It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Poll: Do you think there may be life on planets other than Earth?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It's on the front page. Not surprisingly, at least not to me, it's currently 88 to 12 yes. Of course, I voted yes too. I think the people generally know what's what. The media's emphasis on extreme idiots might obscure that fact.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO Partisan

I voted yes as well.
Personally I think there might be a chance of life even on some of the moons in our solar system and maybe also bacterial life somewhere on Mars.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Are TPTB garnering opinion ?

Peace

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
1. its statisticly impossible
2.thers proof us
we have religion more then one why
ufo's been recorded for thousands of years
and its human nature if your the chief of a tribe u need to be invicible
if the population new ther wer more powerfull tribe then thers it puts loyaltys to turn so they keep it secret
we are on a molecular level materialy made from stars we belong to the galaxy so to think wer are alone is a very young human
edit on 21-5-2011 by EDL2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
im really worried for the people who voted "no".

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
cnn made me laugh? thats not supposed to happen!

It wasn't immediately clear what the believers thought about Saturday's nonhappenings. But people around the world sure were making jokes like there was no tomorrow.

edit on 21-5-2011 by MurrayTORONTO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
It's just common sense, if you believe we're the only thing out there. You are batsh!t crazy. There is no way. Besides too many people have claimed to been abducted by aliens, and they all come back with the same story. Everybody can't be lying.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurrayTORONTO
cnn made me laugh? thats not supposed to happen!

It wasn't immediately clear what the believers thought about Saturday's nonhappenings. But people around the world sure were making jokes like there was no tomorrow.

edit on 21-5-2011 by MurrayTORONTO because: (no reason given)

dam me to!

yes all the way

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I can't believe any one half educated person would say no.
we're SO not ready sadly... well at least most of us...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

And that right there is why aliens "don't" show themselves to us COMPLETELY! Because humans still are so not even ready! We're getting there. But, we're still not ready as a whole. It is a sad sad thing

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
It's now up to almost 30,000 respondents, 87% yes.

But they asked the easy version of the question.

The rougher version is: Do you believe there is intelligent life on other planets?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
I can't believe any one half educated person would say no.
we're SO not ready sadly... well at least most of us...

Haha, well I guess that about 13% of the respondents are less than half educated. Actually, I go to CNN pretty regularly and always try to guess what the results will be before I vote, and guessed 80-20 in favor, so I thought the results were pretty positive and don't think they'll change much.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

its 88% yes - 12% no and i voted yes!

I have been advocating the idea that yes we are not alone and we really dont have to look very far.
In mars, there's lots of them.
some of them are really tall like giants, some just average human heights but they range from 2 to 10 meters in height depends on what region in mars they thrive..
some of them pix....

and thats why i believe we are not the only "lucky ones".

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I am 99.99% sure that there is some sort of life on another planet somewhere.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
We as a species would have to be very arrogant to presume we are the only ones. Just look at the variety of life on this planet alone. Now imagine the possibilities with the whole universe.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Of course there is life on other planets, statistics state that its a mathematical fact.

This is not our planet, we originated somewhere else, we just landed here as different molecules and the earth just put us together.

Scientists state that we evolved from monkeys, i don't get that as there are still monkeys on earth today. Surely when something evolves the "old" version is left behind as its out dated and not needed anymore, therefore we didnt evolve from monkeys

I think we (humans) was engineered this way by our little green friends as an experiment, that will explain why they keep poping in and out to see what we are up to.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Statistics say that must exist life in other planets? I disagree. There is a single data point for life (Earth) and countless ones for no life (all planets that have been surveyed for life thus far). Life is a statistically insignificant phenomenon. For all purposes, the hypothesis of life in the universe would be rejected in a statistical analysis. Earth is, so far, a mere outlier.

If you are talking about the Drake equation, bear in mind that it is nothing more than a conjecture, a theoretical model. It has nothing to do with statistics (save for the fact that you can use statistical techniques to estimate the parameters and, hence, calibrate the relation). The Drake equation is not the structural form of any empirical relationship.

Disclaimer: I do believe in life in other planets (or, rather, I want to believe
). However, I really do not like when people invoke the "statistics" argument for life in other planets. They are, in the end, shooting themselves in their feet, as anyone with a basic knowledge of statistical inference understands.
edit on 22-5-2011 by kipfilet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Cool poll and all, but CNN has been known to alter poll results. I don't pay attention to MSM polls really, irregardless of their outcome.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I think the tubes of mars proves that life probably exists. They probably live underground. There must of been some sort of solar flair that ruined the surface and they had to go underground.
Way too many objects from nasa's drip, drip-leaking-photos not to be true.

The real question is since the spirit and opportunity are on mars Nasa must be in communication with the underground civilization leaders.
As crazy as that sounds, those tubes just can't be nature made.
Because of the Brookings report they don't want to scare the masses.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I know there are life forms on other planets....in 2004.....I saw evidence of it. At that time I was a volunteer Fire Marshall of the building I was living in. At approximately 4:00am....I went outside to check the perimeter of the building......the building is situated in the middle of a hill....I was standing at the corner of 2 streets at the highest point of the building...a UFO appeared.....I tried to move but couldn't... I was in awe....an alien life form appeared..he was suspended in the middle of a huge white light beam that started from the ship and ended just above street level. The beam rotated....and he was looking intensely at everything... I just stood and watched....this lasted for several minutes....after that sighting I had about 36 hours of missing time.

This is all true....I never reported this and have told a few select friends....who know me well. Now..you all know.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join