It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If 200 Million People Went Missing....?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
But each person has relatives. Lets go for minimum of 4. 800 millions will know that there is a missing person. Every 7th on this planet. So directly it might not influence economy much if those will be 200 million third-world poor farmers. But 800 million that will notice will change their behavior. I expect huge rise in job vacancies for private detectives for example.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
now if 1/3 of the earths population was to go missing that would be something, 1billion is nothing, let a lone a few million.just my view.

2.3333333 billion go , but i think it will be when we reach 9 billion, 3 billion go missing, now how long of time frame??? One day would be a real eye opener.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Seems more like subtle leftist propaganda calling for the genocide of everyone who doesn't agree with them: aka Weather Underground's wet dream.

--
I am surprised that the mod's are letting so many peoples desire to do genocide unto others slide. If people said Hispanic's, Homosexual's or Atheist's instead of "meat-eater" or "Christians", their account would be banned asap.
edit on 26-11-2011 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

So, aside from the doomsday subject matter of the article I thought the commentary was interesting and worth sharing. Especially in light of the possibility of some sort of mega-catastrophe that we could never really be fully prepared for.
Having said that, from what I understand, 200 million out of 7 billion may not have such a resounding impact. However 200 million Americans would affect the entire world??
That's insane.

It wouldn't be an event where no one took notice i can promise you that. The question is how would the media spin it? As a mass UFO abduction? Probably so because that's the only way "they" would be able to unite the world under one world government to repel would be invaders from outter space from anymore "abductions".

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lynn112

...not heartless, just realistic and conscious with regards to resource consumption and its impact on our planet ...and yes I have news for you: the US is a country on this planet....I can live with people lacking basic numerical skills, responsible behaviour as long as they do not get to become patronizing wannabe decision-makers and impact the lives of everybody else on this tiny nut-shell floating through endless space, take care and peace.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by starseedflower
reply to post by lynn112

...not heartless, just realistic and conscious with regards to resource consumption and its impact on our planet ...and yes I have news for you: the US is a country on this planet....I can live with people lacking basic numerical skills, responsible behaviour as long as they do not get to become patronizing wannabe decision-makers and impact the lives of everybody else on this tiny nut-shell floating through endless space, take care and peace.

No no, HEARTLESS is correct. I agree with Lynn 100%. You say realistic. There's nothing realistic/practical about it but your HATE is very REAL.

You only demonstrated to all who read your posts how judgmental you really are deep down inside. "Oh yay! I'd be so happy if all the carnivorous, Bible-reading people who don't think the way I do would be wiped off the face of the earth." Great genocidal thinking there. You remind me of Hitler. What does meat eating have to do with it? Sounds like typical militant vegan talk. That's the main thing that turned me off of veganism and even vegetarian. You guys all talk like this, especially when you think you're amongst likeminded people ("Oh I wish the meat eaters would just eat each other and disappear off the face of the earth.") You guys try to act so wholesome and liberal when really you're just the OPPOSITE!

"as long as they do not get to become patronizing"... wow, really? Kind of like the way you look down on a whole bunch of people (that long list that you made)... no?

And starseed, what a great example of new agey pseudo-liberal thinking! Thank you, the both of you, for posting your selectively hateful nonsense! Starseed, I'm guessing by your username you think you're some indigo child star person... but having studied that idea (ie. Brad steiger et all)... I'm shocked that someone so full of hate and loathing would consider themselves a star seed. Hmmm. Odd indeed.

I also agree with the user who noted that if you guys simply listed something like ethnicities* instead of conservative Christian-types, you would be OUTTA HERE and I think that would be a great suggestion to the moderators since you're essentially talking about wiping out certain humans (myself included)!

Please answer, how is it that you are so filled with HATE? Because some so-called Christians put you down you're going to say we're all unworthy of life? That's really pathetic. Shows weak character on your part.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl
reply to post by Condemned0625

Okay.
Well, thanks for sharing...I guess...

Note her username. How appropriate.

Like it's something to brag about.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by 08051962

Okay.

I mean Condemned..

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
It’s all a bit of a farce really. The comparison for an American is a Western European or a similar from an advanced economy, such as Australia and Japan. Plus, any other person across the developing world who leads a consumer based lifestyle, of which there are increasing numbers in China, India, Brazil and the like.

Picking on the US is crass simplification and shame on you.

200 million less rich consumers would crash the rest of the world’s aspirations to develop. It may be a laugh to some, but this more-or-less Germany; UK and France; over half of the USA; the so called Chinese “middle class” etc...

Tragedy is that 200 million less African would barely be noticed, except by the Chinese who are exploiting Africa to the hilt. 200 million less Africans would severely compromise the Chinese ability to strip Africa of her natural resources.

Regards

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Although I think it's too much *what if* and very little substance, it's still an interesting question.

