It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World is to end (again) on Saturday – now Russians know it too

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
CNN just hopped on the rapture phenomenon bandwagaon.

religion.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Very good point, false prophets are supposed to be stoned. So on Sunday at his church perhaps he should call in sick.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzie56

Originally posted by camaro68ss
its not going to happen.

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."
-Matthew 24:36

There for it will not happen per the word of god. Does this guy read his own material?

Exactly what I thought when I first heard this. The same people that love to quote the Bible to further their own purposes never actually quote the whole thing, they just read around the parts that disagree with them.

--When Jesus said no man knows the day or hour, he chose his words carefully and was also careful not to say the very things that so many people think he meant. He did not leave out "year" because we actually could know the year of his coming. He did not say don't study prophecy as if you could not understand anything at all about timing. He did not say he was coming at any moment. And he did not say we would not one day finally know his coming (at least 3½ years in advance).

Only when you look at Jesus' statement in its cultural context and compare other related prophecies to it can you understand what he really meant. He was saying that, for now, we cannot know the time of his coming far in advance, even though it is obvious that it will come on a future Feast of Trumpets. He also taught that as long as we continue not knowing, it should give us extra (needed) incentive to stay awake, not backslide and fall into sin. --

www.escapeallthesethings.com...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
OP seems confused there are Christians in Russia.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 01010101010101
this just came out , and i thought this would be the best place to share it. it seems that there posting billboards over there too , id like to know just what exactly is going on. and why the russians are doing the same thing? seems like this is going viral and there has to be a reason , lets all hope that Harold camping isn't right.

RTNEWS
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 18-5-2011 by 01010101010101 because: had to fix news link

There is a very good reason, and that is that anyone who believes the rapture is this Saturday is obviously delusional and is in desperate need of a consultation with a mental health professional. I would say that a good portion of the World's population would fit into that category.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 01010101010101

Because there are a lot of really depressed people there too....and those are the easiest to reach. I think a lot of people who believe it, believe just because they are ready to see the world end. For some, it feels like the world is so messed up that it just cannot be fixed. So the way they see it, the best thing to do is have a wipe-out of most people, upturn everything into chaos, and then whoever is left can start over. We have become so busy as time is seeming to moving faster. I don't know if it is really moving faster or because we progressed so quickly that there is so much to learn and then re-learn and then re-learn again that we are information overload. It is understandable why many people would long for a start-over. No bills, no debt, back to a time when you can get ahead in life by just working your butt off. Back to a time before it was impossible to have a negative amount of money. Back to simplicity.

There is much hate in the world right now. Huge gaps in social classes. Chemicals in our food. We've poisoned the hell out of our oceans. Nearly everyone is on a pill for something. Our air quality is crap. Too many laws: you leave your house and don't know if your breaking a law by doing it, because it is impossible to know them all.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
He was on NZ tv last night

tvnz.co.nz...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
will not end for sure

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 01010101010101

Read Matt 24:36 (ie..... No!..... Harold is not right, nor any other man who has or will will predict a date)

.... a season or time frame maybe... but not a date)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This whole thing is very disturbing to me. So many lives will be ruined over this, and those responsible will probably not be held accountable at all. Well, I guess those responsible are the very people that will be ruined, so never mind. I hope after nothing happens, these people will wake up and start looking at the real problems in this country, and in this world, instead of some fantasy end of the world scenario.

One thing I find hypocritical is that a lot of people who are bashing these guys, are people that are 100% certain the world will end in 2012. Not a guess, either, I went back and looked through some people's posts. Doesn't seem fair to bash these people, but then preach about the world ending in 2012. "No, the world won't end on YOUR date, the world will end on MY date"

So these people are crazy for thinking the world will end on Saturday, but your sane for thinking the world will end in 2012? Even though the Mayan calender running out is what started that whole thing, they never say the world will end, yet the Bible that (in my opinion) is just as credible as Mayan prophecy (as in, not very) that actually says the world will end, albeit not giving a date, isn't worth believing in? I'm not religious by the way, so this isn't just some bible zealot attacking 2012ers and defending these rapture believers. Both sides are equally mislead, in my opinion.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Bunch of hogwash. The world was supposed to end every other week this year. Give it a rest already.
Glad I got my Cancun trip in last week though, just in case. Hahahahahaha!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

ummm do any of you think that this may cause histeria? or riots here and abroad? and on another note what if it did happen?

If the world does end, which I hope that it does, then it will be the end of chaos, destruction, pain, terror, and all things evil on this Earth.

If it doesn't end, I expect that more chaos, destruction, pain, terror, and all things that are evil will continue to ravage Mother Earth, and more than likely in greater intensity.

The end will come soon, and when it does, it will be looked upon with open arms.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Many people will die on May 21st, 2011 by suicide due to the side effects of depression, fear, anxiety, and financial instability... believe it. Stop spreading fear... we will all know the truth soon enough. I for one am not watching the news at all on that day... I am so tired of all this crap. I will be watching the news on May 22nd, 2011 just to recap the previous days events though.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
...So would this by definition make this guy a false prophet, now sinner and intern convert him into the ranks of satin?

Is "satin" now evil? Where does that leave polyester? I may need a quick prayer for my wardrobe!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The world actually ended a long time as far as Russia and Russians are concerned. It ended when the Czar was deposed by the Bolsheviks. Then it ended again when Soviet Union was dismantled. And it just ended once again when Russia lost to Finland in the 2011 Ice Hockey World Championship. After going through all of this does anyone seriously think Russians would be concerned about some silly rapture?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Ummm and how is it suppose to end? Comet? Asteroid? What?

LOL-im not canceling my plans for the weekend.

Jesus returns according to the story.

so ya, erm...look busy

Thank you... we needed that

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
its not going to happen.

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

I asked my Father and he doesn't know either!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
it's funny how this guys name is camping. when all is said and done and nothing happens, his followers are going to be called "campers", cause they have no job and live on the street. i find it sad how so many are putting stock into this guy and throwing in the towel on thier lifes they had. this also scares me to a point, if they are this brainwashed will they still continue to follow what ever he says and to what ever degree.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Remember the book, 88 Reasons Why Christ is Coming Back in 1988?

That's all I have to say about forecasters of the second coming of Christ.

-Gib

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
i predict mass suicides on the 22nd... koolaid anyone? (joking)

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join