It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

serious question please answer with respect.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Revelation 6:8 (KJV)
8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

also

Hades (English pronunciation: /ˈheɪdiːz/; from Greek ᾍδης (older form Ἀϝίδης], Hadēs, originally Ἅιδης, Haidēs or Άΐδης, Aidēs (Doric Ἀΐδας Aidas), meaning "the unseen"[1]) refers both to the ancient Greek underworld, the abode of Hades, and to the god of the underworld. Hades in Homer referred just to the god; the genitive ᾍδου, Haidou, was an elision to denote locality: "[the house/dominion] of Hades". Eventually, the nominative, too, came to designate the abode of the dead.

In Greek mythology, Hades is the oldest male child of Cronus and Rhea. According to myth, he and his brothers Zeus and Poseidon defeated the Titans and claimed rulership over the cosmos, ruling the underworld, air, and sea, respectively; the solid earth, long the province of Gaia, was available to all three concurrently. Because of his association with the underworld, Hades is often interpreted in modern times as the personification of death[citation needed], even though he was not.

Hades was also called "Plouton" (Greek: Πλούτων, gen.: Πλούτωνος, meaning "Rich One"), a name which the Romans latinized as Pluto.[2] The Romans would associate Hades/Pluto with their own chthonic gods; Dis Pater and Orcus. The corresponding Etruscan god was Aita.

Symbols associated with him are the Helm of Darkness and the three-headed dog, Cerberus.

The term hades in Christian theology (and in New Testament Greek) is parallel to Hebrew sheol (שאול, grave or dirt-pit), and refers to the abode of the dead. The Christian concept of hell is more akin to and communicated by the Greek concept of Tartarus, a deep, gloomy part of hades used as a dungeon of torment and suffering.

edit on 5/19/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I agree with the others, if she was accurate before, why doubt her now? She is evidently upset and honestly believes what she has seen/heard. Don't indulge her, SUPPORT her. You don't have to be religious to understand compassion.. She's your MOM. It find it amazing that she is suddenly so active after living with Polio. And the doc is stumped? Perhaps there IS more to this than you see.

At least if by chance she is incorrect, you can at least say that you were there for her, and that's what family does.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Just something that I noticed regarding this post...

Originally posted by TheAmused

Originally posted by Quyll
Did she say anything about May 21, 2011?

she just says very near .
she doesn't give a date.

But she is acting as if it was close close so idk.

And then this...

Originally posted by David291
I just said in another thread...

I thought noone knew that the time was coming, only Jesus and God? Am I missing something?

Ok that is where i started to question her.
she has a old 85 year old family bible.
and in the bible it clearly say's.
Mathew 24:36
But of that day and hour knows no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father

You may not even have noticed this either OP but as stated in Mathew 24:36, the day and hour won't be known.
Unless your dear mother was told a date but wouldn't disclose that info, you stated that she said it was close and didn't give a date so essentially she doesn't know the day or hour. Would that make your questioning her "prophecies" redundant or atleast deserving of a second thought?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I'm going to have to agree with some of the other posters.

I don't want you to filter out what she says for me.

Type it out and let me see how I feel about the "scary" stuff.

Thanks

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Well considering the facts that you've shared:

She correctly predicted a future event.
She has self healed.

I would be paying absolute attention to her.

You need to get past your own beliefs or non beliefs and listen and support your mother.

Keep a journal! Please keep a journal (a video journal would be better).

Try to help her get the message out and right. Some of the things she says may sound crazy to you, but maybe you are interpreting them wrong.

Share with us some of the things she says. I agree with the poster above that she may be on "overload". Maybe getting too many messages at once and things are getting confused.

Our heads won't "explode".

