It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We don't have to use big banks.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I have simply a suggestion for all my fellow ATSers. Not a call to action, just a call to discussion.

In my opinion we have to start pressuring all mega banks on their balance sheets. We must pull all our deposits from BOA, JP Morgan, Chase, Citibank. People always think you have to keep cash under your bed or something. Not true. A good start is simply moving to a small local credit union or small locally owned bank. You'd be surprised that they offer near the same rates and amenities. So you have to use an envelope to deposit at an ATM....boo hoo.

The key to winning the overall battle against TPTB is to find ways to exit their world. Economically, socially, emotionally, and physically if you have the means.

I made a personal challenge to myself to stop giving my money to the banking elite. to "MAN UP!!" Stop complaining about it and start taking small steps that if done cumulatively can bring about peaceful change.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I do, and have for a while, bank with a local bank. Well, that is until they got bought out by a larger bank. Still not one of the BIG banks, but you see the trend. Unfortunately, like every other successful business, larger companies don't like competition so they eliminate it by absorbing it. It's sickening, IMO.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

Totally agree. If we could just enforce the rules as they were designed, and get rid of all exemptions no matter how big or small we can begin to turn this ship around.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRealJayZ

When people stop using the larger banks the smaller ones, will out of default, be used more becoming the new larger ones. With the same corruption.

Why use banks at all? There are lots of other ways.
I myself used to keep a safety deposit box with gold and silver I purchased. Once this became an issue for me I bought a 1,000 lb. safe, hidden of course (not that anyone can move it). In it I keep everything from emergency bug out funds to food. If this is too big there are even other ways to hide money in an apartment using the art of concealment as the 'safe'.
Eliminate all bank usage - send a message!
edit on 5/20/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

In this technological world we live in, it would be very hard to live without banks. Not everyone has the room for a safe to keep all of their accumulated wealth. If we put the proper restraints on the banking system by ending fractional reserve banking, the small banks would be prohibited from becoming too large by the free market. Failure is the greatest deterrent to trying something. If you do not allow a bank to fail when the over leverage their assets, they will never learn or stop manipulating the economy. Go to pre 1913 banking and problem solved.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

If people were keeping all of their money in their house, I think you'd be seeing a LOT more robberies. I keep enough in my house to get by for a while in case of emergency, but I'm not gonna keep 50k sitting around when it's insured in a bank account.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

engineered economic crises will allow the larger banks to buy out the smaller ones! happened to my bank!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I am very well connected technically to banks but do it all through one simple checking account, except for my business. Money gets deposited bi-weekly and that morning I take it out. I do not even use checks, only money orders to do anything. If something needs to be paid for it is cash.
All banks are the problem, along with creditors. When I accumulate a surplus of money I buy an ounce of gold or silver, which incidentally I don't keep in the safe - it is in plain sight but you will never see what it is. You don't need a safe to keep your money/wealth safe. And trust me I made more on the rising price of precious metal then the pathetic interest rates these banks give.
It is more work for me but well worth it in the end, I wouldn't even have a checking account but I have to. Everyone has become addicted to the ease of direct deposits and auto-withdrawals, it's no wonder the banks prey on sheeple who use this system.

BTW insurance is only good if the system stays intact. If certain 'things' begin to happen getting your money will be impossible. This is why I stopped using a safety deposit box.
My lifestyle isn't for everyone either but when and if the time comes. . .
edit on 5/20/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I admire all you are doing AnteBellum. I wish I had the opportunity to do those things. I am making small steps though. The next step is cashing out every friday when I get paid. I lived in a multi unit flat near a major city so I am weary of keeping my cash on hand. I have guns but I am not home all the time and my guns can't fire themselves. I wish i had a HOME. Soon enough though, as long as I can accumulate physical commodities. Houses will be dirt cheap in the not too distant future.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Having a home is not going to be as important as having means to travel away from civilization. Right now I am in ABQ, NM and Before 2 years ago I lived in NJ my whole life 10 minutes outside Manhattan. Still I have made contacts here to relocate into the dessert if necessary with my 2 kids, it was the first thing I did. I befriended a Zuni tribes women outside of Gallup they live off the land and are completely independent of civilization but most of all they are good people. In NJ I befriended Amish in PA, similar to the Zuni they live off the land and are capable of living without anything modern or commercial. In the situation I believe you are implying by the use of these banking tactics paper money is going to be useless after a week or two.
I just need to find the means to get outside the city, to where I need to ride out the storm. If it comes to it screw the house, the cars, and all the stuff - life becomes the most important element.

Think of it this way, back to the bank discussion.
You are a teller in a bank or a bank manager.
Next, SHTF!
Now are you really going to go to work?
With police forces taxed by some major problem I doubt they would even let them open for fear of anarchy!
How about if you are a guard in a prison.
Are you really going to go to work and leave your family alone?
Banks are part of a system that when greatly stressed will collapse, along with other things that are much, much worse for us all.
edit on 5/22/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

top topics

join