It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If alien technology is so advanced, why do their ufos crash?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I have been asking that myself actually for a while: if their technology is so advanced that they can come and visit us from very far away, they also should be able to avoid crashes... Yet, it seem to happen quite often, although I assume that 99.9% of the reports are fakes. If I remember correctly, the propulsion system of ufos is somehow a nuclear reactor. IF one crashed, wouldn't there also be tons of atomic resedue to be measured?

edit on 20-5-2011 by HedyLamarr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Maybe they feasted on a couple of teens who were tripping on acid or somethin, and it got into their system.

Deebo

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Or a bigger question is why in the past they helped us build huge structures like pyramids, gave us advanced technology, batteries and advanced mechanical machines, appeared clearly enough for ancient civilisations to know them as regular visiting friends,
but nowdays they just appear as dots in the sky indistinguishable from aircraft landing lights, bit of ice from the shuttle, or flocks of geese.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
they do not crash

most times it is interference of some kind

or them being shot down by us

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by HedyLamarr
I have been asking that myself actually for a while: if their technology is so advanced that they can come and visit us from very far away, they also should be able to avoid crashes... Yet, it seem to happen quite often, although I assume that 99.9% of the reports are fakes. If I remember correctly, the propulsion system of ufos is somehow a nuclear reactor. IF one crashed, wouldn't there also be tons of atomic resedue[sic] to be measured?

edit on 20-5-2011 by HedyLamarr because: (no reason given)

Highly unlikely that their propulsion is a fission reactor like waccustomedstomed to. And also look how advanced our technology is compared to what was around 500+ years ago. It rarely happens but we still are not perfect and I doubt we will be perfect 500+ years from today!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HedyLamarr

There is no physical evidence that can be independently verified that any alien technology has ever been discovered.
With these facts one could assume that aliens have never lost a craft on this planet.Therefor their technology stands up.
edit on 20-5-2011 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Imagine you live on Saturn's moon Titan. Our Cassini probe crashed there only a few years ago. (Incidentally, only about 100 years after our first powered flight!) Would the Titan citizenry not be asking a similar thing, after they recover our probe... which is, to them, a 'UFO': "if these beings are advanced enough to get here, why would their technology be crashing?"

Of course, travel between planets surrounding a single star is different from interstellar travel. Still, I don't think it's at all unreasonable to suppose that some UFO's are little more than automated Von Neumann probes. I mean, why wouldn't some small percentage get into some kind of trouble?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Those that crashed are from the Greys. They are not the only aliens out there visiting us. The Greys technology must be not so advanced that we can still interfere with them.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

By the way, while I believe some small percentage of UFO reports actually involve sightings of extraterrestrial technology, I do not for a second think that we have actually reverse-engineered any alien craft. (That is why my prior answer may not address the thrust of your question: different assumptions....) But I read the Corso book, and to me it sounds absurd. I personally am happy to give humanity more credit in this regard, as the history of our science is well-documented, and there just are not any great leaps in our technology which can't be explained by simple evolution of prior ideas.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
to me it's kind of like a gun (more advanced weapon than a knife).

soldiers in war have advanced weapons like a gun, and they dont worry too much about less advanced weapons like a knife.

ufo tech is so far advanced that they probably do not worry about little things that may cause some sort of interference, so their ufos crash, because they arent expecting to deal with it.

hope this makes sense. English is not my first language.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

If alien technology is so advanced, why do their ufos crash?

The smartest minds on earth still make mistakes from time to time.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Well, I don't think most of the crash stories are true, but some are I believe. But for those few that are true, could be lots of things, including involvement from us, storms, lack of adjusting to our atmosphere, or simply their propulsion system - if it's based on say, magnetic forces, as some surmise, and possibly usually only used in space, where there are not magnetic forces to interfere with them.. well, floating around a huge magnet might screw with that. Many reports are of a wobbly object - perhaps this is why?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I guess they aren't perfect either.

edit on 20-5-2011 by ellieN because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2011 by ellieN because: Too wordy

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
They were texting

A 2009 experiment with Car and Driver magazine editor Eddie Alterman that took place at a deserted air strip showed that texting while driving had a greater impact on safety than driving drunk. While legally drunk, Alterman's stopping distance from 70 mph increased by 4 feet; by contrast, reading an e-mail added 36 feet, and sending a text added 70 feet

Texting while driving

Now imagine going a billion miles/kilometers a second while texting

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Also why do they crash in remote places with only one rancher as a witness?
You think they crash into a housing project where the first thing taken would be the flat screen and stereo!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truther9111776
they do not crash

most times it is interference of some kind

or them being shot down by us

The same question still applies. If they are so advanced, why would our (relatively) primitive technology cause them any problems.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
This is how i see it...

My Playstation 2 was a very reliable system, faults were rare and it took 7 years before it died. My Playstation 3 on the other hand is far more advanced but there's constant faults and it lasted 2 years before it died.

As techonology progresses, the lifespan and quality of materials used dwindle.

At least that's what happens with our technology... Tvs, consoles, computers, etc etc etc...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Aliens only crash on youtube.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by aRogue

Im think thats what they want..

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Who's to say they don't have their faults? Sometimes their machines may just error, but I think has to be very very rare, and most of the time they must crash because of some kind of interference or other anomaly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join