Keep her safe and love her everyday.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I guess when you die you are given a gift to bring back, you are sent back to use it for good. I got my gift when I died, don't know when I will do my good deed with it. We get all the answers to the deep questions of life at the moment we leave this world for good.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Your mom has definitely been healed by God. Healing and removal of sickness is a 1000% sign of God. There has been an ther post about 6 months ago from a woman whose husband is a firefighter that is pactically identical to what your mom is going through. The revelations that she is speaking should not be filtered or witheld no matter how scary or disturbing. Urge her to share everything so that you may do the same. Knowledge is power and knowledge from God is absolute. When your mother is speaking prophesy pay particular attention to the mood of the environment. God uses his Angels to communicate with us so take note of how you feel and what you sense. I have had an absolute sense of protection and peace the last 2 days that has softened my heart and ushered in forgivness and peace in my spirit and a new repentance of sin. I can feel something is going on with God. Your mother is not crazy. You said you are an atheist. I urge you to consider what you do not know. Share everything your mother says. No matter how bad it is she has been told and therefore must tell.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
As you tell the story of your mother, I can hear both sides of your angst.

One side has lived with seeing your mother in the light of perfection.
As most children see their mothers, she could do no wrong.
What makes your case exceptional, is that it seemed
that she could predict things; which could save your family's life.

The other side of the story, is a nonbeliever now faced with
a spiritual message from he woman who raised him, along
with the seemingly miraculous healing that has becomst her.

Now, is it "possible" that all of these situations are complex
symptoms stemming from your mothers polio and near death
experience? It could be, however I would not expect her to be
doing jumping jacks if outside forces were not at work.

I also realized that, if there is any truth in your mother's story,
then half of her incentive/motive would be to drive you into
salvation, into the arms of the Lord. You are the self professed
athiest.

Since it sounds like you still need convincing, you should perform
several expirements with your mother. I am not. Ttalking of electro
shock therapy, or anything of the sort, only small verifiable tests
that you can do with your mom.

In your story, you said that she talked with eight people, whom she
can name. Eiher get a small recorder, or pn and paper and ask her
about those people. See if you can get names, where they were from,
also birth and death dates. Simple checks onlin might verify everything.

I hope you can prove to yourself and others the truth of her message.
But, without poof there is a chance it is a tage of dementia.

Good Luck!

One final thought, if you actual record a conversation with her, please
listen closely (especially in background "noise"), because I personally
have experienced the appearance of spirit voices on recordings.

As I still am unsure of their origins (demonic or angelic), if you
could provide verifiable proof, it might be helpful.

Wasn't Noah also son of Abrahim?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
i have asked her flat out the date.
She says she isnt allowed to utter the date.

Last night she started talking about my cousin we only see him once a year at the family reunion.
we don;t even talk during the year.
Well she got in the zone no idea what to call it at this point.
Told us to tell my cousin his wife of 6 year's is pregnant.
She like me posting before made me call him and tell him to check.
said the voices told her it will validate she isn't lying.
and make us believe her.
It was a awkward conversation.
But he relize's my mother is sick and try's to help by playing along.
He said we will go to get a test tonight and tell you later.
i said ok man ect..
This morning he called and yes in fact she is pregnant.
he said tell ya momma thanks and i said alight man and congratz.

But here is more i refuse to tell him.
my mother is mad at me for not telling him.
and i am sorry it isn't right.
She wants me to tell him jesus said not to worry that he would take care of there son in heaven.
and that she would miscarry at 6 months.
and give's details how and where via a car wreck.
and that we all would rejoin them soon and not to worry for they will get to hold him soon afterwards.
But there is no way i am going to tell that part to him or her.

I just thought i would add that to the evidence locker so to speak.
what to make of it i got no idea.

So lets say she is correct about tribulation's. too
if correct my cousins wife will miscarry in 6 months .
and we all are gonna go home as she puts it soon after wards ..so to my calculation thats the 11th month or 12th.
but like i said she wont give a date.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

via what you said .
i will add this.
she said my part in all of this is to spread the word.
and jesus told her i would in turn turn to god for answer's..and find him.

to be honest i am having my doubt's as of late..i assure you that.

also i have no idea about Noah.
i have never read more than 3 pages of the bible in my life.
and i am being honest here.
i may have skimmed it ect.. never read the book.
so i got no idea.
edit on 19-5-2011 by TheAmused because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I hope you take no offence to this, but if it was my mother saying these things I would see it as very out of character and be concerned that maybe she is going schizophrenic. I would take her to see a doctor and find out what is causing the behavior. This is just me though and responding from a personal perspective. I dont know your mother and wouldnt know what would be out of character in her case.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Just to fuel this fire.

