It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If alien technology is so advanced, why do their ufos crash?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
let's say "Roswell" was just an advanced alien probe but not THAT advanced as to what
the aliens (if they exist) have in there world and just as we send out probes to planets
they the aliens sent this probe,just good enough to gather some info etc and maybe it
was only designed with a 50/50 chance of returning to where it came from?

As for the "bodies" they could of just been some clones programmed to do there job
like flight plan objectives etc.just a form of automaton type thing.

we send probes out maybe they do/did the same.Who knows.food for thought.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
It's completely possible that all UFOs seen by humans are just government experiments.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by KyleJohnson

well there is that possibility, but when you have read some of the case files and
heard statements from highly credible witnesses from around the 1960's especially
it seems a bit of a stretch it's ALL our technology.
But then as it been a bit of a stretch to it being alien at all?
six of one & half a dozen of the other. my mind was made up long ago but like a lot
of people the safest place for them when it comes to what they think the answer is
(and its a cop out at best) is that there on the fence as it were. some times i take the fence.

The whole UFO topic will never change i doubt, but i have been amongst the scene for a really
long time and all i really can say with certainty is they exist but what are they?
We all have our own theories and beliefs but it counts for nothing without undeniable proof.

And we have a great team of members here at ATS & if you get lucky maybe certain members
may reach out and show you things that will have you scratching your head (once you get over
the initial shock!) such members exist here and i have been privy to such information that is so
well researched and the credentials of some in the know are undisputed and may convince you
that this evidence sits in the "true UFO category" keep an open mind but not so open as to allow
your brain to fall out! that's my advice.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

edit on 26/5/2011 by stealthyaroura because: dam double post!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Increasing technological complexity/capability does not necessarily mean increasing reliability.

As puny immature humans we are already getting to the point where our knowledge fields are so deep that nobody alive can understand everything known about everything. If you extrapolate on for another 100 or 1000 years the problem will be much worse (unless solved by neural linking, AI or some other augmenting technology).

Similarly we are at the point where out ability to create capability is outstripping our ability to assure it in a cost/time effective manner.

Its fair to say that any alien visitors would have awesomely capable tech. That doesn't necessarily bestow it with magical 100% reliability when exercising those capabilities. I expect Murphys Law applies universally.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truther9111776
they do not crash

most times it is interference of some kind

or them being shot down by us

This is what I believe...they have been shot down.....then questioned and studied. I think many aliens are hidden away in the underground bases and are being kept there against their wills. I think they are being tortured and they are in shock and trauma....I think many Ufo's that are seen are the Aliens from other planets trying to come here to save those of their race that have been captured by us.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
i would say simply that anything can crash when up against somthing its not designed for, you might be able to design a craft for all natural phenomina in one eviroment, but as soon as you step out side that enviroment esspesially into non natural enviroments (in this case man made radar, lasers, ladars and any form of radiation in between) who knows what might happen.

I would think for am alien race observing, its more likly supposed UFO crashes are man made rather than a super advanced technology wielding alien race to have missed somthign when designing craft to observe.

Much like man making a water proof sub for ocean exploration and than not testing it to the depth required, possibly just not smart

edit on 4-6-2011 by Biigs because: added text

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by suomichris
If you think that radar is a good candidate for making advanced craft (of any type or origin) crash, I'd encourage you to do some reading about how radar works, and about the electromagnetic spectrum more broadly; it will help you tune your BS meter.

As mentioned above, the universe is literally rife with radio waves, and the area around the Earth is even noisier than much of the rest. There's simply no way that a vessel could cross interstellar space if it had issues with radio waves.

Actually in the interstellar medium you wouldn't have microwaves with the intensity and on a single frequency that you would with a 1947 level ground radar especially if this radar came from a focused parabolic dish.

Amplitudes matter. No doubt Earth's radiation belts etc could be hazardous but those would be known and mappable in any astronauts flight plans, as they are for earthly space missions.

And maybe this supposed ET vessel was just a short-range "dinghy" going back to the interstellar carrier ship.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by HedyLamarr
I have been asking that myself actually for a while: if their technology is so advanced that they can come and visit us from very far away, they also should be able to avoid crashes... Yet, it seem to happen quite often, although I assume that 99.9% of the reports are fakes. If I remember correctly, the propulsion system of ufos is somehow a nuclear reactor. IF one crashed, wouldn't there also be tons of atomic resedue to be measured?

edit on 20-5-2011 by HedyLamarr because: (no reason given)

Great Logical Question ,and while we are at logics door ....why do they leave their lights on? I know it gets dark up there but surley they don't have to be lit up like Good ol Boys Pick up truck?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join