It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

above 40 taliban insurgents killed by US forces

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 05:58 AM
link   
story.news.yahoo.com.../nm/20040803/wl_nm/afghan_clash_dc

Between 40 and 50 suspected Taliban militants have been killed in heavy fighting with Afghan forces backed by U.S. attack helicopters and "tank buster" aircraft near the Pakistan border, the U.S. military said on Tuesday.

good luck for these guys
)) well done
))

[edit on 3-8-2004 by gattaca]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
No worries. The Taliban still controls over a third of Afghanistan, and that amount is growing as Afghans grow tired of the imperial US occupation. Local warlords also control swathes of the country.

Obviously this is not reported by the mainstream media as the do not want people to know that the US is losing control of Afghanistan. Just as it is doing in Iraq.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eddie999
No worries. The Taliban still controls over a third of Afghanistan, and that amount is growing as Afghans grow tired of the imperial US occupation. Local warlords also control swathes of the country.

Obviously this is not reported by the mainstream media as the do not want people to know that the US is losing control of Afghanistan. Just as it is doing in Iraq.

what you are telling about???taliban presence in significant number is reported only in one PROVINCE of afghanistan - Zabul.Their control something like one third of this province (maybe not control but it is land without any control)and all fights with talibans are reported only in border area.

you are silly guy,just learn something before you want to say something.now you just telling stupid things.it's without any sense to discuss with your nonsenses

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
You can't debate reasonably so resort to personal insults. Utterly pathetic. Also, although I do not support the Taliban's fascist ideology I support them fighting the US occupiers.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Hey Eddie,

Your fellow Brits are there taking shots also. Are you actually supporting people who are trying to kill your fellow countrymen..er.. occupiers?

Lets not forget Britains long history of Afghan participation.

I have to add that if you actually support people trying to kill U.S and Brit soldiers then... well... there is always the ingore button. I just wish your brave troops in the middle east had the privledge of doing the same.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I have more rumors about this battle
)

above 70 taliban insurgents were killed.The battle took place in near Chost.Talibans tried to attack a small city (Zawara) but US commandos and loyal afghan soldiers just waited for them
)

they were ambushed and were massacred by US and Afghan soldiers
))

good job
))

you can check were is Chost.It's near pakistani border.

[edit on 3-8-2004 by gattaca]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

I have to add that if you actually support people trying to kill U.S and Brit soldiers then... well... there is always the ingore button. I just wish your brave troops in the middle east had the privledge of doing the same.

Do you really think I care if some pro-American war mongering imperialist puts me on their ignore list? Do I ****!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Eddie,Eddie,Eddie,

A few suggestions.
More sleep and less coffee number one.

Next "War mongering imperialist?" Wow. Communisim is dead, Get overit.

And next. I am serious. You are encouraging people to kill my countrymen.
And yours.

I would love for you to meet a true Jihadist face to face. He won't care how much you hate the U.S. He will just kill you. Then you can appreciate what the brave troops are doing to protect your right to say these things.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
Eddie,Eddie,Eddie,

A few suggestions.
More sleep and less coffee number one.

Next "War mongering imperialist?" Wow. Communisim is dead, Get overit.

And next. I am serious. You are encouraging people to kill my countrymen.
And yours.

I would love for you to meet a true Jihadist face to face. He won't care how much you hate the U.S. He will just kill you. Then you can appreciate what the brave troops are doing to protect your right to say these things.

OK if communism is dead why are you talking to me? What you mean is you wish communism were dead.

Furthermore I am NOT encouraging murder. I do not advocate any war (other than the class war) and I do not like death. However if my country were being invaded I would take up arms and fight against the invaders.

On the subject of Jihad. It is a foolish concept. Holy War? Pointless and unwinnable. Murder of innocents is always wrong.

new topics

top topics

join