It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to spot a psychopath

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Hi all,
if this thread is in the wrong forum i opologise in advance

Yesterday there was a thread about royalty eating human flesh. This reminded me of the true story of sweeny
todd, heres the link to more info
knowledgeoflondon.com...
so after reading that i came across this link on how to spot a psychopath,and after reading you realise there is more
psychopaths than i ever thought, maybe me or you...heres the paragraph followed by the link....dave

It was visiting hour at Broadmoor psychiatric hospital and patients began drifting in to sit with their loved ones at tables and chairs that had been fixed to the ground. They were mostly overweight, wearing loose, comfortable T-shirts and elasticated sweatpants. There probably wasn't much to do in Broadmoor but eat. I wondered if any of them were famous. Broadmoor was where they sent Ian Brady, the Moors murderer, and Peter Sutcliffe, the Yorkshire Ripper.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Please read: Posting Work Written by Others!
edit on May 22nd 2011 by greeneyedleo because: added proper EX tags and left mod note.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
They cause pain and anguish to others and show no remorse or empathy.They are easy to spot, usually they apper on tv in suits and have titles such as Prime Minister or President.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

Well.....I'm a psychopath then I'm not overweight but I fit it to a T. Dang, I'm crazy...no wonder it's easy for me to snap, well I'm not a murderer. Just a person with common sense(Not much of that now, I guess)
edit on 22-5-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
My older sister was diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder/psychopathy and she's f'ed in the head. Like the girl from the movie " cruel intentions "...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Not all psychopaths are violent, not all violent people are psychopaths. Cannibalism is pretty far-out and freaky stuff; I don't get the impression that most psychopaths are that far out of whack with normal reality in terms of their habits. From what I've read the vast majority can blend in on some level with society. Many are drifters, unable to hold down steady jobs or relationships...they may have one "island of stability," like a long-term relationship or the ability to work at a professional job or what have, but they are usually characterized by instability in multiple areas of their life. There are lots and lots of buttoned-down psychopaths too, people who are totally in control of their situations but simply...don't...care. They are out there, watch out for them, but be careful of creating a witch-hunt atmosphere because I still think all these personality distorders (NPD, sociopathy, psychopathy, and so forth) are rather ill-defined and subjective, open to abuse.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
You can see it in thier eyes. Its a kind of glaring insanity. However, if you look hard enough, you can also see thier pain.
edit on 22-5-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It depends on which group of professionals you speak with. Some speak of sociopaths as others know psychopaths and vice versa. The way I understand a psychopath is that it's genetic in origin. Sociopathy seems to have a genetic component, but is triggered by traumatic life experiences. Interestingly, the U.S. has the highest incidence of sociopathy of any nation. What does that tell you about our society? Times up!! The answer is that society is ill.

You can tell psychopaths from people with conscience by doing a moral check with them. Keep in mind that para-morals have been adapted by most of society, so you'll have to ask more than a couple of questions.

The main red flag of a pyschopath is that they can't comprehend something that requires emotional intelligence, which morality of course does! So, you can stump them by asking them how they feel about any specific moral issue. If they answer in a 100% cold, rational way, they're a psychopath. They see morality in terms of personal convenience and not a social obligation.

I won't mention names, but a while back I was having a conversation on ATS with a member who was an obvious psychopath. They guy tried to program me into the notion that society doesn't exist.
He reasoned that all that exists are individuals, and I was just projecting bla bla bla....

So I reasoned that I must not exist, as I'm just a collection of cells! It stumped him, and he concluded that I was too arrogant to understand him. You see, the guy couldn't grasp something that required feeling and thinking outside of ones self. He couldn't connect whatsoever.

It's pretty easy to spot them these days.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dude69
My older sister was diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder/psychopathy and she's f'ed in the head. Like the girl from the movie " cruel intentions "...

Dang...How was it growing up with her, if you don't mind me asking?

I can really recommend the documentary 'Defense against the Psychopath' to people wanting to learn the basics of psychopaths, it's immensely interesting;

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
i'd bet a dollar to a doughnut that if the screen personna Dr. Hannibal Lechter were out there in society that you or any reader here could be able to point him out as a psychopath...

so.... do tell... how is one to actually 'spot' (identify) a real life psycho

if you say irrational behaviors or quirks...you are just spotting a damaged psyche
not a full blown Psychopath who makes it their business to remain undiscovered
thats part of their mission and identity....
its like the Fight Club rule/law
edit on 22-5-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OleMB

I've dealt with psychopaths a bit.

Got into drugs long time ago and sociopaths and psychopaths are commonly found in those circles.

They will lie to you NONSTOP, and think you're weak if you have morals.

These bastard people have been at their game, trying to demoralize society and turn it into a circus for so long, people have forgotten the purpose of morality in it's entirety!!

What's it like to be around a psychopath? It's hell. You risk losing your sanity.

Not to toot my own horn, but I test fairly high on an IQ test. I've never had issues dealing with people who simply had problems.

But trying to live with a psychopath?? I lost it. I lost my sanity and became a madman. They are entirely without heart, and despise your humanity. They will seek to destroy your ability to tell right from wrong, until their last breathe.

Once they break you, they will ditch, or attempt to reprogram you with paramorals. It's already been done to society as a whole. Our spirit has been utterly destroyed, and morals have been replaced by short sighted, mindless paramorals.
edit on 22-5-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Wow..I'm glad I have never had any relations with a psychopath. There is a great chance that I have had an encounter with a psychopath more than once in my life, the mere aspect of me being incapable of noticing it really scares the living **** out of me.

new topics

top topics

join