It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God and satan Question?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Why doesnt god just kill satan doesnt he have the power? i mean ive been wondering this for a couple days now since me and my friends were talking and i believe i god and stuff but its a good point and i dont know why myself. Please put up with me since this is one of my first posts on this site.
edit on 21-5-2011 by Sorayugiman because: Pressed enter accidently

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sorayugiman

My view on this is the balance of good and evil, light and dark, male and female the ying and yang of everything.
As satan is a christian view of evil in most respects.
Other religoins belive in balance, so to see the light for what it is, you need the dark.
you cant have one with out the other.
or it would be middle ground, grey all the way.
So the minute we percive a light of good, we must have the dark of evil..
conservation of energy in this construct.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Because they don't exist. Ask yourself why a god would let billions of years pass by without fixing his own problems, then try to provide yourself with a good answer. It's very simple.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
well, why would God create evil in the first place? After all...he created everything. Why not just make everything good and perfect?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291
well, why would God create evil in the first place? After all...he created everything. Why not just make everything good and perfect?

Conservation of energy.
In removing the evil from himself to move into the perfect state of godliness, he had to create a darker balance, the opposite.
its what was created as he left it behind.
The ying yang symbol sums it up well, that in light was the dark, and in the dark was the light.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Ok here's a questions for you to ponder over the fairy tale called the bible.

Deaths in the Bible.

God - 2,270,365 not including the victims of Noah's flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, or the many plagues, famines, fiery serpents, Etc because no specific numbers were given.

Satan - 10

So surely the bigger Evil is God ?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Perhaps this won't answer your questions, but it will certainly give you some incite.

Peace.

EDIT TO ADD: Listen to the lyrics; they are within you.
edit on 21/5/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick
Ok here's a questions for you to ponder over the fairy tale called the bible.

Deaths in the Bible.

God - 2,270,365 not including the victims of Noah's flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, or the many plagues, famines, fiery serpents, Etc because no specific numbers were given.

Satan - 10

So surely the bigger Evil is God ?

Yes, the biblical god. but as you know the concept of what the universal energy is and should be called , varies based on culture , education and experience amongst other things.
I dont subscribe in the biblical god and Satan view of good and evil..
I just belive that every possible outcome and path will at some point be created and travelled by a part of the whole., so every type and level of good and evil will play out..

edit on 21-5-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS

Just thought i'd say hello... and offer a different perspective on Satan.

Satan...

Im not saying this is correct of course, just a possibility

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
well if such a thing existed the whole god/devil scenario, i believe that it would be impossible for one to destroy the other, everything has to have a balance good - evil - up/down if you know what i mean. without one the other could not exist.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ronishia
well if such a thing existed the whole god/devil scenario, i believe that it would be impossible for one to destroy the other, everything has to have a balance good - evil - up/down if you know what i mean. without one the other could not exist.

Exactly.

How can one know cold without hot?
High without low?
In without out?

The bigger question is, why do people have such a hard time believing that God sent his son to die for us to reconcile us with him?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned0625
Because they don't exist. Ask yourself why a god would let billions of years pass by without fixing his own problems, then try to provide yourself with a good answer. It's very simple.

What are billions of years to God? Why presume that your logic is anywhere NEAR God's? We can observe galaxies that are hundreds of millions of light years away, and there are more galaxies hundreds of millions of light years away from those, and so on and so forth.

Why the f-ck would billions of years matter to Him?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
IMO, the problem is that everyone is just SOOO sure that this tiny meaningless speck of time that you occupy here on Earth is all that there is.

Consider dreaming. Dreams feel SO real that you literally don't know you're dreaming most of the time. Look at life like a big, controllable dream, and DO UNTO OTHERS, and don't deny the existance of the Almighty. There is no reason to.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
This is just one of the dozens of logical flaws involved with religions and deities. IMO everything has a scientific explanation, starting from the Big Bang, leading all the way to stars and planets forming, and life eventually developing. Although we currently do not have an explanation for what caused the Big Bang and where that singularity came from, I believe eventually we will find the answer.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

Stop asserting the biblical god. You don't have any evidence. Why the f-ck do you feel the need to claim it without evidence?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I have all the evidence I need.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Oh really? Show this evidence to everyone. It's time for you to step up and prove it. Do you have what it takes to prove such a huge claim to the world?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
What I mean to say is that I don't need concrete physical evidence to believe in the existance of God, just like I don't need concrete physical evidence to tell me I'm going to wake up in the morning.

The only concrete physical evidence, IMO, is the Holy Bible which has withstood at least 2000 years of scruitny and is the most sold publication on the planet, even to this day.

And why would you ask me not to assert the existance of God in a thread entitled: God and satan Question?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Because you shouldn't do it when you can't prove it. It doesn't matter what the damn thread title is. You really think a book is evidence of its own claims? I guess I should make an appeal in court for the removal of all 'fiction' labels. Surely those books are evidence of their own claims, therefore they all belong in the non-fiction section! Harry Potter must be real. Zeus must be real too. The books say so. Right? Well, according to you, your babble is "true" because many copies of it have been sold. You're arguing that a book is true by default and also because many people still believe its unproven myths, which is an argument from majority that cannot be justified in any way. Hasn't the koran also sold many copies? The number of muslims will soon be greater than the number of xtians. That must mean their book will automatically be correct - according to your nonsensical logic.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Everyone isn't sure, but they can make reasoned guesses. I predict that my biological body will stop functioning at some point and i will return to the Earth, however not in a consciouss state

What makes you SOOOOOO sure that God exists, and furthermore, religion's specific definition of God?

Again, Atheism isn't always about making a positive claim, it's sometimes a disbelief as a response to the Theistic positive claim that God does exist

We disbelief your positive claim - There's nothing wrong with that, there's nothing wrong with protesting those who preach "God works in mysterious ways" - YOu know? Winning wars for a developed country and starving and sending disease to an underdeveloped country.

This is what you have to believe in order to believe your God. If it's omnipotent, and doesn't want to stop evil, then he's malevolent, If he's willing and not able, then this being is impotent.

Don't give me all of this "he's inside" nonsense - If that was the case, there would be no need for preists to preach their doctrines. And there would be no skeptics if i were so obvious.
edit on 22/5/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join