It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Handicapped Man Picked Up From Wheelchair And SMASHED Into The Ground By D.C. Police.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+64 more 
posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

A handicapped man is literally picked up from his motorized scooter / wheelchair and smashed into the ground. Cops leave him there for the duration of the video as he leaves a puddle of blood on the ground.

Okay, so there really is not much context to the video, it starts out as the cops approaching the guy, the guy struggles / resists arrest, and he is smashed into the ground. Honestly, is it really that hard to restrain an older handicapped man ? Maybe they were in front of the White House ( this happened in D.C. allegedly) ???? Either way I don't think this is acceptable and is obviously police brutality.

Whatever the reason for the confrontation , it is safe to say he didn't have a warrant out for murder or bike/auto theft (:lol
. He was most likely taken down for something PETTY.

+5 more 
posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Im getting really sick of seeing this police brutality stuff.. martial law any one?

+1 more 
posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I'm not suprised by anything these jack-booted thugs do anymore. It is sick. Thanks for posting this anyway. S&F.

+29 more 
posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
THAT was totally unnecessary. It's not like he could flee, or endanger the police in any way (unless he had a gun.)

And people wonder why ordinary citizens are getting FED UP with abusive cops.

I challenge any LEO on ATS to defend what we just saw.

+6 more 
posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
My dad was an officer many years ago. Back then I had much respect for them, but today, wow, they have crossed over so many lines it isn't even funny. Yeah, there are some good honest ones still left, but most are way too eager to take someone down to the ground. It's a rush, a high and they all seek it to feel big and bad in a uniform. Power hungry. Those are the ones that are a disgrace to the uniform and they only serve & protect themselves. I'd love to represent the guy in the wheel chair. His pay day is coming, that's for sure.

+6 more 
posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
*sigh*

And they wonder why people hang up when they call for donations every Spring and Fall. They could've just towed this guy to the station if they thought he was being a threat of some sort.

"Dispatch. We've got a fugitive heading down broadway. Yeah, he's tearing down the sidewalk right now. We're asking permission to establish a road block. He's comin' in hot.... at 3 miles per hour. Over."
edit on 22-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
That is *snip* disgusting...........

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 22-5-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

You can tell the cop knew he did something wrong "just move on everyone, cmon."

Maybe he realized he and his buddy didn't need to rip the older man out of his wheel chair and put him to the ground head first. Considering the fact that he's a lanky little man, and the cop doing the talking is pretty hefty. Go figure.

Honestly, where is the common sense with cops these days? Many think they are just the ****. The uniform and badge gets to their head.

+18 more 
posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
A prediction....

Soon it will be a felony nationwide to photograph, video or otherwise record LEO activity.

Then we will have moved completely into the America brand of fascism.

No matter what the disabled man said...there was no call for that sort of brutality.

How does it feel to look into the future; one video clip at a time?

edit on 22-5-2011 by whaaa because: PT lives

+16 more 
posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
A prediction....

Soon it will be a felony nationwide to photograph, video or otherwise record LEO activity.

Then we will have moved completely into the America brand of fascism.

No matter what the disabled man said...there was no call for that sort of brutality.

How does it feel to look into the future; one video clip at a time?

edit on 22-5-2011 by whaaa because: PT lives

Welcome to Illinois! We cant even record officers on our home surveillance... they make us shut the whole system down when they come pounding on the door.... This is getting out of hand... I have my own story to tell about police corruption, but that is for another day..

Did I mention we had to install the video surveillance BECAUSE of police corruption? ZERO crime in our neighborhood, but the cops do love to harass you for absolutely NOTHING!

I have a perfectly running 2000 Dodge dakota, that now has to sit in a mud pit behind the house because it hasnt moved in 3 weeks... I cant afford gas, sorry! I have 2 cars, but apparently the cops think that since Im not using the truck, that gives them the right to tow it out of my driveway and sell it at auction?! they said it was broken down... IT HAS NO RUST AND DRIVES PERFECTLY! I paid it off 3 months ago...

When did it become illegal for you to own something just because you cant use it that month?!

*Rant over.....sorry...*
edit on 22-5-2011 by sm0k3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2011 by sm0k3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

You have to wonder what is in the minds of these officers, that they can justify such an abuse of power on a handicapped older man?? It is truly frightening that these type of people have a badge, a gun and authority over us. I hope they are criminally charged and lose their jobs as police officers.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
More disturbing is the fact that people just watch, they barely speak out against it for fear they will be next.
What do these steroid fed retard apemen have to do before the people of america decide enough is enough?
I used to think these stories were steps closer to the straw that breaks the camels back. But this seems not to be the case anymore. The frog is almost boiled, he won't jump now.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracytheoristIAM

Yeah but we all know they will probably get a commendation for this. These animals need to be put down. The police in the UK are not far behind. They prey on the weak and vulnerable. I fear the police more than I fear muggers and violence from other people.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

I hate the ACLU but I bet they would have a field day with this one

Star and Flag BTW. I hope ATS sets up the special category for this type of abuse. It would be something to stick your representative's nose in!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
They could've just used road spikes.

[2nd line]

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Pretty discusting. On the other hand is nothing new and it will keep on happening and nothing will ever change.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
another one bites the dust:shk:

it's only going to get worse. Americans are becoming the terrorist in the eyes of LEO's.

+3 more 
posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I foresee a day comin in the near future
where the mass populace will give the
same ultimatum to the police that Bush
gave to the public:

You're either with us
or you're with the terrorists.

decide

+1 more 
posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Just another reason to hate cops. We all started from a position of respect of law enforcement, but over time everyone learns the only appropriate eotion with these subhumans is loathing. I know longer feel sad when I hear of a cop killing and I'm a normal, middle-aged middle clas husband and father of 4. I feel for their spouse and chidren, but know the cop will rot in hell if there is a hell. "Good cop or not," because there are no good cops because those never turn in their brothers, nor prevent the excessive force. Sorry LEOs, you have brought it on yourself.

You shoul know that this is STANDARD police tactics taught in their classes. Take down, hard and fast to neutralize the, er, threat; the theory being it reduces the chance others will be harmed. it is all a lie and we need new laws preventing this sort of action UNLESS and ONLY UNLESS imminent severe bodily harm is likely AND it cannot be prevented by less forceful means. ALL and EVERY incident should be evaluated with witnesses anonymously interviewed. Cops found in violation should be permanently barred from ever holding a job in the public trust AND their retirement should be forfieted AND they should be fined AND they should be forced to pay personally for the medical care of the victim. No second chances. Do it once, you are done, no excuses, no accidents.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

o'well it's their own freedoms and family who will suffer due to their actions (and everybody else obviously).
but it always amazes me that cops act that way in a supposidly 'free' country. they obviously cannot see past the orders or power hungry fetish (not sure which) to understand how their behaviour makes it o.k. for another cop to treat their family in the same way if an inncident occurs, that inncident does not have to be serious either, there are plenty of examples of people beat down over pretty minor inncidents.

i am pretty certain the cop called out in that inncident is not going to know the said person is related to (insert name) who is working in the same police departement or that they are related to any random cop. so basically it is not just us they are hurting, they are hurting themselves and putting their families in potential danger who may get slammed to the floor in simular circumstances thanks to their actions which made it acceptable among police to behave in this manner.

edit on 22-5-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join