16but this is what was spoken of through the prophet Joel: 17'(A)AND IT SHALL BE IN THE LAST DAYS,' God says, 'THAT I WILL POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT ON ALL MANKIND; AND YOUR SONS AND YOUR DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY, AND YOUR YOUNG MEN SHALL SEE VISIONS, AND YOUR OLD MEN SHALL DREAM DREAMS; 18EVEN ON MY BONDSLAVES, BOTH MEN AND WOMEN, I WILL IN THOSE DAYS POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT And they shall prophesy. 19'AND I WILL GRANT WONDERS IN THE SKY ABOVE AND SIGNS ON THE EARTH BELOW, BLOOD, AND FIRE, AND VAPOR OF SMOKE. 20'THE SUN WILL BE TURNED INTO DARKNESS AND THE MOON INTO BLOOD, BEFORE THE GREAT AND GLORIOUS DAY OF THE LORD SHALL COME. 21'AND IT SHALL BE THAT (B)EVERYONE WHO CALLS ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED.'

Consider the Spirit poured, I suppose.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I would like to add to the other opinions that being crazy and being a prophet are not mutually exclusive. Meaning that the fact that you are a little crazy doesnt mean you cannot sometimes actually be foretelling an event. I think a lot of prophets are probably a little crazy and perhaps having a mind wired that way may enable certain gifts. There is a saying I really like that I cant locate any more but goes kind of like, "Higher consciousness is the sea in which mystics swim and madmen drown." And some people kind of dog paddle along occasionally going under.

My natural mother was manic depressive, and clearly had some mental health issues. Including at times some issues with confusing fantasy with reality. (Delusional thinking in her manic phases) That said, she did several striking times in her life accurately foretell some things including my brothers death.

The problem is, she was also wrong many times, and when people walk that line between crazy and mystic, you never know which side they are on in any one event.

Spreading the message on a forum like this is probably your best bet. If she is wrong this time, no matter. We get false predictions all the time. But at least it is a heads up for those who take it that way.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

and god is a alien.

Ironically I tell people all the time that God is an alien, because really, alien just means "not of this world". God isn't of this world, and being infinite both in knowledge and in lifespan He is totally beyond our understanding. He is as alien to us as any ET in a flying saucer could ever be. Most people think "alien" means "lives on another planet", but that's not what it means in this case.

and the dead are going to rise from the dead and walk the earth very soon cause god told her.

There is a Bible passage that states the dead in Christ shall rise first, before the living, and both will be caught up together (commonly referred to as the rapture):

1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Personally I believe that the dead will rise and walk the earth for some time before the rapture happens though, because this is exactly what happened when Jesus was crucified:

Matthew 27:52-54
52And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

53And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

54Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.

I believe they will warn people of what is about to happen.

i think my mother of 60+ years of age has lost her mind and i even took her to the doctor.

I think you're letting your own personal disbelief in God cloud your judgment. Try and open your mind to the possibility that something supernatural has happened.

She gives great detail's..far to much for me to even type..it will make your head explode.

Try me

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Wait we're all the seed of Abraham? What about the Jewish peoples weren't they the seed of David? That would make two factions? Two Gods?

I am asking in all seriousness this question because I thought I understood the Bible well, but it seems I don't?

