It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

84-year-old man allegedly beaten by police officer after calling 911

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

84-year-old man allegedly beaten by police officer after calling 911

www.rawstory.com

When Officer Trent Scott arrived on the scene, Henderson attempted to inform him of the driver's belligerent behavior and that the driver had been placed under citizens arrest. The officer allegedly told Henderson there was "no such thing as citizen's arrest in Alabama," and to "get out of the way, old man."

After Henderson tried to explain that he was only trying to help, Officer Scott placed him in an arm bar and slammed him face first into the ground, breaking his nose and eyeglasses...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.courthousenews.com

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
It seems like we can't go by a day anymore without a case of police brutality making the news. I say "making the news" because I'm sure most of it goes unreported.

What's even more alarming, is that when I searched to see if this was posted already, I typed in "84-year old." Take a look at the first search term that came up from last year:

84-year old women smashed into the ground by cops. This is either a very strange coincidence or police brutality is really starting to get out of control.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 19-5-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Wow police brutality to the max, how anyone can do this to an 84yr old man i dont know, iam from the UK, i thought 'citizens arrest' was federal law ? i.e applies all over the US, how he can say 'that doesnt work in Alabama' just goes to show how abusive some of these C*nts, sorry, *Cops are.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Ultimate power is ultimatly corrupting...
Some people let their postion go to their heads, its just a cop's job leads to this ...
but it happens in the office with managers and such who bully the staff..
politicians
the list goes on....

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Look at it from the cops point of view: he "feared for his life."

Well, an elderly man taking care of things as any man should probably had the cop fearing for his job more than his life but still, we can't have have people going around thinking they can live their life without some gang of thugs lording over their every movement.

The bit about no citizen's arrest in Alabama is bunk according to the state statutes.

Making up crimes as they go along is another typical cop action. I guess they feel bad they couldnt get into law school.

Arrests by private persons
edit on 19-5-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

In the 1970's the New York state police beat the crap out of my Dad for failure to use a turn signal while changing lanes on a deserted highway at 3:00 AM.

Dad does not swear or drink and did not even have a traffic ticket!

This "Little Hitler" type atitude is unfortunately seen a lot in police officers who go from being schoolyard bullies to bullies with a badge.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

I can understand where you're coming from, but when you hear something like this, its far too much, i know coppers over here in the UK who turn a blind eye to *certain* crimes, i've personally never met a cop who abused his power, not like what i keep hearing over in the US recently, although there are obviously people like this over in the UK, but if we had stuff like this happening, they simply wouldnt get away with it, you would be lynched in the street & rightly so, if a street of people saw you do this to an innocent 84yr old man.

+10 more 
posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
ATS needs a new forum called, "Police Brutality" or some such thing so we can start to formally organize the reports.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

100% agree, too much of a common occurance today..

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanishr
reply to post by sprocket2cog

I can understand where you're coming from, but when you hear something like this, its far too much, i know coppers over here in the UK who turn a blind eye to *certain* crimes, i've personally never met a cop who abused his power, not like what i keep hearing over in the US recently, although there are obviously people like this over in the UK, but if we had stuff like this happening, they simply wouldnt get away with it, you would be lynched in the street & rightly so, if a street of people saw you do this to an innocent 84yr old man.

im not saying this is right, far from it...
and as i live in Australia i agree with you, nearly every officer ive met has been great, some migt be a bit rude, but most likely had a rough day..
i have all the repect for the officers, when they have respect .. same goes for anybody, respect is earned not beaten in to you..
and they wouldnt get away with it here either

edit on 19-5-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

ATS needs a new forum called, "Police Brutality" or some such thing so we can start to formally organize the reports.

I agree. REAL useful when you want to show it to your "elected"
officials.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Well, maybe if you live past the average mortality rate
you are considered to be over-using and/or rorting the pension scheme.
Govt Budget is tight.

Just stay under the radar,
quietly cash your pension cheque,
stay away from cops

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

Something tells me they would frown upon keeping a record like that.

Keeping it appear as the "occasional rogue" maintains the status quo. God forbid we see clean stats and an ongoing record.

I believe that's what killed copwatch.org or at least what made it require a log-in to access.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

They can frown all they like. Here is a site that reports police illegal acts daily. This will frustrate you !
www.injusticeeverywhere.com...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

Nice link!

Should be daily viewing for everyone.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Welcome to 1984 Winston. That will teach you to think you have rights. You have priveleges, nothing more.

2+2=5
Ignorance is strength.
Freedom is slavery.
War is peace.
"It is not enough to obey Big Brother. You must love him."

I know this has all been quoted before. But the longer I live, the more I see Orwell's dystopian society become reality. It's like a playbook for the elitists of the world. Not that it's the only one. But probably the best known.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." George Orwell.

At least this is their vision of the future. It's up to us to change that.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
this kinda of story pisses me off and the more i hate cops

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
So very sad! This man was only trying to help! Next time, it could be your father or grandfather.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
WOW! All these threads about cop brutality lately, sounds to me like they need to start teaching these cops some sort of compassion courses at the academies or you know "How to treat Humans like Humans, instead of animals" 101!! Give someone a badge and a gun and their ego's go through the bloody roof!!!!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Jubes

According to some statey relatives of mine they go out of their way to teach just the opposite.

There is no human just a threat or an offender. Doesn't matter what the context is or the accusation is or whether its a 15 year old girl, 84 year old man, paraplegic in a chair, whatever, we're all threats and offenders subject to abuse, tackling, tasing, complete disrespect and even being killed.

They teach this intentionally.

The best part is that there are no victims. At most there are witnesses but even they are to be treated with suspicion and mistrust. There are no victims. When a cop walks into a room every person in there is seen as a threat and an enemy.

Trained this way.
edit on 19-5-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join