It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone Stop Lying And Admit It... Gears Of War Is THE Best Multiplayer Experience EVER

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I'm reading the COD MW3 threads and people saying Battlefied 3 will be better
First of all... NO

Secondly, what the hell man
Gears Of War 3 will destroy both of those out of the water

I don't know why GOW3 wasn't mentioned, possibly because those threads were full of jealous PS3 users that won't experience the AWESOMEness of GOW3 Online

I mean what's Better than Gears Of War on Horde Mode Multiplayer?
Real fun, amazing teamplay, awesome cover system, great online maps.... WHAT?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Call of Duty Modern Warfare is better...brink is decent too

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Hell no! Halo 2 is the best multiplayer game ever!
MW2 is 2nd best.
edit on 20-5-2011 by iSeeKEnlightenment8o5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Battlefield Bad Company 2 is far better. By leaps and bounds. Fact. And BF3 will poo-blast Gears and COD completely.
edit on 20-5-2011 by Watts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I'm going to let you finish but Super Mario Bros. 3 was the best video game of all time!!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Wait, so you think Modern Warfare 2 is better than Black Ops for online play?????

I used to love Halo online but after Gears of War it was dead to me
there's too much going on in Halo and they ruined multiplayer with the sword

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Halo3 FTW.

GoW- Hated the movement and halfassed over the shoulder view.

CoD- Who wants to die in 1 hit?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Battlefield 2 online was good, but it was no GOW online
I played alot of Battlefield 2 online, I was really into it
Then GOW came and destroyed it

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by graphuto
CoD- Who wants to die in 1 hit?

you don't die in one hit with Black Ops online

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Yes, I do.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Nah back in the day Golden Eye was the best multi-player experience I have had, that and the original perfect dark. Spent hours on that thing, as for the best online multi-player shooter I have played, So far nothing tops the experience I have had with the original Modern Warfare, the feeling of finally mastering that thing, everything about it was brilliant. I have yet to get either one of those experiences again so far.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I've only played like 2 rounds of Gears of War 2 online and didn't find it really good..
The best multiplayer game so far is Battlefield 2, especially with the Project Reality mod. No contest.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Orly?

And an incandescent bulb would probably be the BRIGHTEST EXPERIENCE EVAR for someone who lived underground their whole life never saw the sun.

And a 50c packet of stale crusty jelly beans at the reject store is probably the OMG TASTEST THANG EVAR for someone who's never had Jelly Bellys....

What I'm getting at is it's obvious you've never played Team Fortress 2.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
When it comes to a realistic simulated war game, battlefield 3 is gonna be on top. Gears is an amazing game, but a completely different story all together. Bf3 is a simulation of war, gears of war is more video game-ish, if you get what I'm saying. It's all preference though, and I prefer realism.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golithion
Nah back in the day Golden Eye was the best multi-player experience I have had, that and the original perfect dark. Spent hours on that thing, as for the best online multi-player shooter I have played, So far nothing tops the experience I have had with the original Modern Warfare, the feeling of finally mastering that thing, everything about it was brilliant. I have yet to get either one of those experiences again so far.

Yea man, Golden Eye for the WIN. Man, that game was amazing.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiefHockey
When it comes to a realistic simulated war game, battlefield 3 is gonna be on top. Gears is an amazing game, but a completely different story all together. Bf3 is a simulation of war, gears of war is more video game-ish, if you get what I'm saying. It's all preference though, and I prefer realism.

Yea I understand, I guess I like the more realistic shooters. GOW was ok, but I never even came close to being hooked like BF2, my god I love that game...especially with a squad that knows how to move. Whew.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I personally like Urban Terror. Its a free FPS which is kinda like quake mixed with COD

Anyone here play it?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
ok folks, i play online games, most in single player mode ive played a few 1st person shooters and im currently on my 3rd time with crysis2, got addicted to fallout3, and new vegas....and actualy went backwards and played the origanal crysis and crysis warhead and far cry 1 and 2 and loved them both!!!

i havent gotten into bf3 or modern warfare...................but the one game i play online, everynight and have played for the last 10 years online...............YES!! 10 YEARS ONLINE!! is.............................

MECHWARRIOR!!!!!!, actualy ive been playing this game for about 15 years since mechwarrior 2 but only online for the last 10 i have made wonderfull friends all over the world with this game and am still makeing great friends now in the servers called "sunder mission play"

ive been in 3 different leagues

and this game is still going strong and new mods and versions come out all the time

and this game is 100% FREE!!! check out sunderjunkies.com all the info on downloading it is there

oh by the way......................im 46yo!! and love a good computor game!!!

be safe people

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I played the beta its the greatest shooter i've ever played in my life!. Can't wait until its released in September.

I'm really anxious to play it.!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Natural Selection is my favorite multiplayer FPS ever. It is seriously awesome.

Gears of War is simply way too slow for my tastes and I don't like games where everyone regenerates after not getting hit for a couple of seconds. It changes the gameplay to something which is slow and I don't like.

If you like good graphics and a solid online experience, I also recommend Alliance for Valiant Arms.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join