Anyway all's I can say is we will see, but it is kind of scary as the CDC is saying there may be a zombie apocolypse!
That would certainly hold true to what your mom has said....
Here is the thread:
CDC Warns Public to Prepare for "Zombie Apocolypse"

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

reply to post by ThreeDeuce

via what you said .
i will add this.
she said my part in all of this is to spread the word.
and jesus told her i would in turn turn to god for answer's..and find him.

to be honest i am having my doubt's as of late..i assure you that.

also i have no idea about Noah.
i have never read more than 3 pages of the bible in my life.
and i am being honest here.
i may have skimmed it ect.. never read the book.
so i got no idea.
edit on 19-5-2011 by TheAmused because: (no reason given)

I believe the Bible can be proven, but only to one's self. I found this claim it makes about itself to be true for me:

For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. (Heb. 4:12)

People like to negate bible prophecy--I've done it in the past--but it's my contention that the subjects that brought most of us here in the first place are explained there to a supernatural degree.

A lot of us are here at ATS fall under the broader term of "Conspiracy Theorists." I don't particularly agree with the term but it does provide context.

Many of us know that the world isn't exactly how it seems or even as TPTB would have us believe. Something epic, we know in our bones, IS coming.

This is my Meme/Hypothesis and it proves itself time & time & time again:

From UFOS to NWO to Climate Change to Man's Inhumanity to Man to Souless Corporate Greed & So Much More: The explanation proposed within the Bible is freakingly accurate & prescient. It explains it ALL.

Looking forward to more on this The Amused. And glad to see our community mostly acting with respect here. Peace.

edit on 19-5-2011 by The GUT because: clean up for coherency

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

King David is a decendant of Abraham. Abraham had two sons Issac and Ishmael both of different mothers. Jews and Christians are decendants if Issac and muslims the decendants of Ishmael. Please read the Bible it is all in there. If you are not sure of what you are writing please look it up first.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
Wait we're all the seed of Abraham? What about the Jewish peoples weren't they the seed of David? That would make two factions? Two Gods?

You are correct, but you misunderstand why there are "two factions" as you put it, both factions are under one God. I'm going to try and describe in a paragraph what should really be a novel, but the short version is that there are two dispensations at work here. In the Book of Daniel there is a description of God's dispensation with the Jews (seed of David), it is otherwise known as the "70 weeks of Daniel". A week is a period of 7 years. 69 of those "weeks" transpired up to the time the Jews rejected Jesus and He was crucified, at that time God placed His dispensation with the Jews on hold and began His dispensation with the Gentiles, or the "church age" that we currently live in. Those who follow Christ are the seed of Abraham:

Galatians 3:16
Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

The Jews are not:

John 8:39
They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

So we're not talking about actual bloodlines here, we're talking about spiritual lines. The event commonly referred to as the rapture will be the removal of Christ's church from the earth. This event will end God's dispensation with the Gentiles. His dispensation with the Jews will resume at that point, and it will last one "week" (seven years). This is the event known as the Tribulation. I hope that makes sense, it's a complex subject and tough to cover in a brief summary

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

"She once woke up from the nights rest and told my father he couldn't go to work.
he said why?
She said i heard it on the radio a tornado hit your plant and kills 9 people ...
He argued with her so long because she was frantic he was 15 minutes late for work.
8 people died in a tornado that morning..he saw the roof lift of the building."

So.....

She hears that a tornado killed 9 people and tells her husband that he cant go to work...

"And the doctors are stumped how she is walking and doing jumping jacks..she had polio and died when she was young from it..the revived her...and gave her the cure for it.
and here i am telling this story.
But she couldn't walk with out falling...now she can do the twist...jumping jacks ect.... "

They did not revive a small child after she died from polio. Im sorry, but the time that polio was around, people werent even 100% sure of where food goes after you eat it...

How is she a prophet if she heard this on the radio lol?

edit on 19-5-2011 by Scales because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Well, I'm a firm believer in precognition, because I have experienced it myself.
So, I would like t hear what your mother has to say in detail.
I know it must be a lot to type out, but if she wants you to spread her message, we're listening.
I don't think anyone here would have the bad taste to chastize you for doing so, and many of us are interested.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join