It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Remembers Surge Soda!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Who remembers surge soda?

I had a dream about it last night and now cant get if off my mind! I use to love that stuff and you cant find it anywhere. I dont know why they discontinued it? At school there was always lines at the soda machain to get surge and by the time it was my turn there would never be any left!

I look on E-bay and a guy has a FULL surge can bidding for $32!

I want that stuff back dang it. IT WAS SO GOOD!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Hey Camaro - reminiscing?

Looks like you can still buy it in Norway, but have you checked out Vault? I don't really recall Surge myself, but I like Vault and here's what how the Surge wiki page compares:

Comparisons of this soft drink have been made to a more recent Coca-Cola product, Vault, which was first released in 2005 — around four years after the discontinuation of Surge. The two drinks are noted to have similar ingredients and taste, although Vault contains much higher levels of caffeine at 70.5 mg per 12 fl. oz. The caffeine content of Surge was comparable to that of other citrus soft drinks in the American market at 52.5 mg per 12 fl. oz, as stated by Coca-Cola representatives and the American Beverage Association.

Mmmm...more caffeine...

Good luck - I'd probably save the money on overpriced old Surge and just load up on Vault!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
That was good stuff. I never liked Mountain Dew, but when surge came along I thought it was really good. When I was in high school, I was in a band with a couple friends, and we would always get a pizza and a 12 pack of Surge before practice. good times...

On a side note.... Do you remember Josta? whatever happened to that? I liked it alot too.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

you know i heard of vault so i went around trying to find it and see if it taste the same but i cant find it. I wish i never had that dream. Im craving to feed the rush of SURGE. lol

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
DUUUDDDDEEE!
Surge was the s***!
Ya, I used to drink that up all the time too. I do miss it. It had its own unique flavor. mmmm good.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cheesefacedogbone
That was good stuff. I never liked Mountain Dew, but when surge came along I thought it was really good. When I was in high school, I was in a band with a couple friends, and we would always get a pizza and a 12 pack of Surge before practice. good times...

On a side note.... Do you remember Josta? whatever happened to that? I liked it alot too.

I know, hella good times with SURGE!

I dont remember Josta, was that before surge?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Jolt was the best of all the soft drinks. Long before energy drinks became the big thing, there was Jolt cola. I remember all night drives from Florida to Virginia. A case of Jolt, some loud music and my 5.0 HO Mustang convertible. Those were good times my friends.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Jolt was the best of all the soft drinks. Long before energy drinks became the big thing, there was Jolt cola. I remember all night drives from Florida to Virginia. A case of Jolt, some loud music and my 5.0 HO Mustang convertible. Those were good times my friends.

sounds like a good time. I got a 68 camaro my self. I love that car. Wish i had some surge to drink in it

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I think Josta came out around the same time. It had a panther or something on the can and had a really unique flavor.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I remember it. I also remember I never cared for it. I don't know, too much sugar or something.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I remember that stuff it was great. It was a rehash of a similar soda called OK Soda, which i thought was awesome. Well they tasted really similar anyway, and both were coke products.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I remember this soda. It was great beyond words. Vault seems to have a different flavor to me. From what I read it was supposed to have the same caffeine content as mello or mt., but I swear practically swam in those sodas during high school. After two Surge I thought I was going to explode. There was definitely something different about it.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Josta rocked but Surge tasted too much like a fizzy Mello Yellow, come on you know that not a single Mello Yellow bottle had any fiz to it. That's why I will stick with good ole fashion Jolt Cola as the best soda to come out next to Pure Sugar Cane Dr. Pepper also known as Dublin DP.

new topics

top topics

join