It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human/Dolphin translation machine invented!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Why do I get the feeling Dolphins are part of Al-Qaeda, and we'll wind up going to war with them.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Wow this is amazing.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Oh good, I new I kept those old episodes of seaquest for some reason

Crazy!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by srsen
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ff3eeb1f21fe.jpg[/atsimg]

"Hi there, now that we can communicate, on behalf of my species I just want to say that until you bring all of those involved in the BP oil spill to justice, and stop ruining our environment with your oil, and radioactive waste, trash and other junk we will remain silent, if you do the right things, then maybe we can really talk"

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Josonic
If we do end up being able to directly communicate with dolphins I could see them one day being labeled as intelligent genus with humans being the only other one. They could be given their own rights just like you and I have.

I agree; would be creepy maybe the dolphins would evolve or we could help them evolve over a long period of time to become amphibious and they would join us in our Galactic Domination lol.

Or we could find another water planet for them to live on if they like.

Would be neat though..... I'm sure we could do this with Chimpanzees too. They seem to be capable of being taught many things..

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

This just in: U.S declares war on dolphins because of Threat Al-Qaeda will strap bombs to their allies the dolphins and Target U.S submarines and/or ships. This is the year 2067!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

Yeah, between the radiation and the dolphin slaughter every year. Sickening, but a must see.

www.thecovemovie.com...
edit on 19-5-2011 by colbyforce because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

I've heard that dolphins are even telepathic, so if that is the case then they are likely to hold a mental capacity beyond ours and they would be the teachers and we would be the students. I hope its true.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
So we can here them say: "So long and thanks for all the fish"!

Seriously, bloody amazing, We could learn so much from them.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Hope it works. Communicating with other species than ours must be truly amazing.
edit on 19-5-2011 by Farnhold because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Man, you are such a dolphin buttkiss
You gonna shine their shoes too?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
And they say that humans are the only self conscious beings, dolphins are conscious beings too! Sure they have more limited intelligence but it shows that we're not the only ones, thats freaking insane! =D

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This would be the first non-linear machine also. I have always maintained that dolphins do not communicate in a linear fashion.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The first things the dolphins will tell us... "Why in the hell are you wasting money on this?"

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Finally we will be able to tell them the wonders that is american idol, left/right political systems, and the twitterverse.

I wonder if the dolphins would vote for Obama...naa, they seem more kucinich type people.

In all seriousness, this is a very cool idea...it would be interesting to see, if this is possible, how deep and complex their language truely is..see if they are just running on some basic needs, or have..poetry night in front of the ships so to speak.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
oh, and one more add to this concept:

Dear Scientists:
Please do not make machines that translate the following:
Cow, Chicken, Pig, or anything else we put between bread or on top of pizza's.

Please do consider making one for a cat, but make sure they speak with a lolcat accent (dog with a loldog accent also)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by coquine
Last week we were in Florida on a beach. And I wanted to see dolphins, and joked "I'm going to send them a psychic call and ask them to come." It was a joke, but I did make an effort, unbeknownst to anyone around me.
Exactly five minutes later a group of them appeared in front of us and were jumping and playing! My husband just kept saying, "that is so wierd, that is so weird..."

Probably just a coincidence, but I wonder if we could learn to communicate without any tools at all.
edit on 18-5-2011 by coquine because: (no reason given)

Well, it probably was a coincidence, however, if we were able to communicate with them, then it could lead to confirmation if it is in fact true...who knows...they may have a few things they could teach us (for a prime supply of tuna no doubt)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

In recent times, dolphins have begun to be seen as more than just an aquatic mammal. They have receieved the status of 'sentient beings' and have recently been described in this article as 'non-human persons'.

Now if we could just get the Japanese to acknowledge it too....

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Now we can use torture to find out where the whales hideout is lol.Maybe we can reach some sort of agreement with them..we'll stop slaughtering them if they stop with the earth quakes..yuk yuk.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tephra
Why do I get the feeling Dolphins are part of Al-Qaeda, and we'll wind up going to war with them.

That's why their first words will be "We have no oil!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join