It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania Weirdness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I've read a lot of tales from these boards about different states and areas that have weird "things" happening, as well as beasts.

One thing that we have in our area (South-East Pennsylvania, Coatesville, Downingtown, Honeybrook area) is what used to be called Gates of Hell or something similar. There was an old house where a man killed a few people. If you went into the house at night, the dinner table would be set and you could hear people in the house, supposedly. Unfortunately I could never try this out for myself, as it was torn down not too long ago.

Anyway, what I am asking, is if anyone knows any weird stories or beasts about Pennsylvania, or my specific area? I'd like to hear a little bit about the monster stories from around here.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I'm not from Penn but this looks like a decent starter for you.

Paranormal Society of Penn. They have Ghosts, UFO's, bigfoot, etc..

home.supernet.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I've seen and done the thing in Bedford county, it was really creepy. Other than that, that site pretty much had tour dates and little stuff. Ah well, thanks though!

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I grew up in Pennsylvania, and it is definately weird in many ways! There were many legends of supernatural things.

Once I was hiking through a gorge along a stream. I had heard of the legend of a pack of wild dogs in the area, but had never seen them. Then suddenly what came along but this huge pack of wild dogs! I managed to jump away and they hadn't spotted me.

My sister went with friends to what was called "the dollhouse". She came back terrified. Said when you looked into the windows of this old rundown house, you saw people sitting motionless in chairs like they were stuffed!

My great uncle had a farm and a dog. A recurring phenonema there was that some nights after the sun went down, a fire was blazing in the distant woods. And suddenly, the dog's ears would perk up and he would zoom off in the exact direction of the fire, and return several hours later soaking wet. This went on for some time, and once the men decided to try and follow the dog. They ran after the dog, and witnessed the dog run directly into the fire. They returned to the house, and never followed the dog again.

In my town we had "Ax Murder Hollow"; a stretch of road where supposedly some guy axed his girlfriend. It was a popular place to go parking and scare the daylights out of your companion!

[edit on 8/4/04 by aWoman]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Im originally from Pittsburgh, and supposedly theres alot of crazyiness there. Theres even a whole book my mom has about the weird things in pittsburgh. The only 2 things I can remember is 13 bends and Dixmont which is actually right outside of Pittsburgh in Ohio. 13 Bends is supposedly where an orphanage used to be. Well, in this orphanage there was a bunch of kids murdered to make a long story short you're supposed to be able to hear a baby crying if you go there, I never heard it. Dixmont, on the other hand is pretty true. It's a closed down insane asylum, and if you're caught there you'll be arrested (unless your girlfriend can sweet talk the cop). It's a huge place you could spend a few hours in there if you really wanna investigate. Its a pretty scary place, doors slamming and what not. My mom took some pictures and the next time I voyage back to Pittsburgh I'll get them from her. In these pictures theres weird mists almost in the shape of people. Also, theres the now legendary Kecksburg and I've also heard theres a back up pentagon up in the moutains somewhere in Pa. Theres also supposedly alot of haunted buildings on the campus of PITT.

Dixmont Insane Asylum

[edit on 5-8-2004 by USAFSF]

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I'm currently living in PA. As I will assume you know, there was a magazine called weird NJ. Well, there's a book called Weird Pennsylvania. That book has so much stuff it's crazy! Also, the website theshadowlands has a state by state and they have a lot of things about PA that goes town by town

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Here's a link to the Weird USA page with all of the Pa stories listed:

Weird PA

new topics

top topics

join