It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

84-year-old man allegedly beaten by police officer after calling 911

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

The only people I know who are Cop Haters are criminals who are in and out of jail.

So have you been in jail your whole life?

Or are you fibbing for dramatic effect?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOrangeBrood

Ohhh yeah!! We need more of your kind honey!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Notice this jackass poster with an American Eagle as his avatar. This should tell you something about the level of pride he carries with him.

Talk about one sided stories On most of these Cop Hater threads none of you even know the whole story.

Assuming this side of the story is false? The cop tried to cover his wrongdoing by turning away the ambulance, did he not?

Criminals always lie in their own favor. Not saying that is the case here, but in general it's far more likely the Cop is telling the truth than the other way around.

Oh, there you did it. Criminals.

The only people I know who are Cop Haters are criminals who are in and out of jail. Should I assume from that, that all the Cop Haters here are criminals or posting from Prison? Far more likely scenario is it not?

No wait, you're doing it here as well!

How many times do we see somebody here talking about all their run-ins with the Law who pretend they are innocent little lambs.

Sure, but as opposed to the countless times we heard and read of cops covering their tracks, abusing people and whatnot. But that's okay in your book because cops are worth more than your average joe right?

Are you a cop? Anyone close to you a cop? I'd wager a bet.

As far as old men, age does not change them if they are troublesome. This story could go either way.

OH, but you already decided based on YOUR ASSUMPTIONS what side this is going right? Age doesn't change people

You are a CLUELESS TOOL. (either that or you are being sarcastic)

How about a follow up thread when you get the whole story?

How about a written apology to the old man when it turns out you're absolutely wrong and making this stuff up JUST to protect the side of cops(cops in general, as you are most likely basing your argument on an ideal rather than reality)?

No?
edit on 21-5-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The odd thing about this is that all these cops are Americans beating Americans.

Why are these cops so aggressive?

Mostly because their training is meant to be aggressive for the sake of their own safety.
Cops are thought to get control over the situation, that means the people.
Cops who don't understand how to evaluate the meaning behind their aggressive training will use force against everyone.

Most often cops create fear by showing their aggressive authority, if people get scared they will defend them selves. To a cop that is resisting authority and being aggressive.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

Why are these cops so aggressive?

Sociopaths are being hired now. They used to be screened out.

People with high IQ being turned away. They are being screened out.

Emphasis on 'officer safety'.

Confidence that they can get away with it.

Know that some people will always defend them (Stockholm syndrome).

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

you not only get the bullies becoming officers, but you get the kids that they pick on becoming cops which is the only way they feel safe AND what happens then ...you get a well balanced police officer with a chip on both shoulders... what out for those ones.
Cheers

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I had a similar incident occur several summers ago. I had taken my sons to the coast for a day of fishing on my oldest sons birthday and had taken my 67yo disabled mother with us. For my entire life if you were fishing in salt water off of the shore in Fl you didn't need a fishing license, but TPTB changed the law to make it a requiremnet to have one and I was unaware of the law change.

We had been fishing for several hours when a wildlife officer approached us and asked if I had a fishing license. When I replied that I was unaware that I needed one the officer asked me to follow him to his patrol truck so he could run my info and issue me a citation. When we got to his truck and he ran my info it came back that I had a warrant for my arrest, the funny thing was that the physical description for the individual that the warrant was issued for was a 6'6" african-american male weighing 275lbs and 26yo. I am a 38yo white male, 5'10" and 170lbs.
To make matters worse, the warrant was a Georgia warrant and was listed as "Georgia pick up only".

The officer proceeded to place me in handcuffs and was putting me in his truck when my mother noticed what was going on. She approached the officer and asked what he was doing and his reply to her was "It is none of your business so please go back to where you were." My mother tried to inform the officer that I was her son and he said that it did not matter and told her about the warrant. When she began to question the officer he became very beligerant toward her and told her that if she did not leave he would arrest her for "disobeying a lawful order. She explained to him that I had my truck keys in my pocket and she needed them so she could get herself and my son's home and he told her that she was not getting the keys. She asked him how she was supposed to get home to which he told her that she could walk for all he cared (my mother has severe rhuematoid arthritis and needs a walker to get around).

At this point my mother replied to the officer that he did not have to be an "a**" to her. The officer then ran at my mother and tackled her to the ground bending her walker, and shoved his knee into the center of her chest as he put hand cuffs on her. After he had her cuffed he then put her in the SUV with me and closed the doors with the air off and left us in the truck for 30 mins while he waited for child services to come pick up my children, whom had to witness all this.We were eventually taken to jail and were able to bond out at $10,000 each, her for "obstructing justice" and me for the Ga warrant for a traffic citation.

When we went to court a few weeks later we both had the same judge on the same day. When my name was called from the docket and I approached the podium the judge looked at me for a few minutes before speaking and then asked the D.A. if she had the probable cause affidavitt for my arrest because there was something in the file that "doesn't add up". To make a long story short the charge against me was dropped because 1) the warrant was Ga pick up only and 2) they had arrested the wrong person. The judge apologized to me for the mix up and said I was free to go.

When my mother turn came around and she approached the podium the judge again looked at her for a few moments and again asked if the D.A. had the probable cause affidavitt to which the D.A. replied that there was not one issued with the arrest. The judge called a recess and after about an hour and a half he reconvened the court. This time when my mother approached the podium the judge stated that he had spoken with the arresting officer and that it was obvious to him that my mother had been arrested because "you made the cop mad". He then apologized to my mother and told her that she was free to go.

After we left the courthouse we went to the Florida Game and Fish Commission office and spoke to a captian there to request an investigation into the officers actions. My mother had with her hospital records where she had to be treated at the hospital for a sprained ankle and bruised ribs and sternum because of the officer assaulting her. We were told by the captian that they did not have time to waste on doing investigations on their officers everytime a citizen cried foul play and that we should have "learned our lesson the first time". Over the next several days I called the FF&G headquarters in Tallahassee several times about getting an investigation on the officer only to finally be told that if I called again I would be arrested for harassment. We tried to find an attorney to sue them over the wrongful arrest and assualt but to this day we have been unsuccessful finding one.

I know first hand that police brutality is an ever increasing problem in this nation and the vast majority of the time that it occurs it is swept under the rug by the department involved and nothing is ever done to the offending officer. It is truly sad that in todays age we have to view the men and women that are meant to "protect and serve" us with distrust because of their inflated ego's and lack of respect for the people and the law.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/959a8d5188fa.gif[/atsimg]

Civilian review boards are drastically needed. The people can only take so much before armed vigilantes start responding to excessive police violence if nothing appears to be done to eradicate it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join