on October 11 2011.

I think whichever MSM you saw this on, just made a mistake. I saw it covered on TV news stations all day yesterday, and they were all even showing the billboards that said May 21. I didn't hear anyone say May 11.

As far as the rapture vs. the end of the world, I don't know. Maybe interpretation by the news anchors? Lots of the news talked about both rapture and/or end of the world.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

Originally posted by BenWoodsYcc

But i've just had a chat with my friend who also feels the same about this as me. The MSM is reporting that the 11 May 2011 was the supposed 'End Of The World'. Where did they get this? My facebook page was swamped with people chatting about it, when I asked them if they knew the true story about Harold Camping and the 3% of the worlds population going into the heavens they thought I was mentally challenged.

I think whichever MSM you saw this on, just made a mistake. I saw it covered on TV news stations all day yesterday, and they were all even showing the billboards that said May 21. I didn't hear anyone say May 11.

As far as the rapture vs. the end of the world, I don't know. Maybe interpretation by the news anchors? Lots of the news talked about both rapture and/or end of the world.

Just realised i put 11 instead of 21, I really am a douche !! But the point i was getting to is the MSM changing the story and ultimately the population get the wrong information.

top topics

join