It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bushel of hay, and the chamber of reflection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Recently found a picture in the garbage outside a masonic lodge, not that I was snooping around their trash. Someone who wasnt me might have been taking out the trash. the picture was of a tree and a river and from the tree hung a bushel of hay tied around the middle, what does that symbolize? and can someone tell me more about the chamber of reflection? Ive been told that lodges in europe do it but im fairly certain that many lodges practice in during the initiation.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Can you post the picture so we can see it ?
it would be interesting to look at.
I look forward to seeing what people think this is as well.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
that sounds ALOT like snooping around... pretty creepy my man, even if you have a waste disposal job. You won't find any secrets in the oh so symbolic masonic garbage storage units and I guarantee that. I think most of your questions can be answered with a google search.
edit on 21-5-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lucysadvocate

As the post before mine suggested , google is your friend.
here is some information in the chamber.
www.freemasoninformation.com...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Im a demolay and i was taking out the trash brother, I asked for the picture and was denied since it was somewhat important, I asked someone If I could have it and they said no, I asked them whatever happened to ask and you shall recieve?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Well now you make me feel guilty. "Ask and it will be given to you.." was meant that if you asked you are more likely (not always) to receive than someone who did not ask.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Ask a Brother for a petition to join when you are old enough and you will receive the knowledge that you seek. The mysteries can't be adequately explained, they must be experienced for oneself. Until then, no one will tell you what the "bushel of hay" is, even if they did you couldn't pronounce it.
edit on 21-5-2011 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by no1smootha

Oh I most definitely will ask for a petition when I am 21, I see my friend.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucysadvocatepicture was of a tree and a river and from the tree hung a bushel of hay tied around the middle, what does that symbolize?

Point of order:

Hay is not stored measured or harvested in bushels. Whether done by hand or by equipment, "hay" of which there are many types and varieties, at the proper stage of maturity must be cut, then allowed to dry (preferably by the sun), then raked into long, narrow piles known as windrows.

Next, the cured hay is gathered up in some form and placed for storage into a haystack or into a barn or shed to protect it from moisture and rot. Usual measurements are bales (of many different sizes and types), stacks or pits of hay.

Never seen to what you are referring but I'm guessing its called a Sheaf

1: a quantity of the stalks and ears of a cereal grass or sometimes other plant material bound together

This site indicates that SHEAF OF WHEAT HANGING IN A TREE; REPRESENTING: ST. CHRISTOPHER I'm sure the crafty Masons have some double meaning for it though because us uninitiated Googlers would find out too much - when I was a kid we didn't let girls in the tree house because they were different. I put the Masons right up there with that.... Man if I knew know what I know today I’d have let Sally Johnson in for sure.

The emblem of a sheaf of wheat, or generic corn, is a common symbol for the Eucharistic bread or bread of life. Grapes or vines similarly represented the wine. Consequently, a sheaf of corn hanging in a tree denotes Christopher's staff symbolically supporting the body of Christ. When the sheaf is near a stream or waterfall, it confirms the allusion to Christ-Offero, the bearer across the stream. The same symbol of grain occurs in representations of Mary, for example, who is often shown holding both a book and the wheat, symbols of her gifts to humanity. In nativity scenes, the infant Jesus sometimes rests his hand on a sheaf of wheat.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Oh, St. Christopher is an interesting one.
But, yes.
Ask for a petition.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Chamber of Reflection is still widely used in Continental Masonry and mixed gender Lodges of that tradition, considered irregular and/or clandestine in Regular Masonry but is only rarely used in regular Masonry. Recently, there have been a few Lodges in USA that are called Traditional Observance Lodges that are regular but style the ritual after Continental Masonry for a more esoteric experience.
edit on 23-5-2011 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

top topics

join