It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Poll: Do you think there may be life on planets other than Earth?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
I can't believe any one half educated person would say no.
we're SO not ready sadly... well at least most of us...

Where do you get that from when only 12% voted no? There's always going to be some who disagree with things, no matter what it is

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
We are either all alone in this Universe, or we are just one of many, perhaps trillions of other planets inhabited by sentient beings. But we can't be living in both scenarios - only one can be true...

The fantastic, incredible, enlightening corollary is that EITHER one of the truths in the above statement means an awesome responsibility and Earth-shaking destiny awaits within the future of humanity.

So you see, Mr. Morbiditiy, it does not matter, really, which truth becomes known, especially regarding human prognostications: human beings will have no choice but make a profound series of decisions about their future. If we are alone, then our sense of self-preservation and self-worth,as a species, will become paramount. My guess is that many so-called agnostics, perhaps even atheists, will suddenly "find" religion.

If, on the other hand, we become new members of an expansive, thriving, dynamic galactic community, then our sense of self-preservation and self-worth,as a species, will become paramount. My guess is that many lonely monotheistic adherents, will suddenly "find" a new perspective on their religion.

So there are similarities in the outcome of both scenarios. In either case, an immense, profound paradigm shift of human consciousness is inevitable, unavoidable, enlightening.

My only wish in life is that I am privileged enough to learn which truth humanity will face before I die...

As time marches on with no irrefutable, unambiguous answer it seems many of us will continue to die with this wish for the truth unfulfilled. For that, I am sorry...

In any event - thanks for asking, CNN (and our ATS OP). At least it encourages people to think about it...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Well if any of the 12 percent come to ATS I would like to send them a message.

"You must think you are really special. Did you realize that there are billions of star systems in just this galaxy? Out of billions of star systems the odds are pretty high that at least a certain percentage of those will have Earth type planets supporting life. Did you realize that there are billions of other galaxies in our universe? Out of those billions of galaxies, odds are pretty high that some of those galaxies will be like ours with a number of planets surrounding billions of different stars. There is also the possibility that we live in a multi-verse where our entire universe is like a bubble and there are many other bubbles or universes. So please multiply several billion times several billion and keep believing that you already won the lottery because those odds are a lot better."

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I KNOW that "there may be life on planets other than Earth". Pretty stupid question.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join