It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something happened to me as a kid i cant explain?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Mods please move if necessary.
This is One of my first posts to ATS so yeah.
Ok here goes my story, i was at a public pool when i was about 8 or 9 and im at my grandparents for like a week vacation i always do. Anyway i was playing with these 2 boys my age as well and then somehow it got to the point where they thought it would be fun to drown me. They were both hold my arms down to the bottom of the shallow end of the pool. Then just as i was about to lose all my air i took a breath and threw them out of the water and across the pool literally! and i always wondered how i got a breath underwater and how i got that strength.
Any ideas?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
i do not know

but it seems to be that you think

you may have super powers

i would love to see a video of you doing this

i still can not get on film me shooting lightning bolts from my arse

but i do do it

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Truther9111776

Ok i can sense the sarcasm but i really did this and have no idea how i did it since i havent really been able to do it since.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Pretty sure that, if it happened, one word:

Adrenaline.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sorayugiman
Ok here goes my story, i was at a public pool when i was about 8 or 9 and im at my grandparents for like a week vacation i always do. Anyway i was playing with these 2 boys my age as well and then somehow it got to the point where they thought it would be fun to drown me. They were both hold my arms down to the bottom of the shallow end of the pool. Then just as i was about to lose all my air i took a breath and threw them out of the water and across the pool literally! and i always wondered how i got a breath underwater and how i got that strength.
Any ideas?

It's possible that the lack of oxygen to your brain was causing to to hallucinate. Perhaps you did take a breath, but it is very, very unlikely that it was underwater. Tell me, do you remember what happened after you got out of the pool?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Any ideas?

Interesting, but i recently was talking to one of my kids about when my dog died when he was young..WOW his memory of the event was sooo totally weird and wrong and there was no arguing even though the lose of what was my dog , not a family dog, she had been my close friend alone for many years and it effected me so much the I was never able to get another dog.
my point being, you were young and may have had an oxygen deprived brain, they may have let go and jumped away afraid you were going to retaliate or something like that and your memory is skewed.
The angain we have all heard of times when people have shown miraculous strenth at times of dire disaster and fear...could be it did happen.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Hey, your story just reminded me! My younger sis once told me that when she was like 4 or 5 years, she had taken a few breaths under water while diving in a pool. If I remember correctly, it happened on two occasions. But unlike your case, she was not drowning or in any kind of danger. We are both puzzled. She is a water baby, astrologically speaking. Her Sun and Moon signs are both water signs. Maybe that had something to do with it.

Well, I hope you find something interesting in your search.

By the way, I'v been visiting ATS everyday for the past 3 months now, and just became a member coz I really wanted to reply to your post. Is that funny or what?!!!!!!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OceanChild

Thanks alot man i appreciate it

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervalentiodine

Well what i remember is that i got out of the water and saw them on the entirely other side of the pool confused and then i walked away and went to play on the water slides and stuff i was really freaked out lol

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

reply to post by hypervalentiodine

Well what i remember is that i got out of the water and saw them on the entirely other side of the pool confused and then i walked away and went to play on the water slides and stuff i was really freaked out lol

You don't think it's odd that you weren't coughing up water? There's not any other way all that liquid is getting out. I think maybe your memory of it might have been a little warped from the lack of oxygen. What seemed like an underwater breath probably wasn't. Just mind tricks is all.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I have almost drowned twice in my life, because i was being stupid in a pool and knew i shouldn't have been in the four foot end. ( i was younger at this time) Just as I was about to black out (the dumb biotch lifegaurd right above me was too busy flirting with her boyfriend to care that i was spurting water from my mouth and screaming every time i got my mouth above the water) I hit the bottom and jumped right up and somehow i had jumped right up to the side of the pool and grabbed on. Strange what your body will do when it panics.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Sorayugiman

Adrenaline...
it's powerful.

new topics

top topics

join