If there were 200 million fewer people in the Middle East, I'd imagine a big change in global politics and US foreign policy would exploit the vulnerability. The same in China or Russia wouldn't generate as big a change, but would potentially diminish some of their power and less powerful Russia or China could have a knock-on effect of global instability.

Economic outcomes are not certain as China plays a massive part in the costs of living in the West. Let's say their manufacturing capacity took a hit? The cost of living would rise in the West. 20% less population in India would see a similar rise in the cost of living in the West as we'd pay more for clothing, fruit and vegetables.

Impact on climate change might occur as manufacturing capacity, consumerism and energy needs would be slightly less. A decrease in pollution (flights, manufacturing, heating, cars etc) could generate short-term effects on weather patterns too.

Spread around the world, it's about 1 in 350 *missing.* This mightn't have a noticeable effect on anything other than an emotional level - people would mourn. It would have a massive cultural impact, but I'm not sure it would cause any significant physical, environmental effects.

BTW - the Shaanxi earthquake is enough to make anyone get a small cold-sweat. Nearly a million lives destroyed in hours. Shocking stuff.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Okay.

I mean Condemned..

ha haa ha, at first I was like, "Wait....what?"

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Although I think it's too much *what if* and very little substance, it's still an interesting question.

If there were 200 million fewer people in the Middle East, I'd imagine a big change in global politics and US foreign policy would exploit the vulnerability. The same in China or Russia wouldn't generate as big a change, but would potentially diminish some of their power and less powerful Russia or China could have a knock-on effect of global instability.

Economic outcomes are not certain as China plays a massive part in the costs of living in the West. Let's say their manufacturing capacity took a hit? The cost of living would rise in the West. 20% less population in India would see a similar rise in the cost of living in the West as we'd pay more for clothing, fruit and vegetables.

Impact on climate change might occur as manufacturing capacity, consumerism and energy needs would be slightly less. A decrease in pollution (flights, manufacturing, heating, cars etc) could generate short-term effects on weather patterns too.

Spread around the world, it's about 1 in 350 *missing.* This mightn't have a noticeable effect on anything other than an emotional level - people would mourn. It would have a massive cultural impact, but I'm not sure it would cause any significant physical, environmental effects.

BTW - the Shaanxi earthquake is enough to make anyone get a small cold-sweat. Nearly a million lives destroyed in hours. Shocking stuff.

Cost of living factor may be a possibility, but another possibility is more job growth in America if we have less imports from China. Any decline in Chinese imports would be a positive opportunity for America's economy in the long run, IMO.

Same with India. Most of their influence on our economy is textile, like you said, and out-sourcing human resource type jobs. I am not aware of India having that large of an influence on our fruit and vegetable imports. Mexico, I think, would be the largest supplier of that. However, I would assume India is still the leader in spice exports, and history shows how nutty people can get over the spice trade.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Okay.

I mean Condemned..

ha haa ha, at first I was like, "Wait....what?"

Haha yeah, I was reading over it and thinking... wait, she might think I mean her! -WOOPS-

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I think this explains these two "liberals" perfectly....

UGH, what is with the 4 hour edit limit

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Having said that, from what I understand, 200 million out of 7 billion may not have such a resounding impact. However 200 million Americans would affect the entire world??
That's insane.

no - it is not insane , it is reality - who you are has a massive influence on the consequences of your " disapearence "

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 08051962

Well I can clearly see what to much animal protein and scripture has done to you, go back to my post read better, understand and then try again. I am a pacifist and never thought even one bit of wiping out anybody, but since we humans are all living in the same boat (planet Earth), and the greatest ill of our time is fast overconsumption of resources and as it happens to be, so called First World Economies (with US being the biggest of them) are the ones consuming most, we do all bear the greatest responsibility for the boat we are on.

And what do you think entitles you to consume this amount [url=http://www.livestrong.com...] of resources when people living on the same boat have to live with this [url=http://www.twnside.org.sg...]

Start being part of the solution, or else you will wipe out yourselves.
Never mind though, creationism drunken people rarely believe in evolution

edit on 11-7-2012 by starseedflower because: no reason

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned0625
200 million less christians would make me very happy. I would feel the need to throw a party if it happened.

I really pray that the rapture would take 200 million
sadly, I think this number will be much less.

I would be interested in WHY christians make you uncomfortable....
they obviously have an effect on you.

A Real Christian loves all especially the lost (condemned)
A Real Christian is usually a much worse person than most before he was forgiven
A Real Christian believes in Peace, Love and Forgiveness
A Real Christian believes YOU are better than them (philippians)
A Real Christian loves YOU more because YOU hate them.

I can see why this might be a problem for you.
Even we do not understand why Jesus loves US.

You will be in my prayers

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrow22

I'm sorry but i don't see Satanists and Pagans knocking on my door at all hours of the day trying to convert me to follow Satan or some other god or goddess. christian are the only one who do this. I believe they want you to convert more so there are more to fill the Popes/Clergy pockets.

I'd be happy to see the christians gone
edit on 17-7-2012 by Dyzan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join